Sponsored

Overland without Max Tow Package - Lift? Spacers?

OP
OP
WarRaveyn

WarRaveyn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Operations Manager
I dont tow anything, but I do live in Colorado Springs and like going up in the mountains and want to go on trails. Its also my daily driver. That being the case, what tire do you recommend I go with? I hate the look of the stock highway tires. I want to buy new wheels and tires and do a 2" lift and have the truck look good.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I dont tow anything, but I do live in Colorado Springs and like going up in the mountains and want to go on trails. Its also my daily driver. That being the case, what tire do you recommend I go with? I hate the look of the stock highway tires. I want to buy new wheels and tires and do a 2" lift and have the truck look good.
At altitude and hitting long highway grades +5% you're going to really notice it. On the trails is fine, it may be getting TO the trails that may give you issues. Only you know the highways you drive though. It's possible to live in CO and never really hit long hills on the highway I suppose, depends where you go. And then depends how often you do it. But you will absolutely notice it for sure if you do.

tfranks

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Really like the look of Pescado's truck above but if you have Colorado air and you want to make sure you don't get dusted by Prius drivers....consider my look. No lift, 33 x 12.5 x 18 KO2's or similar and no issues hussling along....
Jeep.jpg
Looks great! How much did those tires cost? Did you get one for the spare as well?

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
Looks great! How much did those tires cost? Did you get one for the spare as well?
Actually I didn't buy the tires - the original owner did. I went to the dealer to buy a new JT but bought this one with 3500 miles put on by the dealer owner. MSRP was $56k and she has about $4k + in parts on her...I paid $39.5k when the used car market was depressed. Checked carfax and the dealer records and she was clean & no lemon issues. No issues at all so far. We also have a dealer loaner BMW X2 that stickered at $45k that was 7 months old/7000 miles and paid $29k for. Came with the balance of the four year BMW warranty plus a year of CPO. Okay - I can quit bragging now :)
Sponsored