Sponsored

Missing interior Aux switch wiring (solved)

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
So it basically allows for 24 hour monitoring? Very interesting...I’ll keep that in mind.
Yes 24hr monitoring but your dashcam has to support the functionality. So mine recognizes when the ignition is turned off and goes into parking mode. it only records on motion detection or on impact. Otherwise, it uses very low power so it's not a drain on the battery. The dashcam then monitors the battery and will shut itself off it the battery gets low. When I start the Jeeps it goes into full power mode and recoreds everthing and gives me a report on what has happend while the jeep was off.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Yes 24hr monitoring but your dashcam has to support the functionality. So mine recognizes when the ignition is turned off and goes into parking mode. it only records on motion detection or on impact. Otherwise, it uses very low power so it's not a drain on the battery. The dashcam then monitors the battery and will shut itself off it the battery gets low. When I start the Jeeps it goes into full power mode and recoreds everthing and gives me a report on what has happend while the jeep was off.
What dash cam do you have? Sounds good....

OP
OP
Skyler7381

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Mine is very similar but records a time lapse and then records video when events occur, it also records front and rear. I have a blackvue dr900x 2ch. Highly recommend blackvue dashcams if you can spare the cash.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
I have the Thinkware U1000 4K UHD Dual-Channel Cloud Dash Cam. It's a bit on the pricey side but figured it was worth the price to be the higher quality recording. I know people who have bought cheap cams and when they needed to read the license plate numbers from a recording it was impossible. The Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) sounds attractive, but I found it more annoying than anything and turned the function off. Just to have the unit beep at you and really know why is a pain.
Jeep Gladiator Missing interior Aux switch wiring (solved) Image

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/colle...ware-u1000-4k-uhd-dual-channel-cloud-dash-cam

I have also heard many good things about the high end BlackVue systems.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Sponsored

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
I've got an Aux switch question I can't find answer for.
I want to wire in some response lights (paramedic), on the grill and the dash.
So my question, can I wire both lights to the same circuit by tapping the same switch wire both inside and out?
Thanks!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an Aux switch question I can't find answer for.
I want to wire in some response lights (paramedic), on the grill and the dash.
So my question, can I wire both lights to the same circuit by tapping the same switch wire both inside and out?
Thanks!
As long as the total draw of the two combined doesn't exceed the fuse capacity, it should work.

Jimbos

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Civic
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So, in looking for the aux wires, I found a single wire coming out of the harness on the kick panel side. Anybody know what this is?
Jeep Gladiator Missing interior Aux switch wiring (solved) 4CF2AC26-E938-4122-AC21-6CE802EA62BC

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
So, in looking for the aux wires, I found a single wire coming out of the harness on the kick panel side. Anybody know what this is?
4CF2AC26-E938-4122-AC21-6CE802EA62BC.jpeg
Either the battery or ignition power wire.
Sponsored