Max wheel offset

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I know this has been touched on, on here. But what is the general consensus for max wheel offset while keeping the tire inside the fenders (disregarding wheel width it'll be 8.0-8.5). I'm going to be running the 10.5 kendas on a max tow.
Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
Not to sound snarky, but you can figure this out yourself. Use this calculator (http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp) to understand the dimension changes (from your current wheel and tire combo to the new one [where you can "play" with the offset number]), and take some measurements of your truck.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Not to sound snarky, but you can figure this out yourself. Use this calculator (http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp) to understand the dimension changes (from your current wheel and tire combo to the new one [where you can "play" with the offset number]), and take some measurements of your truck.
Great thanks... Waiting on delivery of the truck and gathering parts so have nothing to measure, just wondering if anyone knew off hand.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I much prefer this calculator https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Stock is 245/70r17 on a +44mm offset wheel.

So you can plug in the specs your looking for & figure out what the difference from stock is. It doesnt take wheel width into account like the above calculator does, but its got a much easier interface & a easy to understand picture.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I much prefer this calculator https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Stock is 245/70r17 on a +44mm offset wheel.

So you can plug in the specs your looking for & figure out what the difference from stock is. It doesnt take wheel width into account like the above calculator does, but its got a much easier interface & a easy to understand picture.
I've used that one before definitely a good tool

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've used that one before definitely a good tool
Oh and to actually answer your question +30mm would probably be about the sweet spot. =" wider then stock & stock is a good little bit back inside the fender. For reference mine below is a 0 offset on a 12.7" wide tire (per BFG specs for 315/70r17 ko2's) & its still not sticking out a ridiculous amount. Though it is a bit farther then i'd prefer. But with your much narrower tire even with a 0 offset you would be an inch farther in then I am.

I ordered my wheels & tires online & to do over again I would of probably done the same tire's on a positive 30 offset wheel. I would like a narrower tire too, but honestly I don't dig kenda's. Only ever had then on my bikes & never was impressed.

Jeep Gladiator Max wheel offset IMG_0517
Jeep Gladiator Max wheel offset IMG_0518

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Oh and to actually answer your question +30mm would probably be about the sweet spot. =" wider then stock & stock is a good little bit back inside the fender. For reference mine below is a 0 offset on a 12.7" wide tire (per BFG specs for 315/70r17 ko2's) & its still not sticking out a ridiculous amount. Though it is a bit farther then i'd prefer. But with your much narrower tire even with a 0 offset you would be an inch farther in then I am.

I ordered my wheels & tires online & to do over again I would of probably done the same tire's on a positive 30 offset wheel. I would like a narrower tire too, but honestly I don't dig kenda's. Only ever had then on my bikes & never was impressed.

Looks good like the ko2's. I've always had the nitto ridge grapplers on previous trucks but tough to justify how steep the price is getting for them. I was looking at the black rhino overland wheels which have the +30 offset. I got the base sport with the black wheels I might even just mount them on those for a while. I had a beautiful 2nd gen ram that had the lower doors and rockers shredded from tires sticking out to far after a long hunting season and don't want that to happen again.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good like the ko2's. I've always had the nitto ridge grapplers on previous trucks but tough to justify how steep the price is getting for them. I was looking at the black rhino overland wheels which have the +30 offset. I got the base sport with the black wheels I might even just mount them on those for a while. I had a beautiful 2nd gen ram that had the lower doors and rockers shredded from tires sticking out to far after a long hunting season and don't want that to happen again.
I almost got the Nitto's, but the price was close enough to the KO2's that I just got the little better tires.

The Black Rhino Overland's are nice, what I would get if I could do it again though are the Black Rhino Barstow's. I tried really hard to change my order before they shipped, but customofsetts is very slow to respond to emails so they finally tried 5 days after I requested it & they had already shipped. I am not unhappy with what I got, but I would of preferred something a little different. I got my truck on a friday night & had the wheels/tires ordered saturday so I was impatient & now I get to pay the price for it for a while.
Sponsored