Metalcloak lift

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
I put the 3.5" true dual rate on earlier this year, been happy with it mostly, except the rear was too squatty for my tastes.

All the lift companies seem to have the same philosophy when it comes to lifting our rigs - they all aim to level them out. I talked with MC about this and several other companies too seeking a taller rear spring to regain some rake, and everyone told me the same thing; the lift may be a 2-3-4" etc, but that's measured off the front, the rear springs are shorter to level the vehicle out (the Mopar lift does maintain rake, but it's rear springs are too short to match my front 3.5").

I had pretty much resolved myself to putting a spacer in the rear, when Synergy released thier rear JT springs in a true 2, 3, or 4" height. I ordered the 4" springs hoping they wouldn't give too much rake, and after installing, I think it's a perfect match. So if anyone is looking to regain some rear height with their MC lift, I can verify this worked out great. Btw, still using stock arms in rear and the inexpensive Rock Shocks all the way around - drives and handles great and with zero driveline vibration, and the combo flexes well too - pics are from Slick Rock Road, and Genoa Peak, both in Northern California.
123_1(5).jpeg
20201010_150344.jpg
20200913_172621.jpg
Think I'll do the same - love the gamechanger lift, but the rear is a little too squatty for my tastes as well. Great suggestion and solution. Thanks.
Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
The bumpstops directions are for a jk. Does it apply to the JT as well? I plan to do Rubi flares in the near future.

Last, did MC call before they ship? My cousin who had a MC lift before called for his shirt size before it was shipped.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Just installed my gamechanger this weekend. Took us two days. For those that installed the front lower shock brackets what did you do with the brake line bracket. They say your supposed to drill and put in there bolt but then the brake line bracket would also have to be cut since there’s a bolt on the end of thr bracket. We just used the stock bolt for now. So far happy with looks and street ride but man Metal Cloak directions are terrible. Whoever wrote those should be fired.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift 75216D4A-BCA7-4F90-9EC8-B712DD5DE712

1692AD66-9D6B-4675-9796-38DCB68A23FB.jpeg

E38D7143-1362-47D5-9DB8-D49769174C0A.jpeg

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just installed my gamechanger this weekend. Took us two days. For those that installed the front lower shock brackets what did you do with the brake line bracket. They say your supposed to drill and put in there bolt but then the brake line bracket would also have to be cut since there’s a bolt on the end of thr bracket. We just used the stock bolt for now. So far happy with looks and street ride but man Metal Cloak directions are terrible. Whoever wrote those should be fired.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift E38D7143-1362-47D5-9DB8-D49769174C0A

You've struck GOLD brother!! Looks great

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ

75216D4A-BCA7-4F90-9EC8-B712DD5DE712.jpeg

1692AD66-9D6B-4675-9796-38DCB68A23FB.jpeg

E38D7143-1362-47D5-9DB8-D49769174C0A.jpeg
Did you do the Adams shaft or is that what MC ships when you select the "I need a driveshaft" option?

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you do the Adams shaft or is that what MC ships when you select the "I need a driveshaft" option?
MC ships their own branded one, I ordered the 1350 (for 37's) recommended by Adams. Soon as I can swing it I'll be getting their rear extreme duty as well. They're freakin' gorgeous, and lifetime warranty if you ever twist or break a u-joint due to torque.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
MC ships their own branded one, I ordered the 1350 (for 37's) recommended by Adams. Soon as I can swing it I'll be getting their rear extreme duty as well. They're freakin' gorgeous, and lifetime warranty if you ever twist or break a u-joint due to torque.
Cool that's why I asked... I was looking at doing the same for prep when I do gears and 37s.

Only problem I have with Adams is that I don't want the 1-piece rear... it's fine on a typical Wrangler but for a truck, I've always found them too long and prefer the clearance of a 2-piece with a yoke drop.

Sponsored

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool that's why I asked... I was looking at doing the same for prep when I do gears and 37s.

Only problem I have with Adams is that I don't want the 1-piece rear... it's fine on a typical Wrangler but for a truck, I've always found them too long and prefer the clearance of a 2-piece with a yoke drop.
interesting, I'll have to ponder that - I'm not mechanical (at all) but as I was studying up on it, I took the one piece rear as a good thing.. I guess eliminating a possible point of failure? But Idk

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
interesting, I'll have to ponder that - I'm not mechanical (at all) but as I was studying up on it, I took the one piece rear as a good thing.. I guess eliminating a possible point of failure? But Idk
The real benefit to a 1 piece is the articulation that comes with smaller changes in angle due to the length. They typically sit closer to the neutral spot of the suspension arc so you need a lot less slip yoke than with a 2 piece and they put less stress on the joints from articulation. Jeep people love them because truthfully, they're massively superior on a Wrangler.

IMO, a 2 piece is superior in almost every other way when talking longer wheelbases that aren't long-travel rear. Long shafts have very little tolerance for imperfection and imbalance so they're much more prone to bowing, vibration, and wear (speaking from nearly a decade of experience in industry). They have to be significantly larger and of thicker/heavier materials to maintain rigidity. They also have a larger segment hanging below the frame which can be a real issue on a long wheelbase.

Aftermarket options are likely overbuilt to the point it's not going to matter as much but personally, I like how a 2-piece works for my needs (mild/moderate lift, 37" max). Others want the articulation and there's no questioning that a 1-piece is superior... this is still a Jeep after all.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real benefit to a 1 piece is the articulation that comes with smaller changes in angle due to the length. They typically sit closer to the neutral spot of the suspension arc so you need a lot less slip yoke than with a 2 piece and they put less stress on the joints from articulation. Jeep people love them because truthfully, they're massively superior on a Wrangler.

IMO, a 2 piece is superior in almost every other way when talking longer wheelbases that aren't long-travel rear. Long shafts have very little tolerance for imperfection and imbalance so they're much more prone to bowing, vibration, and wear (speaking from nearly a decade of experience in industry). They have to be significantly larger and of thicker/heavier materials to maintain rigidity. They also have a larger segment hanging below the frame which can be a real issue on a long wheelbase.

Aftermarket options are likely overbuilt to the point it's not going to matter as much but personally, I like how a 2-piece works for my needs (mild/moderate lift, 37" max). Others want the articulation and there's no questioning that a 1-piece is superior... this is still a Jeep after all.
I see, very interesting - and that does makes sense, thanks for breaking it down in an understandable way.. why I love this forum, for me it's like continuing education. So much to consider, depending upon the application.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Goodies arrived yesterday.
I also have this MC/PS Hood decal currently being made.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift 011E65FF-5EF4-4001-91CB-ACA968247460

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift 011E65FF-5EF4-4001-91CB-ACA968247460
I LIKEY! Curious, where are you getting the decal? I might want to get one with a light gray outline if possible - I have the black rhino olive drab green abrams wheels.. I need to tone down the red and will end up getting or painting my tow hooks like a battleship gray color. Very nice.
Sponsored