Military Auto Source Overseas Order

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
I've just in the last day or so placed an order for a Gladiator via Military Auto Source. Essentially it's a service for overseas or deployed military to purchase vehicles and motorcycles. They just opened a booth where I'm currently residing.

Unfortunately there is no way around the destination charge $1,495 and US taxes. However, the service typically can get you below invoice in addition to factory incentives and cash up to 90 days after delivery. Plus I don't have to sit down with a finance officer and talk undercoating, ext warranties and all that nonsense. (something I will never do again)

The vendor where I'm at was tentatively promised 10 Gladiators initially for pre order. I just so happened to wander by and grab one of the 10 they were taking deposits on. So I ordered up a Sport S in Punk Orange and very few other options, however they were all available to select. There isn't much in the way of incentives or cash as this is a new model, however I'm avoiding any potential markups and delivery is set about the week I return stateside.

I'll update when I'm assigned a VIN all the way through delivery back in the states. Anyone else planning on using MAS for this or any other vehicle feel free to hit me up with any questions as I work through the process.
Thank you for your service!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Did anyone do a MAS order and is still waiting on the steel bumper to be available? I ordered a gator rubicon with the steel bumper and my dealer said it isn’t available yet. I thought this was weird because I’ve seen plenty of members not ordering through MAS get theirs with steel bumpers already.
MA'S has to order like any other dealer. Could be a temporary thing. There was a small window where I couldn't order certain options. MA'S seemed to have a lag on ordering changes and updates from the factory. Have you rep check with the factory for more accurate info.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
MA'S has to order like any other dealer. Could be a temporary thing. There was a small window where I couldn't order certain options. MA'S seemed to have a lag on ordering changes and updates from the factory. Have you rep check with the factory for more accurate info.
I ordered with MAS and went with the plastic bumper as the metal bumper is going in and out of stock and could slow down the delivery. I went with Gator (I ordered/put a deposit when I was in Korea early 2019). If you are taking delivery overseas, they won't do much on the price besides the standard MAS military discount, but if you are taking delivery stateside they can drop it a bit lower. I'm at 3k under MSRP for my JTR build. I feel good about it as I don't feel like driving for two days to get a slightly better deal.

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
I ordered with MAS and went with the plastic bumper as the metal bumper is going in and out of stock and could slow down the delivery. I went with Gator (I ordered/put a deposit when I was in Korea early 2019). If you are taking delivery overseas, they won't do much on the price besides the standard MAS military discount, but if you are taking delivery stateside they can drop it a bit lower. I'm at 3k under MSRP for my JTR build. I feel good about it as I don't feel like driving for two days to get a slightly better deal.
Same here. I PCS from Italy early next year and I’m taking stateside delivery, so I’ve got time to wait. My price is below MSRP, but not 5-7% like some guys are getting. Still, it’s good enough and I don’t have to drive a few states over to get it.

Conna624

First Name
Natalie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Police Officer
So far I've had 3 decent quotes for my build which is msrp $53,510
- a local dealer in MA for FFP $50,118
- Travis in NC for 6% below invoice $47,515
- MAS for $51,519

I tried sending the quote from Travis to MAS, but the 6% below invoice is only in the email and not on the invoice sheet. She said the price would likely come down by the time of purchase once rebates and discounts are announced, but it's taking a risk and I'll likely travel down to NC because you can't beat that price

Do you have any POC information for the dealer in NC to get a quote? I am looking at getting a Wrangler and debating if my MAS dealer here is giving me a good quote, I'd like to compare.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase