Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021

go0001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland Sting Gray
Occupation
Technology

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Great to have more choices.

Article at CE Outlook: https://www.ceoutlook.com/2021/04/21/mb-quart-adds-new-jeep-kit/
"MB Quart announced new vehicle-specific audio kits at Jeep Beach 2021 here. The new Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits are designed for Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator JT vehicles."

MB Quart Blog Post:
https://blog.mbquart.com/audio-meets-adventure-at-jeep-beach-2021-with-jeep-tuned-audio-kits/

Kit pricing:
https://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/vehicle-kits/
I just ordered their 6x9 kit for the soundbar. Coupon code ā€œjeepbeach2021ā€ gives you a 40% discount

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
Am I missing something?

if you price out the components individually they are cheaper than buying it in a packaged deal?

$649 vs $589

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I just ordered their 6x9 kit for the soundbar. Coupon code ā€œjeepbeach2021ā€ gives you a 40% discount
Thatā€™s insane. You can get $640 off of the six speaker plus amp kit. Damn, now I have to talk my wife into it lol

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s insane. You can get $640 off of the six speaker plus amp kit. Damn, now I have to talk my wife into it lol
Thatā€™s what I figured. FWIW, I havenā€™t actually heard these speakers, but they canā€™t possibly be worse than the stock speakers. Iā€™ve already replaced my dash speakers and added a powered sub, so it made sense to me to get the 6x9. Worst case, if they suck, I paid a little too much for the grills and adapters šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thatā€™s what I figured. FWIW, I havenā€™t actually heard these speakers, but they canā€™t possibly be worse than the stock speakers. Iā€™ve already replaced my dash speakers and added a powered sub, so it made sense to me to get the 6x9. Worst case, if they suck, I paid a little too much for the grills and adapters šŸ˜‚
Iā€™d be interested to hear how they work. Report back! If i donā€™t convince the wife I need them beforehand that is lol

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
MB quart is usually nice stuff. Looking into ordering the front and sound bar upgrade. I have the premium audio so I donā€™t want to order the amp kit and have it conflict with the stock amp

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
This was not the helpful tip I needed to see!!

Thatā€™s a hell of a deal. Under a grand and compared to the alpine setup, includes 6.5ā€ and 6x9ā€™s and the pods/mounts for them which is several hundred bucks in addition. And as I donā€™t want to add a sub (at least not the little one under the seat), the bigger cones/drivers and more power to the speakers should be a fair compromise. And the mount base included in the kit fits one additional amp for the sub, so something that can be added on without trouble.

I also really dig those amps. I have one in my buggy. They are marine grade and very compact and do a good job.

Wiring instructions-
https://manualzz.com/doc/55989166/mb-quart-mbqj-aac-1-mbqj-acc-1ah--jeep-wiring-install-manual

Speaker install -
https://mbquart.com/media/mconnect_uploadfiles/m/b/mbqj-stg6-1_jeep_install_manual.pdf

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™d hate to be even more helpful, but it seems to me that the coupon code is good for everything on their website...

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
I ordered the dual 8ā€ sub and amp package - $359 delivered. For this price, itā€™s worth the gamble to give it a try.

Sponsored

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
Have you installed the 6x9ā€™s yet? Iā€™ll be installing mine here in a few hours. I guess this will eliminate the tweets? And if the tweets are gone, did you splice those wires to the 6x9ā€™s?
thanks- Lloyd

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you installed the 6x9ā€™s yet? Iā€™ll be installing mine here in a few hours. I guess this will eliminate the tweets? And if the tweets are gone, did you splice those wires to the 6x9ā€™s?
thanks- Lloyd
I havenā€™t had the time to do it, but Iā€™ll also tackle it later today. I thought the wires for the tweeters were just branched off from the same wires as the ā€œmidsā€ - my apologies if Iā€™m mistaken, so I was just gonna leave them.

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I havenā€™t had the time to do it, but Iā€™ll also tackle it later today. I thought the wires for the tweeters were just branched off from the same wires as the ā€œmidsā€ - my apologies if Iā€™m mistaken, so I was just gonna leave them.
Iā€™d recommend not to attempt to yank out the dome light, if youā€™re taking out the speaker bar. You can easily get to the last 2 (of 6 total) bolts holding it in, by loosening everything else. I scratched the sh!t out of the cover around the dome light šŸ˜ž

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I love me some MB Quart. I may need to do this. I used to run their Q series long ago.

edit... scratch that. don't care about audio enough in the Jeep for this price. My music is wind and tire noise now. I thought it was $640 total, not $640 off. Eh... nah.
Sponsored