First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
The consensus seems to be that there may be some improvement on the way the gladiators handle weight in the back with the max tow suspension versus the stock Rubicon suspension. Has anyone swapped the max tow springs in for their Rubi Springs? Did it help?
Really disappointed with the way mine settles with just a 2000lb tear drop on the back.
(intech pursue)
Sponsored

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
Giving the a super bump from ancient history in hopes that someone has some serious mileage with this swap and can comment. I got here from searching. Although there are 6 million threads on this topic....There seems to only be mild consensus that swapping Max Tow in place of the Rubi springs will reduce much squat. what say you?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Giving the a super bump from ancient history in hopes that someone has some serious mileage with this swap and can comment. I got here from searching. Although there are 6 million threads on this topic....There seems to only be mild consensus that swapping Max Tow in place of the Rubi springs will reduce much squat. what say you?
Max tow springs may drop the rear a bit. Rubicon springs generally lift a JT like an Overland by 1"
I put max tow springs under my Overland and it didn't change the height at all. So if Rubicon springs could lift my truck by 1", and max tow springs made no difference in height, I'd expect max tow springs to possibly drop the rear of a Rubicon by a bit.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I put Max Tow rear springs on my Mojave as suggested by Chris (White Rabbit) they gave the rear a little more stiffness, but were shorter so I put in a Icon, aluminum 1 3/8” spacer as the springs were compressed a little by my RSI cap, I am very pleased with how it rides, still a smooth ride. Chris said without the little bit of weight it was much harsher ride. I tow a small 4100 pound camper and it handles great…..Jack

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I put Max Tow rear springs on my Mojave as suggested by Chris (White Rabbit) they gave the rear a little more stiffness, but were shorter so I put in a Icon, aluminum 1 3/8” spacer as the springs were compressed a little by my RSI cap, I am very pleased with how it rides, still a smooth ride. Chris said without the little bit of weight it was much harsher ride. I tow a small 4100 pound camper and it handles great…..Jack
Interesting - I didn't realize there were different spacer options. And yes, the max tow springs aren't a cushy ride, but not bad, either. And when I had 1,000 pounds in the back of my truck it rode great on those springs.
But - they would be shorter under Mojave and I'd bet Rubicon as well.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have a Max Tow and only replaced the front springs and added Teraflex spacers. Unfortunately, I leveled it out a little too well so that anything heavy in the back still sagged. I've upgraded to a new coil lift since then, but sside from getting too aggressive with the spacers, I was satisfied with the result.
Sponsored