Sponsored

Max Tow Package

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well sorry again, the dealer built the truck with all add ons including hd wide axles, 411 gears with trac lock diff, heavy-duty cooling, the bigger alternator, wider color matched fender flares, and a class iv hitch and the allterrain tires. so same build specs as this below statement from Chrysler on there max tow write up. didn't check my door sticker and i wasn't given a window sticker as it was a demo unit. the dealer also told me and it was written on the final sales sheet with max tow. i also seen an online copy of the original build sheet with all the listed upgrades. so maybe it has regular tow packaged with all the same upgrades as the max tow and that's why it was on the sales sheet and they told me it had it.

What Is the Gladiator Max Trailer Tow Package?
When upgrading a Gladiator’s towing potential, the first choice should be the Trailer-Tow Package, which adds a Class IV receiver, a 240-amp alternator, heavy-duty engine cooling, and trailer-hitch zoom for the rearview camera. Without this package or an equivalent, the vehicle isn’t prepared to tow anything. From there, to raise the towing potential, the Max Trailer Tow Package builds from everything in Trailer Tow by adding all-terrain tires, a Trac-Lok limited-slip differential, wider fender flares, and a 4.1:1 axle ratio.
Not trying to be rude, but you are sniffing your own farts and convincing yourself that they smell great.

You are not the first buyer that went into a deal with incomplete knowledge information thinking they bought "X" but came out owning "Y". I have been there myself in my younger days and it becomes a teaching moment if you are smart.

Nor do you have some super duper special custom one off unicorn that either the dealer built or left the factory the way you think it does. 99.999% of the time, the build sheet of a vehicle is gospel and for that 0.001% it is usually interior or exterior trim mistakes and never a drivetrain one.

It is hard sometimes to come to the realization of actual reality. Doubling down like you are is doing you no favors.
Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
sorry, I have a diesel gladiator with max tow package. 2022 overland high altitude edition, with heavy-duty cooling and the wide hd axles. so yes its available with max tow does it get hot I haven't tried it yet but will. being pro active i am changing out coolant for water wetter which worked on my old 5.9l grand Cherokee for a hot run issue As well. i have installed a Rubicon hood and am adding the s&b hood scoops to help bring in cooler air with custom plumbing to the turbo to help with the heat soak issue.
I see your profile says you own a high altitude trim model Gladiator. You do know that a High Altitude automatically comes with body colored flares? You can't get black flares. It also comes with the HD wide axles STANDARD and the Trac Lok is an available option.

But you for sure DO NOT and CAN NOT have 4:11 gears with a Diesel. 3:73"s are all you can get. You would over rev that Diesel in a heartbeat if you had 4:11's

So your dealer didn't add anything to your build. It all came standard or was an option from the factory.
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Package 1695947661009

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I see your profile says you own a high altitude trim model Gladiator. You do know that a High Altitude automatically comes with body colored flares? You can't get black flares. It also comes with the HD wide axles STANDARD and the Trac Lok is an available option.

But you for sure DO NOT and CAN NOT have 4:11 gears with a Diesel. 3:73"s are all you can get. You would over rev that Diesel in a heartbeat if you had 4:11's

So your dealer didn't add anything to your build. It all came standard or was an option from the factory.
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Package 1695947661009
At one time the high altitude came with the max tow package, but never with the diesel engine.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
At one time the high altitude came with the max tow package, but never with the diesel engine.
Can't be max tow. That requires smaller tires and the 4.10 ratio.
High Altitude is an Overland with a special trim package, larger wheels and the wide axles.
It's going to be heavier than a sport and have the wrong gear ratio.
Would love to see any FCA documentation showing max tow as an option on the HA since it's an Overland at heart. They'd have to downgrade to smaller tires and go to 4.10 gears and have the stiffer springs and so on.

joybulb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
and have the stiffer springs and so on.
where do they list stiffer springs for MT? I’ve suspected different springs because of pictures of max tow glads vs non-max tow, and how much the “non-max tows” sag, when hooked to a trailer

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
where do they list stiffer springs for MT? I’ve suspected different springs because of pictures of max tow glads vs non-max tow, and how much the “non-max tows” sag, when hooked to a trailer
I dont think they ever actually listed the stiffer springs. I know we all sorta figured it out on the forum by comparing the actual spring part numbers. But my memory could be way off 🤷‍♂️

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I put max tow rear springs under the rear of my 2020 Overland. The max tow springs were much shorter than the Overland springs yet when the weight of the truck was on them, it sat about the same height. That means they have a higher spring rate than Overland springs, and are said to be dual rate springs.
They won't list them that way because each version of the JT has different springs, and even among, say, Rubicon or Overland, there are multiple spring numbers for each - I know of at least 3 different part numbers for JT Rubicon springs and my 2022 Overland came with different springs than my 2020 had under it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think they ever actually listed the stiffer springs. I know we all sorta figured it out on the forum by comparing the actual spring part numbers. But my memory could be way off 🤷‍♂️
Part numbers, yes, but also spring coil numbers, wire size, coil spacing and so on.
The max tow springs have a higher rate than typical Overland springs, just as a personal example. Overland rear springs are longer and yet the truck sat the same height with max tow springs under it as it did with the stock Overland springs. So the max tow springs have to have a higher rate than Overland springs or the truck would have compressed those MT springs as much as it did the Overland springs.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Part numbers, yes, but also spring coil numbers, wire size, coil spacing and so on.
The max tow springs have a higher rate than typical Overland springs, just as a personal example. Overland rear springs are longer and yet the truck sat the same height with max tow springs under it as it did with the stock Overland springs. So the max tow springs have to have a higher rate than Overland springs or the truck would have compressed those MT springs as much as it did the Overland springs.
This actually takes me back to a question I dont think we ever figured out as a group. Of the spring #s that come on the max tow..is one set stiffer than the rest? Not en experiment im willing to do at the moment as im still in the middle of this silly grill one, but Id be curious about it.

Dick

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Juliet Tango Romeo
Occupation
Living rent free in Bill's head
Your dealer is FULL OF SHIT! PERIOD, end of story.
You CAN NOT BUILD A MAX TOW.
You could sue the dealer over that load of CRAP.

Max tow is SPORT.
Your vehicle is too heavy, and the payload won't match, you will be towing and hauling way over legal limits and could be sued yourself if in an accident.
That dealer took you for a ride.

Gee, if I put Rubicon axles under my truck I'll have a MAX TOW! Yippee! I have the other stuff- big alternator, heavy-duty cooling and such.

Seriously, he should sue that dealership and complain to FCA big time. He could soak them so badly over being told it's max tow.
For one thing, the MaxTow has much smaller tires than what he's got - that right there negates the towing thing. Max tow has 32" tires (actually a bit under if I am correct??)
So if he's got Overland or larger tires on that truck, that takes away right there.
Small, skinnier tires on the max tow.

That other stuff he quoted -

That's marketing BS. That's it. Marketing crap.
Taken for a ride by a dealer.
Lighten up, Francis. :)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lighten up, Francis. :)
Yeah, I could be depriving the world of another over-heated, derated, sitting by the road diesel, or depriving the world of another one of those cool epic fail towing videos.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Wow! Nothing gets this forum wound up faster than a bogus or blatantly false big toe, I mean max tow comment. I suspect a troll in our midst…

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The wide axels are also an option on the high altitude
You are referencing a very old post from 3 1/4 years ago, before the High Altitude was even on the order screens. He had no way of knowing the HA was coming or what it would have.

Not an option but standard, on the High Altitude.
The HA is a fancied up Overland with the wider axles (and painted bumpers and neat seats and other stuff)
Came close to getting one myself but couldn't make budget with it.

msmorales150

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
You are referencing a very old post from 3 1/4 years ago, before the High Altitude was even on the order screens. He had no way of knowing the HA was coming or what it would have.

Not an option but standard, on the High Altitude.
The HA is a fancied up Overland with the wider axles (and painted bumpers and neat seats and other stuff)
Came close to getting one myself but couldn't make budget with it.
Ahh …good to know, thank you!
Sponsored