Sponsored

Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Hey all, after some reading I figured it was still best to start my own question here and keep it all in one thread. I will have a few lighting mods installed at once and I would like your input. I'm trying to make sure all these will work together. If you see a better way I'm all ears.

1: I want to add some pre-runner lights to the grille, from what I understand if I buy this from Quadratec it's plug and play with the headlight control knob to the left of the steering wheel? I have Max Tow so the fender lights are always on unless I'm signaling a turn when the knob is all the way left(1), one click over turns on the taillights and the fender lights will stay illuminated when signaling(2), one more click over turns on the headlights(3). I do not have the LED lighting package.
Quadratec Pre-Runner LED Light Kit for 20-21 Jeep Gladiator JT | Quadratec

So the pre-runner lights should be off in position 1, and on in positions 2 and 3 correct?

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. 1624502213978

2: I want to run my short LED bar 2020 Jeep Gladiator 13.5 LED Light Bar | Rugged Ridge behind my grille and add 4 LED pods 2020 Jeep Gladiator 3 LED Cube Lights | Rugged Ridge on my future roof rack. Can I run all of these to the same aux switch? Should I keep them to the low amp or high amp switch? Not sure if it matters but the roof rack wire to the 4 pods is going to be like 12ft long or more to reach the engine bay.

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. 1624502274721

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. 1624502293254

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. IMG_20210524_202735_548

3: I want to add a small work light or something to illuminate my bed better. Is it possible to tap into the existing bed lighting wires so that it activates when I hit the button for those? I'll probably use 1 more of those LED pods I mentioned above, or something similar. It doesn't matter to me that every time I open my doors a bright LED is going to turn on in the bed.

4: I will also be running rock lights on one of my low amp aux switches. 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rock Light Kit | Rugged Ridge

5: I want to add some sort of chase light to the rear of my future bed rack, probably LED. This leaves me out of low amp aux switches, is it possible to just swap a lower amp fuse in the remaining 2 switches to make those effectively low amp switches now? Without doing anything else but swapping a fuse out.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Ok, update here.

I decided not to go for the "Pre-runner" lights in the grille and instead run amber covers on a couple of my roof rack LED cubes. Right now I have Aux 1 for my LED grille bar, Aux 2 empty, Aux 3 Amber cubes, Aux 4 rock lights. I still plan to add a work light in the bed and tie it into the wiring for the two stock lights that are already back there so I can just use the little button on the headlight knob.

As of right now my bed rack and chase lights are on hold, not sure the direction I want to go yet with the remainder of this build.

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. 0712212213a_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. 0712212214_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. 0712212215_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions / experience with multiple lighting mods. 0712212215b_HDR

Edit: Here are the covers I used that fit the cubes, the link should also show you a drop down list of other shapes/sizes. 2020 Jeep Gladiator LED Light Covers | Rugged Ridge
Sponsored