Sponsored

Magnuson S/C Stock Tuning Issues

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I just completed my install on Friday. Drove it like a grandpa for about 150 miles to let it all break in and the last few days now have been being more aggressive. So far.... the stock tune sucks a$$.

With just normal throttle to keep up in traffic, it will stay in 2nd and 3rd till about 5500 rpm before it finally shifts. On the highway at 68-70, a flat Indiana highway, it never gets out of 6th. Came to a downhill and it did eventually get into 7, but never 8.

When driving more aggressively, it flutters as it accelerates. Stays in 2nd and 3rd till it almost redlines. Shifting is erratic.

I read other people say they love it after they install it, but as of right now its a waste of $6500 as it drives like total crap.

Truck is a 21 JT with 4000 miles now, stock drivetrain, wheels/tires. Only mods that were done at the same time were a K&N filter and Magnaflow exhaust, both of which I told Magnuson about when I sent in my stock file.
Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
In 2010 I had one of the first 10 magnuson superchargers for a SRT8 Jeep. The best thing I did was to ditch their tuning. Find another tuner and don’t look back. They were using predator tuners and I got a hold of a guy that went by diablotoona . He did a mail order tune and adjusted it twice and it was spot on. Seems he has his own site now.

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
I just completed my install on Friday. Drove it like a grandpa for about 150 miles to let it all break in and the last few days now have been being more aggressive. So far.... the stock tune sucks a$$.

With just normal throttle to keep up in traffic, it will stay in 2nd and 3rd till about 5500 rpm before it finally shifts. On the highway at 68-70, a flat Indiana highway, it never gets out of 6th. Came to a downhill and it did eventually get into 7, but never 8.

When driving more aggressively, it flutters as it accelerates. Stays in 2nd and 3rd till it almost redlines. Shifting is erratic.

I read other people say they love it after they install it, but as of right now its a waste of $6500 as it drives like total crap.

Truck is a 21 JT with 4000 miles now, stock drivetrain, wheels/tires. Only mods that were done at the same time were a K&N filter and Magnaflow exhaust, both of which I told Magnuson about when I sent in my stock file.
In another forum they were discussing how the 2021 is completely different than the last two years. Reach out to davecs1 he seems like the Magnuson tuning pro on the forums.

OP
OP
21JPHighAltitude
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator