Metalcloak fender install and comparison pics

jimhart69

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK
I have one side of the Metalcloak fenders done so far and a few people asked for some before and after comparison pictures so here they are. The inner fender set will be here Monday and I can get it all done then. I like that they sit lower on the body than the Rubi fenders and show the fender body line while actually giving a little more clearance than the Rubi fenders. I am including a bunch of pictures as when I was trying to decide on fenders it was hard to tell how wide all of the options out there were just by pictures and even Sema videos.

FS.jpg
HF.jpg
HR.jpg
IMG_20191207_194141.jpg
IMG_20191207_194423.jpg
IMG_20191207_194435.jpg
IMG_20191207_194459.jpg
IMG_20191207_194521_1.jpg
IMG_20191208_143904.jpg
IMG_20191208_143934.jpg
IMG_20191208_143935_1.jpg
IMG_20191208_143943_1.jpg
IMG_20191208_181514_1.jpg
IMG_20191209_173555_1.jpg
IMG_20191209_185449.jpg
lights.jpg
RS.jpg
WF.jpg
WR.jpg
Sponsored

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Love the look I am going back and forth between Metal Cloak and JCR Offroad. I do not see where Metal Cloak has rock rails or step bars as of yet.

OP
OP

jimhart69

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK
No not yet, I am looking at the Rock Slide Engineering rails if I decide to go that way. The rear fender liners will be out in a month for the Metalcloak so just waiting for those to be available.
Love the look I am going back and forth between Metal Cloak and JCR Offroad. I do not see where Metal Cloak has rock rails or step bars as of yet.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I have one side of the Metalcloak fenders done so far and a few people asked for some before and after comparison pictures so here they are. The inner fender set will be here Monday and I can get it all done then. I like that they sit lower on the body than the Rubi fenders and show the fender body line while actually giving a little more clearance than the Rubi fenders. I am including a bunch of pictures as when I was trying to decide on fenders it was hard to tell how wide all of the options out there were just by pictures and even Sema videos.

WR.jpg

The website claims 6" of coverage for the rear fenders. From your pic, I'm only seeing a little under 5". Is that the widest portion of the rear flare?

Boomer#1

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak fender install and comparison pics WR
Good Afternoon, just received my MetalCloak fenders for my Jeep Gladiator. The MetalCloak instructions indicate for a JL vs a JT. Did you find any issues where they may have been different?

Sponsored

bruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubi gladiator
love the write up. I've got ask what front bumper is that.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Love it...if I had black fenders, I'd go the Metalcloak route. Looks great.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
No go in PA...leaves too much tire poke...and its non linear.

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Defense Contractor
No go in PA...leaves too much tire poke...and its non linear.
I'll find a shop that will pass them or just put the old fenders on for inspection. Cops could care less as long as your not being a jackass

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK JL on the way I hope
I like the metal cloak fendors but they're so expensive. I looked at just for the front and rear and then do inner fenders I'm labor I'm talking about $5,000 is what I've been quoted. I can't do it myself but even taking the labor away we're still talking about $4,000 almost for the fenders. What did you end up paying for the front and rear fenders and then the inner fenders total if you don't mind me asking maybe you got them on sale somewhere? I looked at the Road armor but they're just too square and close to the same price as metal cloak.The back fender really looks square. I've seen these steel fenders here but I don't want to lose the running light I like that running light like Road armor has and metal cloak and the factory has. These are steel fenders and I think they look really nice but they don't have that steel brace that goes on the inside of the body of the Jeep. I don't know if it'll make a difference I wouldn't think it would or they wouldn't be selling them they'd have problems. Somebody tried to tell me that you're putting steel on the body like that it's going to put a lot of stress with no brace like metal cloak has and road armor. But for $799 for front and rear fenders right here I mean it's not a bad price and they look nice don't y'all think? Just went through a bad divorce had to move and living on a single income now and retired makes it pretty hard financially. Can't spend a lot of money on my Jeep now like I used to. So what y'all's opinion on these ? They look good what do you think ? The only problem is what do y'all think about losing the running light and having a little LED round turn signal not built in the lights either kind of makes it look like a JK What do y'all thinking about this If you couldn't afford the road armor or metal cloak would you go with these?
Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak fender install and comparison pics Screenshot_20231021_233448_Gallery

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK JL on the way I hope
I also thought about splitting the Rubicon fenders and do the light yet like a lot of people do but it's almost $900 to do that without the unoffender They would cut it out and keep the stock one. I just couldn't see spending $800 in the stock fender by just putting a smaller light with a chop bracket

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No not yet, I am looking at the Rock Slide Engineering rails if I decide to go that way. The rear fender liners will be out in a month for the Metalcloak so just waiting for those to be available.
They look great. Aluminum or steel?
Sponsored