b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Awesome job!

I'm planning to purchase a snorkel soon and have 2 questions.

1. Could you share the template or his FB account? I tried to message him via YT but I couldn't.

2. I'm also comparing RR snorkel vs Ebay one at this moment and it looks exactly same TBH. How's the quality?
To #2, my guess is that they are from the exact same assembly line (i.e. ebay quality is good). The only thing that I changed/improved (not counting changes for making it mojave specific) were adding urethane glue to the inner metal reinforcements at the tube ends ... and I made my own windshield bumper from parts from the hardware aisle at Lowe's (the one that was included was about 1/4 inch too short)

One important note is that the cut-out for the low vs the high snorkel are not the same (at least if you want a tight fit). I cut to the "high" configuration and then ordered a second snorkel and adapted one "high" snorkel into a "low" snorkel so that they require the same cutout and I can run either config (the fact that I was good purchasing the ebay one twice also speaks to the quality)
Sponsored

SK75

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 MB GL450 & 2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Self employed
To #2, my guess is that they are from the exact same assembly line (i.e. ebay quality is good). The only thing that I changed/improved (not counting changes for making it mojave specific) were adding urethane glue to the inner metal reinforcements at the tube ends ... and I made my own windshield bumper from parts from the hardware aisle at Lowe's (the one that was included was about 1/4 inch too short)

One important note is that the cut-out for the low vs the high snorkel are not the same (at least if you want a tight fit). I cut to the "high" configuration and then ordered a second snorkel and adapted one "high" snorkel into a "low" snorkel so that they require the same cutout and I can run either config (the fact that I was good purchasing the ebay one twice also speaks to the quality)
Thank you so much for your detailed info and feedback of the quality!

Will definitely follow your tips!!

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
his Facebook name is the same as his YouTube. You can DM me your address though and I can send you the template for the cost of shipping.

I have no idea the quality of the RR snorkel and honestly I felt better about cutting up a $160 snorkel vs. a $600 one. Way more cutting and fitting than his video shows but, as you can see, turned out great.
My thoughts exactly. My only concern was if it would be missing the inserts to prevent the tubes from collapsing from the heat in the engine bay. Yes they do. Also, some of the silicone work is a bit sloppy but can be taken care of with an exactly. For the price difference, you can’t go wrong. IMO, they come from the same factory. SK75, may need to take you up on your offer for the template🙏🏼

cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Mojave, 20 JLUR, 18 JLUS
For what it's worth, I also emailed RR back in Feb time frame, and was passed between various product managers, suppliers, manufacturers, etc. Tried again last week once I took delivery of my Mojave.... Still a no-go on the Mojave snorkel. They did not seem at all concerned with missing the Mojave market segment (I understand, ROI likely isn't there). It is ironic that the Mojave, branded as it is, has so few options available for a snorkel... and the ones that I have seen posted appear to be prototypes, custom jobs, etc. I can live without it, but just ironic. I wish I had the talent to design/manufacture one. I have the AmFib on my JLUR and JLUS, and love them.

Astephan1284

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave, 2000 TJ Sport
This from another thread that I am contributing to where a guy wants to 3D print a 4xe style cowl for a mojave but didn't know where to start. I don't have a ton of time right now, but I do have a 3D scanner to get the process started. While I am just contributing to the 4xe thread to help another forum member, I am truly interested in making an adapter for the amfib snorkel.

Here is a view of my passenger side cowl scan for reference ... it still needs a little cleanup, but it is definitely a start ... let me know if you want to play with the scan/mesh files

screen print.png
Did you ever clean this scan up? And do you happen to have an STL file of it? I'm thinking I can measure the cut outs for the snorkel and just adjust the file to try and 3D print one for my mojave.

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Did you ever clean this scan up? And do you happen to have an STL file of it? I'm thinking I can measure the cut outs for the snorkel and just adjust the file to try and 3D print one for my mojave.
I did ... and then sent it along to @Fpolanco and @Beemer533 ... I would check with them to see if they cleaned it up further ... of course, I am happy to share, but any updates that they made might save you some work

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I did ... and then sent it along to @Fpolanco and @Beemer533 ... I would check with them to see if they cleaned it up further ... of course, I am happy to share, but any updates that they made might save you some work
I had a couple sources for 3D printing lined up but they all fell through for various reasons 🤬

@Astephan1284 it sounds like you’re able to do 3D printing…that right?

Astephan1284

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave, 2000 TJ Sport
I had a couple sources for 3D printing lined up but they all fell through for various reasons 🤬

@Astephan1284 it sounds like you’re able to do 3D printing…that right?
I can. I’ve got access to several high end printers, including one that prints in carbon fiber cored Filament. Having a file of the cowl that’s cleaned up already would save me quite a bit of time. Having one with the cut outs measured and built into the file already would save me even more.

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I can. I’ve got access to several high end printers, including one that prints in carbon fiber cored Filament. Having a file of the cowl that’s cleaned up already would save me quite a bit of time. Having one with the cut outs measured and built into the file already would save me even more.
DM sent!

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Revival.
ARB Safari on a 22’ Mojave. Its not perfect but it fits and works. The bezel can be bent easily to fit the taller hood. The inner gap is larger than other hoods so Im figuring that out, likely when the weather is warmer.

IMG_4902.jpeg

IMG_4900.jpeg

IMG_4901.jpeg

Sponsored

JeeperFIN

First Name
Jukka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT
Not Mojave, but same hood in the euro-diesel version. Just had to cut the opening differently than in the AEV instructions. Also had to cut off the inner lip of the bezel.
Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave IMG_2784

FL Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Mojave X
Do you know of any forward movement on this? I would love to do it to my Mojave!

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Revival.
ARB Safari on a 22’ Mojave. Its not perfect but it fits and works. The bezel can be bent easily to fit the taller hood. The inner gap is larger than other hoods so Im figuring that out, likely when the weather is warmer.

By "inner gap" do you mean from the hood in to the air box?

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
By "inner gap" do you mean from the hood in to the air box?
No its the gap between the outer hood sheet metal and inner sheet metal. Much larger gap compared to. Rubi or Sport.

IMG_4919.jpeg

IMG_4918.jpeg

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
No its the gap between the outer hood sheet metal and inner sheet metal. Much larger gap compared to. Rubi or Sport.

Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave IMG_4918

Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave IMG_4918
OOOHHHH, thanks. I am guessing some kind of foam seal may work in there. Let us know what you come up with.
Sponsored