Sponsored

Didnt get a great deal club

Are you a member of the “Didnt get a great deal” club?

• Total voters
OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I got a good deal with incentives and discounting on the JT, although the trade-in on my '17 Recon was a couple K lower than I think it should have been, based on the Kelley book. As for the "bad deal" part, the only significant cost I would not have ordered was $1295 for Alpine sound, Otherwise, the one I bought "off the lot" was nicely equipped as I wanted.
I find I am really liking having the Alpine system
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
The stereo upgrade is a must for me. A convertible needs the extra juice, and it's too darn hard to integrate aftermarket equipment these days, it seems.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I agree that it is certainly easier, and maybe even cheaper, to get the upgraded sound system from the factory. Not having tried the standard audio, I might have ordered the Alpine if I compared the two. I just tend to order only those options I really want or need. Sometimes I find out later that I should have gotten something else. And, have to admit that the cost of the alpine system is tiny compared to the overall cost of the Gladiator (2.8% in my case).

christmas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
I find I am really liking having the Alpine system
I bought off the lot with 95% of the things I want (color, trim[Mojave], tow package, auto trans, cloth seats) a few things I didn’t think I wanted (alpine system, color match tops & fenders) and now love, missed a few I wanted (aux switches, spray in bed liner). I got a great deal in July with rebates, negotiating, etc however; while the Alpine is great, it also sucks that interior lighting & sound bar make it sound blown out by rattling at 3/4 volume. Wish they’d do something about that if $1,900 or whatever for the upgrade.

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
Pretty sure they forgot to charge me for the RSI Smartcap, so I made out OK.

Sponsored

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
In today's market, if you got what you wanted and didn't pay over MSRP, you did fine.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I bought in late August 2020 when Gobi had been discontinued and there were very few around here. My search was from Mass to maybe Maryland if I remember. I found one 50 miles from my house but it was sold before I could get there ( I’m talking hours) another dealer in my state had one in transit with the exact options I wanted. I went to put a deposit on it before it arrived and found that it was on the truck that had come in the night before. I drove home that day with my new truck-Gobi Sport S, Max Tow off the lot paid about $4k under MSRP and was treated fair on my trade. I feel like they didn’t realize how rare Gobi had become. Considering the circumstances I was happy. In the past I have always bought the “add” car and taken the options it came with because I’m a value shopper(2 Camry’s and a Ram). This was the first time I actually bought exactly what I wanted

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m not great at wheeling and dealing, but did get them to take off the cost of all the dealer add ons, plus give me lifetime oil changes and a couple thousand off the price.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I ordered one and just picked it up this week. Luckily enough one of the dealers doing the amazing deals online is just 45 minute drive for me.

Sticker: $66,285
Negotiated Price: $57,123
Price after FCA rebates: $55,623 (could have gotten another $500 if I financed through Chrysler)

Dmc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I voted I didn’t get a great deal. I traded in my 2017 wrangler with 30,000 miles. But I’m happy.

They gave me just a little better than the sticker prices between the two. So I’m happy as I wouldn’t have done the trade otherwise.

Sponsored

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I paid a few thousand under MSRP OTD (total, after taxes etc, etc) and mine is somewhat low-optioned. Not a “great” deal by comparison to some on here, but I’m content and trade-in was pretty fair.

I think a few thousand more and extra hunting around could have gotten me a lot more Jeep, but I was already at the top of my budget, current vehicle turned sharply into being a money pit (yay, Ford), and timing was just as dealerships started opening back up after Covid started.

Zswickliffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
I'm currently sitting at 1% under MSRP for a 2022. No details on rebates or anything else right now so not an amazing deal but not bad.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
TBD. I'm still waiting on permission from the courts to buy my Jeep. I missed out on factory ordering a '21. The deals aren't so favorable for a '22.

Any advice on wading through all of the local dealers to get to the best deal? Everyone here has either learned from their mistakes or did well. This could be a good place to get advice. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I'll probably be free to shop by the end of the month.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
TBD. I'm still waiting on permission from the courts to buy my Jeep. I missed out on factory ordering a '21. The deals aren't so favorable for a '22.

Any advice on wading through all of the local dealers to get to the best deal? Everyone here has either learned from their mistakes or did well. This could be a good place to get advice. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I'll probably be free to shop by the end of the month.
I learned not to hesitate traveling. I was trying to get a Gator JT in North Carolina (I’m from PA), but their salesperson pretty much ghosted me.

The local dealership where my wife and I have bought/leased 4 cars off of the same person couldn’t give me a price (not even quote the website) in an email so wasted 5 weeks. This was when EVERYTHING was shut down for Covid.

The place near my work didn’t take me seriously, is about the best I can put it. Refused to sell at their listed price, even though that group of dealerships “guarantees” the listed price.

The last place I went was about 1.5 hours away. Walked in and made a deal within an hour. I’ve sent others to that dealership, one of which ended up with a new JLU, but I’ve heard from pretty much all of them that they were great to work with.

I’ll definitely look into Gupton though with my next purchase. I have a hankering for a low-optioned Rubicon, and those seem to be something rare without ordering.
Sponsored