Bbillups75

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK / Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
We have two options in terms of joints. The Premium kit comes with Johnny Joints on one side of the control arms which do provide a little bit more flex and misalignment, while our Overland kit uses Giiro joints on both ends of the control arms that still provide a great amount of flex off-road, while also helping to isolate road noise and vibration on road. You really can't go wrong with either kit, as they both perform great both on and off road. Also, when it comes to short arm lift kits, shocks are your biggest limiting factor in terms of flex anyway, so as long as you pair these kits with a nice set of shocks you'll be good to go either way!

I'll include a picture one of our customers recently sent to us using our 3.5" Overland Plus Kit that uses the Giiro bushings, it really shows off the flex these kits are capable of!

IMG_4851.jpg
This is my hybrid lift Evo and teraflex alpine IR arms she’s flexy

47119560-D862-4752-9861-2F8D9676E60D.jpeg
Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
So this question is pretty easy for MC, they offer/recommend their Rocksport or 6-pack shocks with their lift kits, but I don't see anywhere that Clayton offers a specific shock for their kits. Wishful thinking, but do the Rubicon Fox shocks pair up with the 2.5" Overland Plus kits? Or are the Falcon SP2 and SP3 the options for the Clayton lifts? I have been on this forum since before the JT launched in April '19 (ordered mine in April '19) and I will say there are some sponsors/vendors that are WAY more active on here than others. I know there is a financial incentive for them to try to gain market share, but there is also a benefit to the consumer getting to know the manufacturer and what they offer. I loved my MC lift on my JKR, loved it! They have good customer service and offer a military discount, but I can say they are almost silent on this forum. Clayton is all over this forum...they are quick to answer questions, offer information and standby their products. I'm still torn on which lift I will go with, but I don't really want a 3.5" lift, so the 2.5" Overland Plus is growing on me...but hard to ignore the MC gold! haha....

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
So this question is pretty easy for MC, they offer/recommend their Rocksport or 6-pack shocks with their lift kits, but I don't see anywhere that Clayton offers a specific shock for their kits. Wishful thinking, but do the Rubicon Fox shocks pair up with the 2.5" Overland Plus kits? Or are the Falcon SP2 and SP3 the options for the Clayton lifts? I have been on this forum since before the JT launched in April '19 (ordered mine in April '19) and I will say there are some sponsors/vendors that are WAY more active on here than others. I know there is a financial incentive for them to try to gain market share, but there is also a benefit to the consumer getting to know the manufacturer and what they offer. I loved my MC lift on my JKR, loved it! They have good customer service and offer a military discount, but I can say they are almost silent on this forum. Clayton is all over this forum...they are quick to answer questions, offer information and standby their products. I'm still torn on which lift I will go with, but I don't really want a 3.5" lift, so the 2.5" Overland Plus is growing on me...but hard to ignore the MC gold! haha....
I have the Fox 2.0's with my Clayton Overland 2.5 lift. Bought directly from Clayton. The Rubicon shocks would work with extensions, but ultimately they aren't log enough to get the full benefit. And going from the Rubicon shocks to the 2.0's I much prefer the 2.0's.

Also keep in mind that the Clayton 2.5 is actually much taller then the MetalCloak 3". Metalcloak measures from the front & levels it off some where as Clayton measures from the rear & levels it off some so since the factory rake is so large the lift heights are not apples to apples.

Check out the first couple pic's in this thread to see the difference between the 2. We weren't at all expecting it & it was research after the fact that found why. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...l-w-hicentered-gladiator-sport-rubicon.33600/

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
New shocks that are designed and intended to be used specifically with a particular amount of lift are always the best route rather than shock extensions, as the shock extensions unfortunately do not correct for things like valving and being able to handle excess weight. Our kits were actually designed using the Fox 2.0 performance series shocks, and is still what we use on our company JL today! We've had a ton of great feedback on the pairing of our kits with the Fox shocks, but the Falcons have started to get a lot of attention lately as well. Many have started paring our kit with the Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks and have had great things to say!

Also I will add, companies such as ourselves do benefit from being a part of a forum like this one just like you said, but we really do enjoy being a part of this community and answering whatever suspension related questions anyone might have! :)

Last edited:

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Fwiw Clayton stands behind there stuff. I had a unique scenario that was no fault of theirs or their parts and they 100% helped me out when they didn’t need to. I can’t comment for metal cloak but claytons service is the best I’ve dealt with

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Fwiw Clayton stands behind there stuff. I had a unique scenario that was no fault of theirs or their parts and they 100% helped me out when they didn’t need to. I can’t comment for metal cloak but claytons service is the best I’ve dealt with
Appreciate that! Always happy to help.

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
We have two options in terms of joints. The Premium kit comes with Johnny Joints on one side of the control arms which do provide a little bit more flex and misalignment, while our Overland kit uses Giiro joints on both ends of the control arms that still provide a great amount of flex off-road, while also helping to isolate road noise and vibration on road. You really can't go wrong with either kit, as they both perform great both on and off road. Also, when it comes to short arm lift kits, shocks are your biggest limiting factor in terms of flex anyway, so as long as you pair these kits with a nice set of shocks you'll be good to go either way!

I'll include a picture one of our customers recently sent to us using our 3.5" Overland Plus Kit that uses the Giiro bushings, it really shows off the flex these kits are capable of!

Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak vs. Clayton 47119560-D862-4752-9861-2F8D9676E60D
I am on your website and it looks like you offer two different control arm sets. One for $1049 (overland+) and one for $1529 (standard kit?) - online it says they both use Giiro joints. What is the difference? Which for a quieter/softer on road ride? Also what's with the little control arm bolt and nut near axle side on the front LCA? Lastly I am not used to seeing the adjustable side mount to frame most mount to axle - is there a reason for this design? Sorry for all the questions I currently have a teraflex alpine LCA and plan on changing all 8. I am torn between finishing the other 6 to match or changing them all with a set of yours. Thanks

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I am on your website and it looks like you offer two different control arm sets. One for $1049 (overland+) and one for $1529 (standard kit?) - online it says they both use Giiro joints. What is the difference? Which for a quieter/softer on road ride? Also what's with the little control arm bolt and nut near axle side on the front LCA? Lastly I am not used to seeing the adjustable side mount to frame most mount to axle - is there a reason for this design? Sorry for all the questions I currently have a teraflex alpine LCA and plan on changing all 8. I am torn between finishing the other 6 to match or changing them all with a set of yours. Thanks
Giiro joints are basically bushings. Both kits have Giiro on the axle side, the Overland has it on the frame side as well. The more expensive set uses Johnny Joints frame side which has a significant amount more articulation ability. I have the set of Johnny Joints in my garage to go on probably next week to replace the Giiro frame sides. If you plan on getting flexy go with Johnny Joints.

Your Teraflex arms use bushings on both ends fwiw.

Last edited:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The only difference is really the joints that are used. The Overland kit uses Giiros on both ends, and the Premium kit uses a Johnny Joints adjuster at the frame side. Really you can install the arms in either direction, it won't negatively affect anything either way, we just try to keep the jam nut and adjustable side up higher and away from where they can be smashed on rocks. What you're seeing in the picture is two small bolts for the brake lines and two larger shock bolts. Hopefully this helps, let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
So Clayton what kind of discount do you offer for forum members? Or veteran? (You can private message me if you prefer). I’m in the market for a new kit and you guys have really peaked my interest.

im running the Mopar 2” with 3/4” spacers now. But it’s a piece meal and I want a more complete kit. I’m happy with the height so I’m thinking your 2.5 kit would be better (def looking for your maintenance free joints). I thought about your 3.5” kit too but not in the market to change driveshafts out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
The only difference is really the joints that are used. The Overland kit uses Giiros on both ends, and the Premium kit uses a Johnny Joints adjuster at the frame side. Really you can install the arms in either direction, it won't negatively affect anything either way, we just try to keep the jam nut and adjustable side up higher and away from where they can be smashed on rocks. What you're seeing in the picture is two small bolts for the brake lines and two larger shock bolts. Hopefully this helps, let me know if you have any other questions at all!
Thank you. Most control arms I’ve seen don’t accommodate the brake line bracket. Pretty sure mine is in a dumpster somewhere. Guess because the shape of the design is similar to the stock arms the bracket is reusable. This helps.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So Clayton what kind of discount do you offer for forum members? Or veteran? (You can private message me if you prefer). I’m in the market for a new kit and you guys have really peaked my interest.

im running the Mopar 2” with 3/4” spacers now. But it’s a piece meal and I want a more complete kit. I’m happy with the height so I’m thinking your 2.5 kit would be better (def looking for your maintenance free joints). I thought about your 3.5” kit too but not in the market to change driveshafts out.
Definitely PM us as we have both a forum member and veteran/military discount available! If you like the height of the Mopar kit then our 2.5" kit would be the way to go :like:

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
I just put on a MC 3.5” GC. It rides nicer than stock. I got mine with the Rocksport shocks and it’s nice and smooth. The downside to MC is the rear track bar is so beefy, it’s tough to get my new 37” Nitto Trail Grappler spare underneath. It’s pressed hard up against the track bar and hitch, even deflated to 20lbs. The MC guys said to take it to 12lbs and it will fit as they said that’s how their guys run them. I will try that, but I am thinking of swapping it out with a Clayton rear track bar for that cool bend to make room for that spare.

The MC articulation is insane. It’s maiden voyage was the trifecta Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Goldbar Rim trail yesterday. I went with a few friends who had Land Rovers. They told me the MC on the Gladiator made the Golden spike Crack look easy. No tire in the air… the MC articulationhad nearly full time contact on all 4 tires. It was amazing.

Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak vs. Clayton C6E657A7-A405-4A21-B277-55B428D77C9A

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Thats a cool shot with impressive flex. Do you have any side photos of it on level ground
Sponsored