Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Im wondering what would happen if i put mojave shocks and springs on my rubicon. Or the mojave shocks on. theyre 2.5 vs 2.0
Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
I have been thinking about selling my Rubicon and getting a Mojave, but this sounds like it may be what I'm looking for -- improved on road softening of bumps and rough roads while handling high speed bumpy trails. Do you think this suspension would soak up high speed bumps similar to the Mojave? Is there a specific reason you went with the Stage 7 instead of a less expensive stage 3 or 4?
I can’t imagine a Mojave beating an icon, if it does, I’m not interested. With stock mopar lift components mixes with icon shocks, I was able to go faster off-road than I ever need to go. And with comfort off-road and on … wonderful product.

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
I can’t imagine a Mojave beating an icon, if it does, I’m not interested. With stock mopar lift components mixes with icon shocks, I was able to go faster off-road than I ever need to go. And with comfort off-road and on … wonderful product.
I'm going with the Rusty's 4" lift on my diesel Rubicon, and I'm thinking of upgrading shocks to remote reservoir shocks. Do you know if Icons will work with 4" lift? Running 37s and also leaning toward hydraulic bumps.

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
I have been thinking about selling my Rubicon and getting a Mojave, but this sounds like it may be what I'm looking for -- improved on road softening of bumps and rough roads while handling high speed bumpy trails. Do you think this suspension would soak up high speed bumps similar to the Mojave? Is there a specific reason you went with the Stage 7 instead of a less expensive stage 3 or 4?

More! I haven't done personal testing in a place I know with no traffic yet that I test all my kits on but I've done 55 there with my other daughters diesel Canyon on 35"s and they absolutely soak them up way better than a Majave. As long as you're getting a kit with the 2.5 remote res shocks you'll be getting the same handling and ride quality. Upper level kits are for more hard core off roading.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
Anybody have this lift with Rubicon trim. Im wondering if this will be better than the mopar lift. How much it actually lifts it. Can I stuff 37s without rubbing with this kit?
I don’t know if it’s better. It’s party about how much you want to spend and what you will be doing with it. I have the icon stage 8 on my rubicon. I would stack it up against a Mojave any day. Not saying the Mojave is not as good, just different. I would rate the icon stage 8 a 10 for street performance. Handles like a race care. I have done black diamonds trails in my rubicon with 35” inch tires . It’s great. My Jeep is 90% Daily driver 10% off road. I do believe the Hym joints put less stress on the suspension than rubber joints. I will in the future upgrade to 37” tires front bump stop spacer 5:13 gears and flat fenders. For now, I love the way my gladiator performs driving any ware

Sponsored

Mudnyeri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a ruby on an Icon Stage 4 with 37's. No rub, very happy!!

Cory P

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2020 Corvette
Occupation
Contractor
I have the stage 8 with 37”s. Rides and drives great on the street, great offroad also.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I have the stage 8 with 37”s. Rides and drives great on the street, great offroad also.
Glad to hear. Will go to 37” when my 35” wear out

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
What tires are you running? Have you re-geared? All other let us know.

Cory P

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2020 Corvette
Occupation
Contractor
What tires are you running? Have you re-geared? All other let us know.
BFG AT 37x12.5r17
Stock gearing
Banks Derringer
Sponsored