Max tow max tow max tow.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
8. Don't wave at female Wrangler/Gladiator drivers, they apparently don't like us guys waving at them and rarely return them :P
I have found that almost no jeep owners wave back at least 99% of all the one's I have encountered and that is both male and female. Granted its 99% all Wranglers, Sahara's, etc and a few JT here and there

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I have found that almost no jeep owners wave back at least 99% of all the one's I have encountered and that is both male and female. Granted its 99% all Wranglers, Sahara's, etc and a few JT here and there
its hit an miss for sure.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
8. Don't wave at female Wrangler/Gladiator drivers, they apparently don't like us guys waving at them and rarely return them :P
I think it's also very regional.
My daughter has a friend with an Wrangler, and they're in Dallas. They get & give waves all the time.
Up here in the PNW, I just got deer-in-the-headlight looks when I waved, so I stopped waving.

Kevin

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Most wave at me. I know not everyone pays attention and that's cool, but some of the Wrangler guys are the stuck up Jeep people who think we don't have "real" Jeeps. Those people are also idiots. I've had my share of not seeing someone or seeing too late but there are others I see on a regular basis that just won't wave back.

Just like there are Jeep Bros there are also Jeep Girls who just like it for the image and know nothing about it (or again, are just snobs) that don't wave and it's annoying. My non-waves are disproportionately from women. The funny thing almost anyone in an old Wrangler-esque vehicle (CJ on up) just about always wave and are very friendly, usually they're older too.

Wranglers and older Jeeps get a wave from me, but JTs got a crazy dude trying to flag you down sort of wave out of the window (weather permitting) and maybe a little honk or two.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Since we are discussing not understanding trim levels (mentioning trim level) why the Mojave? No; front locker, No 4:10’s, No 4:1 t-case, and No sway bar dc with a similar price tag to the Rubicon.

The package seems worthless to me because you have fancy shocks and desert running reinforcements, but no power to bomb the desert. When the Mojave gets a Hemi... well then that would make more sense to me. The Raptor has the power and even the width for a factory dune bomber. The Mojave needs some power.

I have a Max Tow... Shrug 😂

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Bought mine at 43k. Manual, soft top, 7" radio. Just about base spec for a rubi with only the tow pack and premium soft top as upgrades. And I got it exactly the way I wanted it
Paid $37,000 out the door for my Sport Max Tow with Hard top, tinted windows, spray in bedlined. That's a good deal on a Rubi, but I didn't want power windows or power locks on mine, just the basics. You would be surprised how much less the doors weigh without those two options and how much you don't miss them when you don't have them. If I could of got it without AC I would of did that as well. Rode around in my JKU for 55,000 miles without AC and it wasn't working when I sold it, and I never missed it honestly.

Last edited:

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I probably have one of the most expensive Max Tow's here $49,716.00 but i still owed 20k on a 2017 Renegade Deserthawk and the dealer gave me 17k for it so I had to slap the balance onto my Gladiator. I don't regret it one bit, well except the proximity entry I had on the Deserthawk.

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Paid $37,000 out the door for my Sport Max Tow with Hard top, tinted windows, spray in bedlined. That's a good deal on a Rubi, but I didn't want power windows or power locks on mine, just the basics. You would be surprised how much less the doors weigh without those two options and how much you don't miss them when you don't have them. If I could of got it without AC I would of did that as well. Rode around in my JKU for 55,000 miles without AC and it wasn't working when I sold it, and I never missed it honestly.
Glad that works for you! I rode around in NC without air conditioning for years and hated it (born in Concord, only a few miles down the road from you). I don't mind manual windows or locks on a 2 door but with 4 I want to roll them all down. I also specifically wanted the soft top - lived with a hard top TJ for a while and only took it off twice due to size, weight, and not having the space to put it. Also those NC summer showers come out of nowhere and I did not want to be caught out without it on a new vehicle especially.

Plus my wife is not going to live without at least the basic comforts, and I'm okay with that. "base spec" on a rubicon is a bit more optioned than a base sport and getting all the features I wanted in a sport would have been a bit cheaper but I knew from past experience I wanted the 4.10s and the only way to get that with the manual was in a rubi. All told I'm very happy with the truck and would not have gotten it another way. There are things that are nice to have but not necessary, basically everything I didn't get on mine.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
But it does make a difference. If you are talking about exceleration or MPG because of different ratio and it has different springs and wider axle which effect ride/handling.
Acceleration and affect.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I probably have one of the most expensive Max Tow's here $49,716.00 but i still owed 20k on a 2017 Renegade Deserthawk and the dealer gave me 17k for it so I had to slap the balance onto my Gladiator. I don't regret it one bit, well except the proximity entry I had on the Deserthawk.
I would say you beat me, but not with the 3k added from your Wrangler. Mine was 48,245. It is safety loaded. About the only big thing I didn't get was stereo upgrade.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Since we are discussing not understanding trim levels (mentioning trim level) why the Mojave? No; front locker, No 4:10’s, No 4:1 t-case, and No sway bar dc with a similar price tag to the Rubicon.
Because not everyone needs or wants 4.10 or 4:1 or disconnect. Some do want the high-performance shocks.

Now as to front locker, you got me there.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Glad that works for you! I rode around in NC without air conditioning for years and hated it (born in Concord, only a few miles down the road from you). I don't mind manual windows or locks on a 2 door but with 4 I want to roll them all down. I also specifically wanted the soft top - lived with a hard top TJ for a while and only took it off twice due to size, weight, and not having the space to put it. Also those NC summer showers come out of nowhere and I did not want to be caught out without it on a new vehicle especially.

Plus my wife is not going to live without at least the basic comforts, and I'm okay with that. "base spec" on a rubicon is a bit more optioned than a base sport and getting all the features I wanted in a sport would have been a bit cheaper but I knew from past experience I wanted the 4.10s and the only way to get that with the manual was in a rubi. All told I'm very happy with the truck and would not have gotten it another way. There are things that are nice to have but not necessary, basically everything I didn't get on mine.
That's why my wife has her own car and I got mine. She hardly ever got in my old jeep and I was good with that. I kept the doors and top off most of time from may to November anyways. I had a few soft tops over the 7yrs I owned and everyone of them leaked eventually so I figured I'd get the hardtop on this one, especially after I had it off at the dealership in less than 10 minutes by myself. The hardtop on these are so easy to remove that it didn't make since to just get the soft top. I got a soft top as well but it's in the garage in the box and probably will never see the top of my JT. When I would remove my soft top on my JKU the whole thing was removed, I just don't like the flipped back soft top look, I want as much exposure as I can get.

As far as rolling down the windows, I've never been a fan of riding around with the windows down, that's why there has always been a convertible or jeep in my driveway. The wife has a BMW 440i Hardtop convertible I drive occasionally and the hardtop is down when I'm in it, even in the winter time.
Sponsored

Last edited: