Sponsored

Best, stock-looking and reasonably priced LED front lighting upgrade?

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
My new Overland has halogen headlights, and I find they really are not that great. I have a couple of other vehicles with halogen headlights that are considerably brighter.

I'd love to convert to factory LED headlights and DRL / turn signals, but I imagine the cost is pretty high and there may need to be some adapter harnesses or sales code programming to be done.

I DO NOT WANT to install LED bulbs into the factory halogen enclosures. This setup produces a lot of glare that blinds other drivers and may "look" really bright, but just scatters the light into mostly unusable light.

I'd probably like to do the fog lights as well.

I'd appreciate hearing what people have done, maybe some pics, and approximate cost. I do want to keep the appearance very stock, some of the aftermarket LED lights are pretty wild looking and for myself I'm trying to avoid that.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Diode dynamics headlights are the best, and have an OEMish style, but I would not call them a bargain.

That being said if I had to do it all over again I would. Also love the look and light of my DD elite foglights as well.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Been down that road on my wife’s JLU. Installed LED bulbs in her halogen housings and got away with it for awhile. Recently one started dying (5 years old now) so I purchased some run of the mill OfferUp/EBay LED lights with halos. The output is great compared to stock/led bulbs. For the fenders I went a different route and installed some Bushwacker Hyperform flares with LED switchbacks. So now she has the look of the LED package at 1/3 of the price, and higher fender clearance at the same time.
Jeep Gladiator Best, stock-looking and reasonably priced LED front lighting upgrade? 50AB37ED-4F9E-4654-A508-0672D46017C6
Jeep Gladiator Best, stock-looking and reasonably priced LED front lighting upgrade? 908F2C0E-253C-4FB4-BB74-19D00B7D53C8

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
If you get a lot of wet snow the halogens may be the best bet to be able to see while the snow pile into the front end. There are modest upgrade bulbs.

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
The Mopar LED headlights will run you about $900.

I have the Oracle Oculus on my JT and have been pretty happy with them so far.

Sponsored

coastiej171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I have Audexen from Amazon. The look is very similar to factory LED. 145$ with the current coupon on Amazon.
I can send you pictures of my setup

AUDEXEN 7 Inch Led Headlights DOT Approved Round Headlight with DRL Low Beam and High Beam Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK JKU LJ CJ TJ 1997-2018 Headlamps - Exclusive Patent (Black) https://a.co/d/cfruwk1

9420C529-D9E5-49FC-8EF6-4F570153FF6D.png

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I have Audexen from Amazon. The look is very similar to factory LED. 145$ with the current coupon on Amazon.
I can send you pictures of my setup

AUDEXEN 7 Inch Led Headlights DOT Approved Round Headlight with DRL Low Beam and High Beam Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK JKU LJ CJ TJ 1997-2018 Headlamps - Exclusive Patent (Black) https://a.co/d/cfruwk1
These are 7” round and fit older models. The JL/JT uses a 9” round light. Did you get a different model maybe?

coastiej171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
These are 7” round and fit older models. The JL/JT uses a 9” round light. Did you get a different model maybe?
No, I did end up going with the 7” and getting an adapter. There is a slight gap in between the fixture and grill….not enough to bother me. I’ll send pics to show you and I’ll go through my Amazon purchases to confirm exactly which ones I bought

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Another vote for Diode Dynamics.. I went with the max since I was probably going to also add a small light bar.

Very pleased so far. I am also not a fan of the over the top rgb stuff, so for me these look good and are cheaper than the oem.

If you get them from Northridge 4x4 you can get 10% off with "litebrite".

I've also got the amber ss3 pro fogs and white (amber covers) ss3 max combo lights.

With max you can choose to turn off the side bars, which looks even more oem.

If you get the standard lights they don't come with bars.

Jeep Gladiator Best, stock-looking and reasonably priced LED front lighting upgrade? 20230403_172110

Huhnowwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Mojave JT
Occupation
Project Cat Herder
Another vote here for the Diode Dynamics lights, I have the headlights and fogs.
Sponsored