Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
That’s what I figured. FWIW, I haven’t actually heard these speakers, but they can’t possibly be worse than the stock speakers. I’ve already replaced my dash speakers and added a powered sub, so it made sense to me to get the 6x9. Worst case, if they suck, I paid a little too much for the grills and adapters 😂
I agree completely. I just used the code and got the 6x9's shipped for $120. Seems like a no brainer. I don't like the sound out of the bar even after replacing the stock speakers with same sized upgrades. Cant be worse than the whisper out of them now.
Sponsored

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I haven’t had the time to do it, but I’ll also tackle it later today. I thought the wires for the tweeters were just branched off from the same wires as the “mids” - my apologies if I’m mistaken, so I was just gonna leave them.
I’m waiting on UPS for my speakers. Sound bar is off, not too hard to do, except for the dome light. 2 Metal clips holding it in, I broke some plastic getting it out lol

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I agree completely. I just used the code and got the 6x9's shipped for $120. Seems like a no brainer. I don't like the sound out of the bar even after replacing the stock speakers with same sized upgrades. Cant be worse than the whisper out of them now.
What part of bama are in? Millbrook here

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Coupon just worked for me. Got a set of 6x9 adapters for both our Jeep’s. Have two sets of kickers left over from my other truck I sold. Now the waiting game LOL

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Coupon no longer works
It does. I used it today, it just doesn’t show you until you are ready to checkout. I had to go all the way until it asked for payment to see the savings. Did mine at 6:04 central time.

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Just finished up the install. I started off with the standard sound system, I had previously replaced the front window speakers with Infinity 3032CFX which I was very pleased with. I had also added a Cerwin Vega VPAS10 behind the rear seat.

I was hoping that the MB Quart 6x9s would provide me with better highs and mids, as the stock soundbar was not really adding anything.

The install was pretty straight forward. I added some sound deadening butyl pads and poly fill. The mounting plate does not sit flush, so I tried to even it out with some self adhering foam strips I had left over from my tonneau cover. The soundbar plastic is really soft, so the screws that were included in the kit, didn’t inspire tons of confidence, but time will tell. I am fully aware that adding an amplifier would probably have given me a better end result, but I am not super impressed with the sound picture. Lows and mids are still pretty much non existent. Highs are quite a bit better than the stock setup.

I still have some fine tuning to do, and maybe I will bite the bullet and get a small amp to drive the 6x9’s. Granted, the volume of the soundbar is very small, so I don’t know if there is more gains to be had.

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
Just finished up the install. I started off with the standard sound system, I had previously replaced the front window speakers with Infinity 3032CFX which I was very pleased with. I had also added a Cerwin Vega VPAS10 behind the rear seat.

I was hoping that the MB Quart 6x9s would provide me with better highs and mids, as the stock soundbar was not really adding anything.

The install was pretty straight forward. I added some sound deadening butyl pads and poly fill. The mounting plate does not sit flush, so I tried to even it out with some self adhering foam strips I had left over from my tonneau cover. The soundbar plastic is really soft, so the screws that were included in the kit, didn’t inspire tons of confidence, but time will tell. I am fully aware that adding an amplifier would probably have given me a better end result, but I am not super impressed with the sound picture. Lows and mids are still pretty much non existent. Highs are quite a bit better than the stock setup.

I still have some fine tuning to do, and maybe I will bite the bullet and get a small amp to drive the 6x9’s. Granted, the volume of the soundbar is very small, so I don’t know if there is more gains to be had.
I’m not overwhelmed myself. I’m gonna splice the tweet wires with the mids and see what that does. I have a alpine kta 450 amp I’m hooking up when my amp ready t harness gets here. Net audio will make one so you done have to cut any wires. That should help.

600rr

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
For $360 shipped for the subs, box and amp I went a head and ordered. Will see how it compares to the custom JL Audio system in our JL Wrangler and the custom Alpine system in our JKU.

Sponsored

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
For $360 shipped for the subs, box and amp I went a head and ordered. Will see how it compares to the custom JL Audio system in our JL Wrangler and the custom Alpine system in our JKU.
Let me know what you think of the sub and amp combo. Mine arrived last week. My initial impressions are meh. The enclosure is plastic. I’m disappointed in the amp’s wiring harness. It looks like it uses a 12g wire for power and has to be spliced together. You’ll need to order wiring kit, pac, and RCAs. I assumed when they said it includes a full system harness, this would include everything you need - but it doesn’t. It’s not exactly plug and play. When they refer to it using an OEM installation, they are referring to the screws to mount it to the floor.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
damn it...the pricing on this has me thinking it's a must...ugh...

600rr

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland

SFLJEEPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ, 2015 JK, 2015 JKU, 2021 JT
Let me know what you think of the sub and amp combo. Mine arrived last week. My initial impressions are meh. The enclosure is plastic. I’m disappointed in the amp’s wiring harness. It looks like it uses a 12g wire for power and has to be spliced together. You’ll need to order wiring kit, pac, and RCAs. I assumed when they said it includes a full system harness, this would include everything you need - but it doesn’t. It’s not exactly plug and play. When they refer to it using an OEM installation, they are referring to the screws to mount it to the floor.
I felt the same way. Mine (sub box and amp) arrived last week and I was really disappointed with the quality. My plastic garbage can has more structural rigidity than the sub enclosure. It is made of surprisingly thin plastic and It easily flexes when you pushed on any surface of the enclosure. Sealed enclosures are not supposed to do this. The amp is also pretty cheesy. If it was truly 400 watts as stated then is would be starving itself with the tiny power wire provided. This is definitely not the old MB Quart that was previously known for outstanding sound and build quality. I immediately packed it back up and mailed it back the next day.
Sponsored