Metal Cloak vs Synergy/Yeti?

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
I get that. However you seem to be suggesting more negative caster. That would increase dive and wander especially under braking. Almost no vehicle comes factory with negative or neutral caster. I want my to track like a car does which is as you stated 6.5 -7 degrees. Rolling it forward doesn't sound right to achieve that. Unless this a factor of your lift kit. A Mojave has about 4 degrees of caster over the sport 5.5. To get more positive caster, one would lengthen the LCAs and as u said angle the pinion down to do this.

1709744001000.png

This is my reasoning behind getting the Mopar 2in lift LCAs. They are a 1/4 in longer and designed to restore the caster lost by lifting. as I sure you know. So in my case of no lift and not exceeding a .75 in spacer in the future. this would put my Mojave in 6 plus caster range as desired. My point of getting the sector brace was mitigate any box/frame flexed caused by heavy 37s as not make my caster correction goals mute. Though I am learning a Track bar brace is recommended as wells a 9/16 bolts to take out as much factory slack as possible. which also would further reducing shimmy with 37s. I'm sure we mean the same thing but I got disconnect about which CAs to change for caster.
From personal experience I can attest to how much caster impacts these trucks.

Thanks for the pic and info, the Mopar lift with the lengthened LCA's is netting me caster of 4.9 and the ride is harsh and shimmy's. I swear my truck looks like the center picture. Looking at adjustable control arms or geo brackets to get caster out to 6 to get rid of the shimmy. I've experienced full on wobble twice after hitting a bump in the road so that needs to change asap. 🤪
Sponsored

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney

Thanks for the pic and info, the Mopar lift with the lengthened LCA's is netting me caster of 4.9 and the ride is harsh and shimmy's. I swear my truck looks like the center picture. Looking at adjustable control arms or geo brackets to get caster out to 6 to get rid of the shimmy. I've experienced full on wobble twice after hitting a bump in the road so that needs to change asap. 🤪
The death wobble is probably not from your caster...
Look for one of the bushings or ball joints being bad...

OP
OP
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase

getting a shimmy from caster sounds about right. full on wobble i kinda wanna say there's something else.
Sponsored