Manual Transmission Club

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
Blah. I was just offered a fully loaded (every option) RAM Rebel 12 for 55k out the door. MSRP 65.5K. Man that making me think really hard now especially since I’ve been in D for 30 days now....
Sponsored

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
Just got update from Jeep chat - still in D status. The chat agent advised that it could be in this status for “up to two weeks”. Or even longer based on experience of some here. Ugh... Hopefully this is an assembly strategy to send many MT trucks down the line together, rather than a parts issue on the MT units.
Yesterday's update:
VON: 43834264 VIN: 1C6JJTBGXLL124896
ORDERING CUSTOMER NAME: megamucho
ETA N/A Status: Scheduling Phase (D) 015 days in
We appreciate your patience with us while we launch this exciting new product, at this time I have found your vehicle order status, currently we do not have an estimated time of arrival (ETA) available but I can insure you your vehicle is following the process perfectly and is right on schedule. At this time your vehicle status is as following: Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage.
According to the window sticker/build sheet tracker, we are starting to see some trucks ordered on 5/14 make it thru the line and ready for shipping. So we may start to see some movement with other mid-May orders soon, too. Fingers crossed.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey folks I hate to say it but you all may be waiting a long time for a manual transmission Gladiator to roll off of the production line, same thing for a base Sport model. Don’t know if Jeep does not have all the parts needed together or if they are just trying to crank out the higher dollar trucks. But I don’t recall hearing about anyone getting and stick shifts or any base Sport models. And please forgive me if I am wrong here, could have missed something. But hey I am rooting for both sticks and base model trucks.

Oh and good luck getting Jeep to spell out exact reasons for delays other then giving no explanation replies like shown on this thread string, totally worthless replies.

OP
OP
bangolia

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Hey folks I hate to say it but you all may be waiting a long time for a manual transmission Gladiator to roll off of the production line, same thing for a base Sport model. Don’t know if Jeep does not have all the parts needed together or if they are just trying to crank out the higher dollar trucks. But I don’t recall hearing about anyone getting and stick shifts or any base Sport models. And please forgive me if I am wrong here, could have missed something. But hey I am rooting for both sticks and base model trucks.

Oh and good luck getting Jeep to spell out exact reasons for delays other then giving no explanation replies like shown on this thread string, totally worthless replies.
Only difference between stick and base sport is one has been available to order since day 1 the other is still lot available to order. We are all also in d status which is better than the granite crystal c status.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Explorer Sport Track, 04 Suzuki VL800, 06 Lincoln Zephyr, 16 Jeep Renegade
Hi All, Ordered my Sport S MT on 5/18, received VIN 5/22 and D1 status on 6/4. My dealer says ship date of 6/15. She did stress that the ship date is only an estimate.

Sponsored

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
Hi All, Ordered my Sport S MT on 5/18, received VIN 5/22 and D1 status on 6/4. My dealer says ship date of 6/15. She did stress that the ship date is only an estimate.
MT as in manual transmission or MT as in mud tires?

OP
OP
bangolia

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Just checked. I’m still in d.

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
Ordered my MT on 5/28. Nada

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Ordered a m/t last night 6/6. Had to wait for granite to open. Current status: waiting.

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
I checked just now. Still in D. From the way they talked they are still waiting on parts to arrive?

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @bangolia I have seen and heard of Sport S models being delivered(aluminum wheels) but I don’t recall hearing about any base Sport models(black wheels) being delivered to anyone. Maybe I missed it if someone did get a base Sport. You correctly say that they have been available to order since day one. But as far as the know Jeep has yet to actually build one and ship it out any dealership to sell. And again I suspect that the simple reason is money. I really think they want to just build and sell the high dollar, high profit trucks, and trucks that will sell quicker. Same thing with the manual windows trucks. More money in their back pockets when they sell the slightly more expensive automatic transmission trucks. And they know that more people will buy automatics than manuals so sticks also get put on back burners. My best guesses here.

Only difference between stick and base sport is one has been available to order since day 1 the other is still lot available to order. We are all also in d status which is better than the granite crystal c status.

OP
OP
bangolia

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Hey @bangolia I have seen and heard of Sport S models being delivered(aluminum wheels) but I don’t recall hearing about any base Sport models(black wheels) being delivered to anyone. Maybe I missed it if someone did get a base Sport. You correctly say that they have been available to order since day one. But as far as the know Jeep has yet to actually build one and ship it out any dealership to sell. And again I suspect that the simple reason is money. I really think they want to just build and sell the high dollar, high profit trucks, and trucks that will sell quicker. Same thing with the manual windows trucks. More money in their back pockets when they sell the slightly more expensive automatic transmission trucks. And they know that more people will buy automatics than manuals so sticks also get put on back burners. My best guesses here.
My comparison was to state that base sports have not been available to order however manual transmissions have. If they were not planning on building them any time soon they would put them in c status like the granite folks however we are all in d.

I know none have been built yet I was just saying comparing the order-able manual to the non order-able base sport was an unfair comparison.

Kulahpac

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have a billet silver Rubi coming. Ordered 5/6, got vin on 5/14. Has been in d status since. Hopefully we will see some progress soon.
Sponsored