Line-x lessons learned?

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm getting Line-X done tomorrow. Anything I should make sure to tell them ahead of time? Or anything I should be aware of to set expectations?
Sponsored

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Ask them to plug the threaded holes that hold on the bed rails so that no bed liner clogs up the threads. I did not do that when I had my bed liner installed. I had to buy a drill bit and tap set from a big box store (6MM-1.00). I then had to drill out the bed liner and clean out the threads with the tap. Also have then explain in detail how and where the will apply the liner.

OP
OP
JeepHouse

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask them to plug the threaded holes that hold on the bed rails so that no bed liner clogs up the threads. I did not do that when I had my bed liner installed. I had to buy a drill bit and tap set from a big box store (6MM-1.00). I then had to drill out the bed liner and clean out the threads with the tap. Also have then explain in detail how and where the will apply the liner.
Thanks for the tip.

I also noticed there are removable plastic covers/plugs in the bed. Should I expect the installer to remove those and then re-install?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the tip.

I also noticed there are removable plastic covers/plugs in the bed. Should I expect the installer to remove those and then re-install?
Do not expect anything. Tell them what you want removed or left. Every spray liner dealer is different in what bed plugs they will remove or leave in place. A decent shop will listen and heed your requests. They will also know what plugs are a pain to reinstall if they have to remove fresh sprayed liner material to accomplish that and explain that to you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepHouse

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do not expect anything. Tell them what you want removed or left. Every spray liner dealer is different in what bed plugs they will remove or leave in place. A decent shop will listen and heed your requests. They will also know what plugs are a pain to reinstall if they have to remove fresh sprayed liner material to accomplish that and explain that to you.
Thanks for the clear eyed response. Will report back later today how it went

OP
OP
JeepHouse

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got it back today and overall am happy with how it turned out. The threaded holes did get covered, I guess if I had plugged them myself it would have been avoided. I have not plans to utilize them so this doesn't bother me. If I do in future, I don't think it would be much effort to re-tap (really more thread chasing). The plastic plugs were covered over, I'm not sure what the plugs are for, but if they need to be removed I'm sure I could get a blade under them to cut the Line-X or just drill through the plastic. The only thing I actually don't like is the Line-X yellow sticker that was stuck to the back window. Looks like a job for scrapper and denatured alcohol to remove.
Jeep Gladiator Line-x lessons learned? 2020-06-04_17-15-59_369

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good.

My understanding of the forward plugs and the holes under them are just access holes for the assembly process and need of future access short of maybe a collision repair, will probably never need to come off in a normal ownership experience.

OP
OP
JeepHouse

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good.

My understanding of the forward plugs and the holes under them are just access holes for the assembly process and need of future access short of maybe a collision repair, will probably never need to come off in a normal ownership experience.
Thanks for the insight; hope I never find out if that's the case!

Also, sticker came off easily, started with razor but came right off with no other help needed

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If you need the front holes and the side holes for a cover, the front is an M8 and the rear an M6 to chase the threads with a couple taps. I did that with mine and the bolts threaded right in.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
If you need the front holes and the side holes for a cover, the front is an M8 and the rear an M6 to chase the threads with a couple taps. I did that with mine and the bolts threaded right in.
I realize this is an old thread... but I counted 12 screw holes in the Bed assuming the 2022 is the same as yours... are all of the holes not M6 x 1.0 ? Are you saying the ones on the rail are M6 and the ones below the rear window are M8 ?

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
If you’ve not taken yours in yet, the easiest thing to do is ask them to plug them before applying line-x.

I did this and my local Line-x dealer was more than accommodating. I simply explained that I didn’t want the threads clogged, and they took care of the rest.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
My bro in law has a line x shop in baltimore area. He is pretty good.
I'm in the NoVa area myself and curious what he would do the Gladiator bed size for...

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
I got it back today and overall am happy with how it turned out. The threaded holes did get covered, I guess if I had plugged them myself it would have been avoided. I have not plans to utilize them so this doesn't bother me. If I do in future, I don't think it would be much effort to re-tap (really more thread chasing). The plastic plugs were covered over, I'm not sure what the plugs are for, but if they need to be removed I'm sure I could get a blade under them to cut the Line-X or just drill through the plastic. The only thing I actually don't like is the Line-X yellow sticker that was stuck to the back window. Looks like a job for scrapper and denatured alcohol to remove.
Jeep Gladiator Line-x lessons learned? 2020-06-04_17-15-59_369
Looks nice what does that normally cost ?
Sponsored