Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like those have aftermarket parts on them. The parts don't justify the high price and there does seem to be a mark up on them. But it's not just a straight mark up though.

For the Wrangler:

For the Gladiator:
I was at Moss Brothers in San Bernardino and they had a red 2021 Rubicon that was stickered at almost the same price as my 2020. It had some modifications that added to the sale price, but I saw no markup at all.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Dealers here selling at MSRP or under on Gladiators. I traded in my 4 door at a massive premium and paid slightly under MSRP for my diesel Gladiator. Ended up working out to be a similar discount to my 4 door (> 10% below MSRP) when I got it in early '19.

We have quite a bit of inventory of Gladiator's here in the valley, though most seem to not be Rubicons.

https://www.airparkdodgechryslerjeep.com/new-inventory/index.htm?make=Jeep&model=Gladiator

Could probably walk in and get $5k under on those. FCA shut down Gladiator production temporarily to keep up with Wrangler demand (as much as possible) because there's not an inventory shortage there.

Certainly not a far drive from CA.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
dealers are such god damn pukes in this manner. capitalism???? greed???? or excess???? no I'm not a commie but where do we say that's over the top??? the dealer model is broken. ill fly/ travel to buy. i bought from dave smith last round because a local dealer whom i bought 3 vehicles through breached our relation ship 2x over/ those are another story. i forsake local and will buy far just because that's the way they like it. ill fly and drive. time is money but in this manner but just for my needy jerk local friends---> ill fly, drive and show them F_->>>=U. I'm old schoold- I demand customer service and after the sale relationship but if you can't then.......
to any of the dealers who read this....
that's right. touch me.....

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dealers are such god damn pukes in this manner. capitalism???? greed???? or excess???? no I'm not a commie but where do we say that's over the top??? the dealer model is broken. ill fly/ travel to buy. i bought from dave smith last round because a local dealer whom i bought 3 vehicles through breached our relation ship 2x over/ those are another story. i forsake local and will buy far just because that's the way they like it. ill fly and drive. time is money but in this manner but just for my needy jerk local friends---> ill fly, drive and show them F_->>>=U. I'm old schoold- I demand customer service and after the sale relationship but if you can't then.......
to any of the dealers who read this....
that's right. touch me.....
I don't think the dealer model is necessarily broken (though who knows how long it'll be around) -- there's good dealerships out there that do well. I doubt FCA does a great job managing their dealer network, so that's probably some of the issue as well.

I also travel for a deal, though.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The bay area in California has a lot of jeeps with a $5000 mark up
San leandro quoted as saying "techies pay 20k over the top" i said ok good. ill pass this along. ill move along. ill ignore you... i don't support that type of greed.......
they keep calling... leave message here lol

Sponsored

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
San leandro quoted as saying "techies pay 20k over the top" i said ok good. ill pass this along. ill move along. ill ignore you... i don't support that type of greed.......
they keep calling... leave message here lol
yea fuck those guys they fucked me big time on a 335d bmw i bought there. CEL came on the next day and i had to get a lawyer to fix it. When they did something else broke and they said nope.... but it was the def smog and CA forced them to do it. Never gonna give them my money ever again. The owner is a fat slob of a prick too!! I was glad when I heard BLM fucked up there cars in the lot. And I HATE BLM.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Go bitch at the folks getting free rent and not working, or working and still getting free rent.
Don't even get me started on this one...

And, "Market Adjustments," aren't anything new. I looked at a 1996 Mustang Cobra with the Chameleon paint (the first of its kind for a production car, I believe,) and the dealer had it marked up $30K (keep in mind the MSRP was about that same $30K.) I flat out told the salesman they were nuts. He said they'd have no trouble selling it at that price, and he was right.
A few years later, another dealer had a 2004 Ford GT, with an MSRP of $140K, and a dealer sticker of $225. They sold it for that.
Now, admittedly these are rare examples, but someone will want it bad enough, and will pay outrageous dealer pricing.

Kevin

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
yea fuck those guys they fucked me big time on a 335d bmw i bought there. CEL came on the next day and i had to get a lawyer to fix it. When they did something else broke and they said nope.... but it was the def smog and CA forced them to do it. Never gonna give them my money ever again. The owner is a fat slob of a prick too!! I was glad when I heard BLM fucked up there cars in the lot. And I HATE BLM.
Yea I’m turned off to them. Told them I don’t do biz like that and because the techies pay cash and 20k over doesn’t mean I will. Such pukes- agreed

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Who are the "techies"?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Free market… if people are willing to pay it they will keep doing it.
Exactly. There are always people out there who have more money than sense. I would say it must be nice, but...

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
It's gonna get much worse - see/hear this article:
Manufacturing in China is being impacted, and we all know all the crap they make for us...

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Thankfully here in the Sacramento area at the four jeep dealers around here not seeing this practice yet

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Thankfully here in the Sacramento area at the four jeep dealers around here not seeing this practice yet
yet is the keyword you already have our traffic....

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
In my area months ago it was between 6k to up to 17k over sticker price. Ive noticed a lot of people seem to defend this price gauging as free market on forums and youtube. But like i said when people start gauging and "marking up" things like food and water... it will be hard to defend it it then.
Sponsored