Sponsored

Magnuson Supercharger Build

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Is the AMW kit itself bad, though? I saw one guy suggest getting the swap, but having a partner shop do the install.
A member poster here has a huge thread in the engine swap sub forum of his experience doing a 6.4 swap at AMW and then going back for the Demon or Hellephant swap. He spent well north of $100k and now has his lawyers handling all the problems. His experiences are not an isolated incident from what Iā€™ve read.
Sponsored

Knight

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
State Trooper
Read through the following thread, and you'll see what I am referring to.
i have no rattles or other noises under heavy acceleration so i think I'm good. I am heavy on the throttle until i get up to the speed limit. My engine sounds quite all the way to red line, but i will listen extra hard at it now.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Well, I sold the Gladiator today. Between not being able to install the supercharger because of newer ECM, and stock engine issues that appear to be showing up, it was time to part ways. The trade in value was pretty nice too.

What a strange turn of events. Probably the first time I bought a new vehicle and got rid of it in less than a year.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
What you getting, and dude I feel you on these trucks. The engine us a serious sticking point to to an otherwise great platform

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What you getting, and dude I feel you on these trucks. The engine us a serious sticking point to to an otherwise great platform
I haven't decided yet. I used one of those car buying services, so it it wasn't really a "trade-in." Before I got the JT, I was considering a Raptor. I'll probably go with one of those.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solid choice, I like those, power wagon is kind of cool too. I am really digging the form factor of the gladiator. The size and capability are spot on, just wish it was not such a basket case. Not sure if I wanna build a pentastar, V8, or just step into something else.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solid choice, I like those, power wagon is kind of cool too. I am really digging the form factor of the gladiator. The size and capability are spot on, just wish it was not such a basket case. Not sure if I wanna build a pentastar, V8, or just step into something else.
Yeah. I love the look of it, and I love driving it around. But if I ended up stranded on the side of the road, Iā€™d be cursing myself for ignoring all the problematic posts Iā€™ve seen.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put vintage air in a an old chevy 56 that has been updated with 5.0L and 4l80e with some new running gear. Guy has added great entertainments system awesome seats. Has it done up as just a nice daily. I was digging the simplicity and ruggedness.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Well, I sold the Gladiator today. Between not being able to install the supercharger because of newer ECM, and stock engine issues that appear to be showing up, it was time to part ways. The trade in value was pretty nice too.

What a strange turn of events. Probably the first time I bought a new vehicle and got rid of it in less than a year.
traded mine in after 2 years but only 2850 miles. Building it was fun but youā€™re right, the engine is weak. Even with 5.13 gears it wasnā€™t great, certainly better than stock but I knew I either needed to do a hemi swap and all that goes along with it or I was going to be bored. I couldnā€™t justify $35k plus for the swap do it got traded in. Yup trade in was good on it, even as modded as mine was.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I came back to respond with what I purchased. Instead of the TRX or Raptor, I actually picked up a Ford Lightning from out of state. Should be delivered some time next week.

Sponsored

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
They have killer deals right now on the lightning. I am interested on your take on it.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Every Lightning I have see online has been selling well above MSRP.

over on Car an Bid .com they have been selling for 100k+

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid about $3k over MSRP, plus TTL. Expensive, but still under $100k. Itā€™s an extended range Lariat. Max Tow of course. šŸ¤£

Tbanks

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah. I love the look of it, and I love driving it around. But if I ended up stranded on the side of the road, Iā€™d be cursing myself for ignoring all the problematic posts Iā€™ve seen.
I have a Magnuson Supercharger for the past 3 months, no issues, nothing breaking down, Gladiator is running solid and a lot faster then stock.

The post you say about issues are no more than 5-10 ppl out off 207k sold which is not many. You can easily go to any cars forum and see issues on any Jeep, Ford, GM, VW etc. Where else you expect people to complain?

If you Supercharge or Turbo charge Gladiator or Wrangler, just build the motor, the forge parts cost $4k and you can easily pull 600whp with no issues.

If you have money to spend than build the motor its cheap compared to doing a v8. I personally never had issues with my Jeep. Wish you the best of luck finding whatever works for you.

I love my Jeep
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Build enginebay
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Build unnamed (7)

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Go to any car or truck forum. You will read about people having issues with the turbo charges and supercharger installs.
Sponsored