Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
A review of the instructions indicates that the heat shield will wrap around the exhaust pipe between the muffler and the cat.

My VIAIR pumps are about 10" long, they will fit side by side in the cradle, and they utilize the majority of the room. I have the VIAIR model 20020 with Dual 444C compressors. I am not familiar with the ARB compressor(s) you have, there is about 12" of room between the 2.5 gallon tank and the end of the bracket.
Looks like the Twin ARB compressor should fit then as ARB says the dimensions are 4 x 7.5 x 10.8.

Thanks for the pic @Koloradokid. So am I to assume the muffler itself doesn’t get hot, and it’s just the tail pipe that does? I think I’d prefer to get some more of that stuff and place it along the side of cradle.
Sponsored

Koloradokid

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Quality Control
Looks like the Twin ARB compressor should fit then as ARB says the dimensions are 4 x 7.5 x 10.8.

Thanks for the pic @Koloradokid. So am I to assume the muffler itself doesn’t get hot, and it’s just the tail pipe that does? I think I’d prefer to get some more of that stuff and place it along the side of cradle.
The muffler will also heat up however the cradle turns up and acts as somewhat of a shield as well even though the only thing that’s going to protect is the air tank. The supplied heat shield is plenty to protect the area in which the pumps, air lines and wiring come close to the exhaust.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The muffler will also heat up however the cradle turns up and acts as somewhat of a shield as well even though the only thing that’s going to protect is the air tank. The supplied heat shield is plenty to protect the area in which the pumps, air lines and wiring come close to the exhaust.
Air tank is what I’m worried about. I’ve read some stuff on here that relates to the the heat it’s still going to get.

Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I have a complete brand new, never installed system that I will not be using if anyone is interested. It has the Maximus mount and Viair Dual 444C Onboard Air System (Stealth Black). I haven't listed it in the parts section yet. PM me if you are interested.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a complete brand new, never installed system that I will not be using if anyone is interested. It has the Maximus mount and Viair Dual 444C Onboard Air System (Stealth Black). I haven't listed it in the parts section yet. PM me if you are interested.
Is it the gen 1 or 2 cradle?

Sponsored

Jim smith

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Just waiting for some time off to install. Also ordered some fiberglass exhaust wrap. Wife threw out the stuff that came with the kit.

5DBA42EA-FC2B-493F-9231-C90B31B5CCC7.jpeg

Jim smith

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
any suggestion on where to mount the intake for the compressors. I’m thinking the bed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.