First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If the lift comes with a specific length control arm to work with the amount of lift the springs provide why would they need to be adjustable?
IMO adjustable control arms are just another failure point and add complexity to the lift that is not needed.
I agree on this. People frown on non-adjustable arms for some reason. If they are the correct length, that’s all that matters, and may be less maintenance over time.
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac

Nespeezy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I agree on this. People frown on non-adjustable arms for some reason. If they are the correct length, that’s all that matters, and may be less maintenance over time.
At 3.5 inches your front driveshaft pinion angle will be really bad. Adjustable control arms will allow you to really dial in your caster and pinion angle. If your going 3.5 inches your going to want to be at 5.5-6 degrees of caster. Believe me. Nobody is trying to sell u something you don’t need. Saving you trouble down the road and at the alignment rack when ur jeep steers like shit. But go with god my friend.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
At 3.5 inches your front driveshaft pinion angle will be really bad. Adjustable control arms will allow you to really dial in your caster and pinion angle. If your going 3.5 inches your going to want to be at 5.5-6 degrees of caster. Believe me. Nobody is trying to sell u something you don’t need. Saving you trouble down the road and at the alignment rack when ur jeep steers like shit. But go with god my friend.

You cannot adjust caster without it changing the pinion angle and vice versa, if you set the caster to 5.5-6 degrees the pinion angle is what it is. The only way to separate the two is the cut the ends of the axles tubes and rotate the pumpkin, I have not seen anyone doing that.
If a lift manufacturer sells a 3.5" lift they can also provide the correct length LCRs or both LCRs and UCAs that will put the axle at the correct caster for the springs they include in the lift kit.

Last edited:

Nespeezy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
You cannot adjust caster without it changing the pinion angle and vice versa, if you set the caster to 5.5-6 degrees the pinion angle is what it is. The only way to separate the two is the cut the ends of the axles and rotate the pumpkin, I have not seen anyone doing that.
If a lift manufacturer sells a 3.5" lift they can also provide the correct length LCRs or both LCRs and UCAs that will put the axle at the correct caster for the springs they include in the lift kit.
[/QUOT

It can be done with upper and lower adjustable control arms. If you need me to get under my jeep to show I can. If I stand corrected isn’t that what we are discussing??? Why adjustable control arms are needed and used. Especially going 3.5 inches. U will most likely need to replace that front driveshaft unless you don’t take it off-road. The pictures I provided are a 3.5 inch lift. This is what my front driveshaft looked like going into transfer case. Fixed control arms is not going to fix that. However mine is a Rubicon.
5F2A988D-78CB-44AC-8225-BFFB948309B9.jpeg

D1AE82CE-C50B-4333-B18F-856DE0E4E534.jpeg

OP
OP

Shifty

First Name
Dain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
Military
I am reporting that I have made the conscious decision to cancel my skyjacker lift and got my money back. I will decide on a smaller kit after some time having driven the truck with the new wheels.

Sponsored

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
If the lift comes with a specific length control arm to work with the amount of lift the springs provide why would they need to be adjustable?
IMO adjustable control arms are just another failure point and add complexity to the lift that is not needed.
This is what I've been wondering also, but didn't have the technical vocabulary to express it. Seems to me that if a manufacturer includes a control arm with a specific lift, for a specific vehicle, that control arm would likely be optimal, no?

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
I run 33's on my Sport (285/70).

You can put 33's no lift but will likely need to remove those air foil pieces end of your bumper. Or swap out completely the bumper. Plenty of take offs available. If you use spacer lifts 1.5 spacers are about the max you'd go before you get into longer parts, hence complicating everything.

Another method is Rubicon fenders.

This is my Sport before and afters
Jeep Gladiator 2021 GLADIATOR SPORT LIFT ALIGNMENT SPECS 6343F9D5-E3BB-47CB-B2CA-EE94C2F19E69
Jeep Gladiator 2021 GLADIATOR SPORT LIFT ALIGNMENT SPECS 51173

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
If the kit you buy comes from the factory with fixed lower control arms I would bet they work with that kit for correct caster for that amount of lift. Why in the hell else would they include them just as the fixed MOPAR arms do with the MOPAR lift kit, They Work. Why go buy adjustable arms to most likely adjust to the same length the arms that come with the lift kit ?????. Don't piss away money until you understand that its something you actually need

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I ended up with the Clayton 2.5 overland kit with Icon Rebound Pros and Rubi take off tires. No rubbing at full lock haven't been off road yet and also not a rock crawler. Diesel heavy duty rear springs and a Hellwig sway bar. Plus the metalcloak sway bar upgrade bracket. No complaints so far. Love the way it rides. At 2.5 inches on lift. According to Vegas 4X4 it's definitely not factory spec. Can't remember what they put it at.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 GLADIATOR SPORT LIFT ALIGNMENT SPECS IMG_20230908_185158985
Jeep Gladiator 2021 GLADIATOR SPORT LIFT ALIGNMENT SPECS IMG_20230908_170207884
Sponsored