MBRP Filter Back Exhaust and AFE Charge Pipes

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Speaking of those baffles did the new pipes contribute to better turbo sound ?
Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Well depending on the stock charge tubes(still waiting on my JTRD to be built) if they are soft rubber type hoses it will improve engine response as well. This is because the soft rubber hoses will expand and contract. Larger diameter also means better flow so again better engine response.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Well depending on the stock charge tubes(still waiting on my JTRD to be built) if they are soft rubber type hoses it will improve engine response as well. This is because the soft rubber hoses will expand and contract. Larger diameter also means better flow so again better engine response.
Just look at the photo the hot side isn’t even round. It’s oval. LOL

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Just look at the photo the hot side isn’t even round. It’s oval. LOL
The shape isn't as important when it comes to forced induction. More diameter and smooth flow.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
And the CAI has already been shown to make a nearly 40 lb/ft improvement with dyno testing. That's pretty significant.
A CAI with 40lbs of torque increase on the diesel??? Which one is this, and is that increase with just the CAI or was it a combination of things, I am IN if it’s by itself!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A CAI with 40lbs of torque increase on the diesel??? Which one is this, and is that increase with just the CAI or was it a combination of things, I am IN if it’s by itself!
https://afepower.com/afe-power-50-70062t-momentum-hd-cold-air-intake-system-w-pro-10r-filter

https://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/5/0/50-70062g_dc.1623428065.jpg

Read above though if you get it for now run it without the rubber section that is being re-worked.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow impressive. Looks like I’ll be jumping on this and possible the charge tubes as well. Any date on the revised version the CAI will be released? Also didn’t I read that there were some issues with oil filtered versions as opposed to using the dry filters?

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on the performance?
While I don’t have access to a dyno the everyday driveabity for sure seems improved. I’m doing a 4500lb towing test this weekend too with a buddy’s camper so want to see if the heat seems any different with the better flowing charge pipes too. Generally speaking it feels more responsive for sure. I’m happy with these mods for sure now to wait for the GDE tune :)

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did get the oiled but I've had no issues thus far.
What’s the deal with the oiled vs dry filter? I read somewhere that oiled filters aren’t good with turbos but don’t understand why. Now this MAF sensor thing has me more confused.
Yes there is a MAF sensor near the air filter. That's the reason I ordered my intake with the dry filter instead of an oiled filter.
Does the dry filter provide the same gains as the pro guard 7? The pro guard 7 has the torque/HP increases noted and those claims are suspiciously absent from the dry and 10R filters. Those two only show the 23% flow increase claim.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What’s the deal with the oiled vs dry filter? I read somewhere that oiled filters aren’t good with turbos but don’t understand why. Now this MAF sensor thing has me more confused.

Does the dry filter provide the same gains as the pro guard 7? The pro guard 7 has the torque/HP increases noted and those claims are suspiciously absent from the dry and 10R filters. Those two only show the 23% flow increase claim.
Filters that use oil contaminate the mass air flow sensor because some of the oil gets sucked off of the filter and onto the filaments on the sensor.

As far as power gains are concerned I'm betting that each of the filters available would give you the same power gain because if you look at the other intake they sell they advertise the same with all of them. I bet that they simply chose that particular filter to do their Dyno testing with for advertising purposes.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Filters that use oil contaminate the mass air flow sensor because some of the oil gets sucked off of the filter and onto the filaments on the sensor.

As far as power gains are concerned I'm betting that each of the filters available would give you the same power gain because if you look at the other intake they sell they advertise the same with all of them. I bet that they simply chose that particular filter to do their Dyno testing with for advertising purposes.
Fan-flipping-tastic… I have the K&N drop in which I have seen increasingly trashed on here and other places. Is there a way to clean the MAF?

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Fan-flipping-tastic… I have the K&N drop in which I have seen increasingly trashed on here and other places. Is there a way to clean the MAF?
I’m running the oiled and It hasn’t had any errors thus far. If it does I’ll replace the sensor and get the dry

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes there is actually a product called mass air flow sensor cleaner that comes in a spray can and is available at auto parts stores.
Sponsored