Lower control arm removal help

Svachet

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JT
Just put on a JKS 3.5 inch lift. However, I have not been able to remove the OEM lower control arms, as to install the JFlex control arm. I can not get the nuts or bolts to move at all. I've called JKS and was advised that the OEM but and bolt should come off with hand tools. I have used hand tools and an impact wrench with no luck. I've attempted with the gladiator on the ground, jack stands behind the control arms on the body, and Jack stands on the front axle. They will not move. Anybody have the same issue or have any ideas.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Either your impact is wimpy or you do not have a long enough breaker bar tool.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Just put on a JKS 3.5 inch lift. However, I have not been able to remove the OEM lower control arms, as to install the JFlex control arm. I can not get the nuts or bolts to move at all. I've called JKS and was advised that the OEM but and bolt should come off with hand tools. I have used hand tools and an impact wrench with no luck. I've attempted with the gladiator on the ground, jack stands behind the control arms on the body, and Jack stands on the front axle. They will not move. Anybody have the same issue or have any ideas.
Not to insult your intelligence, but make sure you're actually using a backup wrench on the other side of the LCA bolts so it doesn't just spin. Otherwise grab a longer cheater pipe for your breaker bar

Sponsored

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I had a similar issue when settling the control arms. The trick was to use a long cheater on the inside nut of the frame rail while having a wrench on the outside bolt head.

OP
OP

Svachet

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JT
Good talking to you...
Sorry brother, I work a lot of hours! I'm a first time jeep owner and this was my first time wrenching on it. Leverage was all I needed, which I obtained by adding a long pipe to the wrench. I do appreciate the help.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Sorry brother, I work a lot of hours! I'm a first time jeep owner and this was my first time wrenching on it. Leverage was all I needed, which I obtained by adding a long pipe to the wrench. I do appreciate the help.
Glad it worked out. Welcome to the addiction!
Sponsored