Sponsored

Mice or rodents climb up into back of the bed??

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Ok so I thought I had mice in my place the other day when I went to eat a pack of trail mix and there was a hole chewed through it. Not happy...

Today however, my boys and I are sitting the the back of the bed rug lined floor of the Gladiator bed having ourselves a little picnic while watching the planes taking off from Vancouver International Airport. What do I see...a lone raisin and a piece of the unmistakable foil pieces of a trail mix package. The trail mix I mentioned earlier was originally stored in the back of the Gladiator.

Of course I know these rodents can get up anywhere...but question I have is how are they climbing up to the bed? Are they climbing up the wheels and jumping along the frame? Curious minds want to know!!

Jeep Gladiator Mice or rodents climb up into back of the bed?? 5E3F97EE-DA4F-4F0C-926F-798E67558870

The haze in the background...is all the smoke from the arson fires from Washington and Oregon state :( Being a former firefighter this is insane how much of what blankets Vancouver was deliberately set.
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Mice can get provably get into places I would NEVER have imagined they could.

Ash fell on me all day today while working on my JTR. I took this on the way into Costco this afternoon at 4:15 PDT in California. Looking straight into the sun in the middle of the day, just WRONG. Feels like I'm trying to get to Mordor to dump off that damned ring.

Jeep Gladiator Mice or rodents climb up into back of the bed?? IMG_20200912_161515

OP
OP
JKABBQ

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
I hope there’s no way they’re squeezing into the bed somehow where they’ll chew through the bedrug I’ve installed.

No ash here in Vancouver. My daughter was complains of a headache just being outside though. Then she sent me this...yesterday we were ranked 5th worse city in the world for air quality. Up to #2 today.

A929A4C0-3F12-4229-AF43-CC9F35F37222.png

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
purpleair.com is the go-to for USA'ians, the whole West Coast of NA is lit up like the end of the world.

While this is not TEOTWAWKI, I noticed the "500 is the top of the scale" went out the window.

We had 400+ a few days ago, the ZIP code I live in has an atmospheric "eddy" named after it. The LA basin is so bad right now, my step-son-in-law is fixing to move his three girls and lovely wife to her folks' house in Tucson. HOT is better than "strain your air through your teeth".

My friend at work Ken the Engineer sent me an email Thursday:

"It’s like New Vegas outside today. Everything’s orange and the draw distance sucks…"

If you've ever played computer games, you might get it.

Sadly, my JTR is Punk'n orange and has lights on during daylight hours......

OP
OP
JKABBQ

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
New Vegas....I haven’t delved into that game, but I sure know the difference from others in the series!

I don’t even want to think about how bad it is. I’ve heard enough of the horror stories amongst the FF brotherhood to imagine what people are going through right now. I haven’t even watched a lot of the videos to know what it must be like.

Hope you and yours, family and friends stay safe thoughout this all.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Thank you brother, I appreciate it!

My across the street neighbor is good man heading a wonderful family despite he drives a TRD Pro. His job at CalFire means he hasn't been home AT ALL in a month.

My Dad worked for USFS at Kernville before joining the Army in '65 to fly gunships in SE Asia. He's blown away by the destruction of his old stomping grounds. This scale was literally un-possible when he was on the fire line.

I have possession of a Redwood dining room table my great grandfather made when he ran logging for the County, the area he managed has been evacuated for the first time ever. The Sequoia Gigantea won't care, they will survive - the puny humans, not so much.

My sweet woman is using her inhaler and hoping she won't run out, the local pharmacies have gone dry on asthma meds for the last three days. I got new filters for our in-house air purifiers, who knows how they handle what we're getting through the cracks in the house.

My best wishes to our northern cousins that you don't get this experience for yourselves!

P.S. If you like RPG's at all, New Vegas is stellar!

OP
OP
JKABBQ

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Stay well! If it gets really bad hepa-filter a safe room in the home. Use painters tape to keep some of the worse of the smoke out if it’s really that bad. The asthma isn’t one to mess around with especially if the smoke doesn’t clear out for days or weeks. My daughter has a mild case of asthma too. If it gets really bad, she’ll have to go on inhalers as well.

New Vegas...I may just have to get it a try!
Sponsored