Sponsored

Metal Cloak vs. Clayton

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
I do. She is a little dirty from the ride…

Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak vs. Clayton 045129D6-4AD4-4841-B9D4-293856155EF0
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
do both the metalcloak and clayton ride as smooth as stock?
We've always heard from our customers that their vehicles ride better than they did stock! The goal is to create a more firm and comfortable ride than the stock suspension provides.

Sasoriza73

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I would definitely recommend a 3.5" kit to clear those tires, especially because you do a lot of rock trails! With that being said, deciding whether to go with the 3.5" Overland Plus Kit or 3.5" Premium Kit would be up to you and what you're looking for out of this vehicle. Usually, the Overland Plus kit is what most of our customers tend to gravitate to due to its performance benefits on and off road, and also the fact that it's maintenance free. The Premium kit is designed for, and is usually used by guys that are looking for the most off road performance possible since the Johnny Joints allow for a little bit more mis-alignment, but do require maintenance every so often. Feel free to give us a call or just ask any other questions you have, always happy to help!
I have a ‘22 JTR and planning to ru 40’s. Some light over-landing and off-roading . What lift do you recommend?

Sasoriza73

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Definitely PM us as we have both a forum member and veteran/military discount available! If you like the height of the Mopar kit then our 2.5" kit would be the way to go :like:
Any discounts for first responders…ie: firefighters?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I have a ‘22 JTR and planning to ru 40’s. Some light over-landing and off-roading . What lift do you recommend?
I have 39s on a Clayton 2.5 and even with chopped fenders I will just lightly rub unlocked at full flex, for 40s you're gonna want to go 3.5

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Any discounts for first responders…ie: firefighters?
Last time I asked that I believe they did say there was a first responders discount.

Turnswrench

First Name
Bowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary, 2023 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Start Up Strategist
I went with Clayton for their reputation that's built on real life jeepers. I live in Alaska so as you can imagine getting heavy items here isn't easy or cheap. Clayton went the extra mile to help me get their kit. So quality product and great customer service.

Thank you!

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
After a good month of research and advice from a buddy that is by far the most experienced Jeeper I have known (I have been Jeeping for 20+ years), I went with a Clayton 3.5" Overland Plus kit with Fox 2.0s over the others I was researching (ReadyLift, Terraflex and MC). He liked MC too, but ended up going Clayton as well after running a few other brands. He had experience with MC rear coils sagging when loading gear in his JT.

Set a Clayton control arm next to the others and the decision becomes easier...talk about stout. Clayton has the angled from LCA's for tire clearance and a heaver spring rate for loaded rigs that some others don't.

I had all but ordered the ReadyLift 4" with Falcons. I have a 3.5" ReadyLift on my RAM and like it, but at the last minute, switched.
Sponsored