First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
do any of you tow with your livernosis tune? i am interested in getting the 91 tune but im not sure if it would effect the engine in a bad way. I want to tow my 5000lb travel trailer with the tune but i dont know how it will hold up.
I don’t tow however it would definitely enhance ones ability to tow. The power of the engine is so much smoother especially in the rpm range towing would have you in. Not positive about the transmission tune but I’m sure it would be fine as well with towing. If you were worried about that part put it back to stock. Engine tune at 91 is amazing. It’s my daily driver.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HemiMagnum1

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
do any of you tow with your livernosis tune? i am interested in getting the 91 tune but im not sure if it would effect the engine in a bad way. I want to tow my 5000lb travel trailer with the tune but i dont know how it will hold up.
I have had the Livernois tuner for about 7 months and it's awesome. Towing is much better, acceleration is much better, and it allows for speedo correction on larger tires. Way to go Livernois!

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
I have it also, love it.
It sucks to need a second ECU for warranty issues (I don’t have one yet).
I have a manual trans Mojave so I can’t speak on the auto shifting but my diving is a much better experience now. Worth the money to me.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Good to hear, I'm definitely going to spring for this at some point when I'm comfortable warranty-wise. Especially if it gives any extra low end grunt.

Would you still need a Tazer to control turning off auto stop/start and traction control, or is there an option to disable the defaults through the Livernois tune?

Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Good to hear, I'm definitely going to spring for this at some point when I'm comfortable warranty-wise. Especially if it gives any extra low end grunt.

Would you still need a Tazer to control turning off auto stop/start and traction control, or is there an option to disable the defaults through the Livernois tune?
You would still need a Tazer for those. I was hoping Livernois would add some functionality to the programmer, but so far nothing 🙁

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Is the livernois all added power or can/would that translate into mpg with conservative driving? Im new to the whole programming side of these upgrades.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You would still need a Tazer for those. I was hoping Livernois would add some functionality to the programmer, but so far nothing 🙁
Probably not interested in getting into a battle with certain groups -

Here is one intro under a headline -
A recent court decision against a maker of aftermarket parts, coupled with the new possibility of criminal charges, has jolted an industry.

And others -
A default judgement resulting in more than $7 million in fines was ordered against Freedom Performance LLC in February.

Spartan Diesel was ordered to pay a $4.1 million penalty in October 2018.

In another case, KT Performance could only pay out $52,284 of their fine before going out of business.

for selling catalytic converter-delete aftermarket exhaust systems, California-based MagnaFlow was ordered to pay a $612,849 penalty in March;
and for selling catalytic converter-delete aftermarket exhaust systems, Nevada-based JAMO Performance Exhaust was ordered to pay a $10,000 penalty in August.

In addition, the EPA secured settlements against a number of companies that sold parts for gasoline-engine vehicles over the last year,
among them Nevada-based Flowmaster, which paid a $270,000 penalty in March;
California-based OBX Racing Sports, which paid a $25,000 penalty in April;
California-based Weistec Engineering, which paid an $8,500 penalty in March;
and California-based APEX Integration, which paid a $5,000 penalty in August.
All were for selling either tunes or catalytic converter-delete exhaust components.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Is the livernois all added power or can/would that translate into mpg with conservative driving? Im new to the whole programming side of these upgrades.
My experience is this is these are performance tunes only. Since the target is HP, I doubt 'conservative driving' would have much/any effect.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Probably not interested in getting into a battle with certain groups -

Here is one intro under a headline -
A recent court decision against a maker of aftermarket parts, coupled with the new possibility of criminal charges, has jolted an industry.

And others -
A default judgement resulting in more than $7 million in fines was ordered against Freedom Performance LLC in February.

Spartan Diesel was ordered to pay a $4.1 million penalty in October 2018.

In another case, KT Performance could only pay out $52,284 of their fine before going out of business.

for selling catalytic converter-delete aftermarket exhaust systems, California-based MagnaFlow was ordered to pay a $612,849 penalty in March;
and for selling catalytic converter-delete aftermarket exhaust systems, Nevada-based JAMO Performance Exhaust was ordered to pay a $10,000 penalty in August.

In addition, the EPA secured settlements against a number of companies that sold parts for gasoline-engine vehicles over the last year,
among them Nevada-based Flowmaster, which paid a $270,000 penalty in March;
California-based OBX Racing Sports, which paid a $25,000 penalty in April;
California-based Weistec Engineering, which paid an $8,500 penalty in March;
and California-based APEX Integration, which paid a $5,000 penalty in August.
All were for selling either tunes or catalytic converter-delete exhaust components.
With the current state of cat thefts I can visualize some of these cat delete/bypass products being re-marketed 'for temporary use only' 🤣.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
With the current state of cat thefts I can visualize some of these cat delete/bypass products being re-marketed 'for temporary use only' 🤣.
That's funny as the pipe I put under my SX4 when I did the 4.0 transplant was actually marked that way. I've spent 10 years trying to figure out if the cat was causing a problem...........

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I've had Livernois tune on a few of my vehicles and I have always been impressed with the quality, performance and their service.

Once they released the MY21 Gladiator tune I went ahead and flashed it.

I have nothing but positive feedback.

The E-85 tune is sublime. Super smooth.

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Auto stop is changed to default off.

I don’t think there is an similar EPA issue as this tune doesn’t remove any emission equipment or processes.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I've had Livernois tune on a few of my vehicles and I have always been impressed with the quality, performance and their service.

Once they released the MY21 Gladiator tune I went ahead and flashed it.

I have nothing but positive feedback.

The E-85 tune is sublime. Super smooth.
i so agree on Livernois. I have had them on EcoTech’s and it is night and day. Not only the higher and more level torque curve and a non-peaky HP curve, but great tranny performance too

looking at this dyno result has me thinking of it for my JT.

Can FCA tell I’ve deployed it and void my warranty??

95F2D13E-423B-461A-BFBB-BCA558F15F6A.png

bcramlet23

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mojave 2005 lj
Occupation
electrician
i so agree on Livernois. I have had them on EcoTech’s and it is night and day. Not only the higher and more level torque curve and a non-peaky HP curve, but great tranny performance too

looking at this dyno result has me thinking of it for my JT.

Can FCA tell I’ve deployed it and void my warranty??

Jeep Gladiator Livernois Tuner. Anyone have one? 95F2D13E-423B-461A-BFBB-BCA558F15F6A
just from my internet research the answer is yes, they can tell the mileage on each ecm. once the new model ecm's are available i'm going to buy one for their tune.
Sponsored