Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Sport S Max tow because we are going to tow, wanted a mid sized truck, needed the best payload and wanted to be able to tow off the beaten path and well love Jeeps!!! The Max Tow fit the bill.

Every single Gladiator has its inherent purpose and then we mod them the way we want. That is what makes Jeeps great. If I wanted an offroad speedsterā€¦Mohave (beautiful lines)ā€¦.comfortable on roadā€¦High Altitude (yummy interior)ā€¦..go over the boulder and through the tubā€¦.Rubicon (loves staring at the sky going up).ā€¦.like arm exercises and feeling like you are in touch with Jeeps origins?ā€¦base Sport, and so on.

We are all here because we love our Gladiatorsā€¦.
Jeep Gladiator Max tow max tow max tow. clap
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This. This is what I meant by they look good at the mall! Especially parked next to Broncos ;)
My dealer alluded to learning that the Rubicon sells in large part because of the name, and the hood and graphics. Oh, well - at least they are selling and helping to keep Jeep ALIVE in this era of - well, won't go there.
And even though for me, this white one would be a waste of $$ (to me PERSONALLY) I absolutely appreciate it, and who-ever the owner/driver was, another thank you for making my day with the duck. Thanks. And even though I passed on buying one like this - I love the looks and appreciate them.

Anyway, these are actually DIY/home center crawlers. The proof is here - this is the Altoona Menards parking lot. You see a lot of Jeeps at Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, etc. - does that tell you anything? Think about it.

Jeep Gladiator Max tow max tow max tow. ducked-3

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator, 2010 Power Wagon, 1958 Willys p/u
Agreed. So do I. Iā€™m not arguing about itā€™s validity at all. All trim levels and models work very well for what theyā€™re designed for. I will only argue the dollars argument. I shouldnā€™t have though. Iā€™m also not a huge fan of the people that say rubicons are a waste of money. It has options most people shouldnā€™t pay for, but thatā€™s not the same thing.
That's great that you like your Rubicon. My original point is you came into this thread about Max Tow JT's and laid a big turd. I'm very happy that you have stated that other packages work well for other people.

I must correct you on one thing you previously posted since I'm staring this shit show again. Rubicon springs/shocks are not taller than other JT models. The only reason a Rubicon is taller than a sport or Willys is due to tire size. Rubicons also have different fenders that allow for more clearance. Rubicons do not have a factory "lift" .

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s exactly the same as a rubicon, minus rock rails, bed rails, motorized swaybar disconnect, front and rear lockers, off road plus mode, functional hood vents, springs and fox shocks that add approximately 2ā€ lift higher than a sport, 4:1 low range transfer case, steel under bumper skid plate, and a steel rear bumper with two recovery hooks. Please show me any way to buy all of that aftermarket, for less than the price difference between a max tow sport and a rubicon. The numbers just donā€™t work.

Keep in mind, not everyone needs or will use rubicon features, but the financial argument doesnā€™t work. If I didnā€™t use those features theyā€™d be a waste of money, but I do. I would have spent way more building a sport s max tow to where my rubicon is now. Way more.
Just the difference in tire size.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That's great that you like your Rubicon. My original point is you came into this thread about Max Tow JT's and laid a big turd. I'm very happy that you have stated that other packages work well for other people.

I must correct you on one thing you previously posted since I'm staring this shit show again. Rubicon springs/shocks are not taller than other JT models. The only reason a Rubicon is taller than a sport or Willys is due to tire size. Rubicons also have different fenders that allow for more clearance. Rubicons do not have a factory "lift" .
The logic in me tells me not to engage you anymore. Unfortunately, the rest of me won. Please explain to me how people take rubicon take-off suspension, put it on a sport or overland, and end up with approximately 2ā€ of lift. If it were just tires, that would not happen.

And to be clear, I did not enter a max tow thread and drop anything. I responded to those that claim you can build a rubicon from a max tow for less money. You continue to disagree, but have failed to produce any substantiating evidence to prove your theory. What did you pay for your max tow, and what model year is it? Mine is a ā€˜21 and I paid 52k.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Uh, no, Rubicon does sit higher. My dealer even told me there was a good 1" difference.
I put the lightest Rubicon springs under mine and gained 1". Others have gained that much or more.
The tires are only .6" total diameter than those of an Overland, and that means the tires make .3" difference in vehicle height.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Actually, they do. My dealer went to advanced training when these first came out and pointed out the height difference. He said there was about 1"
Gee, I confirmed that with a spring swap.

Tires aren't that much different - and even if there was a full 1" difference, that's diameter, meaning there would be a whopping .5" gain from the tires.
The springs from Rubicon will lift other Gladiators (except the Mojave)

This has been discussed here for years.

Many of us have used Rubicon springs to lift our other versions of Gladiator.

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, they do. My dealer went to advanced training when these first came out and pointed out the height difference. He said there was about 1"
Gee, I confirmed that with a spring swap.

Tires aren't that much different - and even if there was a full 1" difference, that's diameter, meaning there would be a whopping .5" gain from the tires.
The springs from Rubicon will lift other Gladiators (except the Mojave)

This has been discussed here for years.

Many of us have used Rubicon springs to lift our other versions of Gladiator.
There is thread after thread on this forum and other information on the web that says otherwise.

https://vehq.com/does-jeep-gladiato...on is not,the equipment manufacturer for Jeep.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mopar-lift-confusion.25658/

Thread where you say the same thing in 2019 and others disagree.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-installing-rubicon-suspension-get-you.25432/

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The logic in me tells me not to engage you anymore. Unfortunately, the rest of me won. Please explain to me how people take rubicon take-off suspension, put it on a sport or overland, and end up with approximately 2ā€ of lift. If it were just tires, that would not happen.

And to be clear, I did not enter a max tow thread and drop anything. I responded to those that claim you can build a rubicon from a max tow for less money. You continue to disagree, but have failed to produce any substantiating evidence to prove your theory. What did you pay for your max tow, and what model year is it? Mine is a ā€˜21 and I paid 52k.

What added options does your Rubicon have?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer went to class on Gladiator,
I've learned a lot about these trucks over the last 2.5 years........ largely by experimenting, some by research.

Putting Rubicon springs under other levels raises the truck anywhere from "about an inch" to over an inch, depending on the truck and the springs.
That's an indisputable fact.

Sport tire diameter is 31.5"
Overland tire diameter is 32.2
Rubicon tire diameter is 32.8
Sport to Rubicon tire diameter difference is 1.3"
That means the tire would make the truck sit .6" higher. Just over 1/2" higher.

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer went to class on Gladiator,
I've learned a lot about these trucks over the last 2.5 years........ largely by experimenting, some by research.

Putting Rubicon springs under other levels raises the truck anywhere from "about an inch" to over an inch, depending on the truck and the springs.
That's an indisputable fact.

Sport tire diameter is 31.5"
Overland tire diameter is 32.2
Rubicon tire diameter is 32.8
Sport to Rubicon tire diameter difference is 1.3"
That means the tire would make the truck sit .6" higher. Just over 1/2" higher.
Max Tow spring is the same height as a Rubicon spring. Max Tow spring is stiffer due to what it's designed for where the Rubicon spring is softer.

Since this is a Max Tow thread I also must mention that the Max Tow package RULES.

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sport S with Max Tow and Hard Top, 8 speed Auto: $47,555.00
Rubicon with Tow Package and Hard Top, 8 Speed Auto: $55,540.00

Both come with power windows/locks and remote start/keyless entry, 4:10 gears with wide axles.

Rubicon has bigger touch screen display with Nav. Rubicon has disconnecting sway bar, metal rear bumper, different hood, red dash, and front/rear lockers, different fenders, rock rails, and different t-case, 33 inch tires.

Sport S has Max Tow package with limited slip rear diff.

Difference $7985.00

Rock Rails: $1000.00
33 inch tires: $1200.00, sell factory tires for $300 for $900.00 difference.
Front Air Locker: $2000.00
Sway Bar disconnects: $150.00
Other options on Rubicon (Do Not Need).

$4,050.00 in upgrades for a net total of $3935.00 savings and I can tow more and haul more.

For what I needed the Max Tow was the perfect choice.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sport S with Max Tow and Hard Top, 8 speed Auto: $47,555.00
Rubicon with Tow Package and Hard Top, 8 Speed Auto: $55,540.00

Both come with power windows/locks and remote start/keyless entry, 4:10 gears with wide axles.

Rubicon has bigger touch screen display with Nav. Rubicon has disconnecting sway bar, metal rear bumper, different hood, red dash, and front/rear lockers, different fenders, rock rails, and different t-case, 33 inch tires.

Sport S has Max Tow package with limited slip rear diff.

Difference $7985.00

Rock Rails: $1000.00
33 inch tires: $1200.00, sell factory tires for $300 for $900.00 difference.
Front Air Locker: $2000.00
Sway Bar disconnects: $150.00
Other options on Rubicon (Do Not Need).

$4,050.00 in upgrades for a net total of $3935.00 savings and I can tow more and haul more.

For what I needed the Max Tow was the perfect choice.
You can tow 650lbs more, and youā€™re still ignoring the fact that youā€™ve not gotten to apples to apples after upgrades. You even admitted it. Just stop. I already said you can get what YOU want, but you canā€™t get lockers, motorized sway bar disconnect, and the 4:1 low range. Youā€™d be so far past the rubicon price, itā€™s comical.
Sponsored