Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Sport-S that had the dealer do a bunch of upgrades. It's basically an Overland model now. The rear turn/brake lights were upgraded to the LED lights. However, the front headlights were the halogen lights. They looked pathetic.

I upgraded the headlights to the Occulus 9" LEDs. What a huge difference! Now, the front turn signals look horrible. From what I've gathered on forums here, you can't "upgrade" these lights. I've looked at a couple sites like Quadratech, Rebel Offroad...I've seen LED light bulbs offered, but the reviews are all over the place if this works or not.

Is there a way to physically swap the lights from the Sport-S to Overland/Rubicon LEDs? Can I go to a salvage yard and swap the fenders if I can find them? Looking for options...
Sponsored

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
I bought a Sport-S that had the dealer do a bunch of upgrades. It's basically an Overland model now. The rear turn/brake lights were upgraded to the LED lights. However, the front headlights were the halogen lights. They looked pathetic.

I upgraded the headlights to the Occulus 9" LEDs. What a huge difference! Now, the front turn signals look horrible. From what I've gathered on forums here, you can't "upgrade" these lights. I've looked at a couple sites like Quadratech, Rebel Offroad...I've seen LED light bulbs offered, but the reviews are all over the place if this works or not.

Is there a way to physically swap the lights from the Sport-S to Overland/Rubicon LEDs? Can I go to a salvage yard and swap the fenders if I can find them? Looking for options...
I am in the SAME BOAT!!! It's hard to believe that with all the mods available for JTs, that no one has figured this out for us Sport(S) folks. I mean seriously a bulb replacement is my only option? Beside I'm not a fan of a resister hack that may/may not overheat and melt plastic when installed.

I'm also a big fan of "clean mods". Meaning...I don't like to drill holes or run hack wiring, etc. I love plug/play options and I would love a solid replacement option for the turn signals on my Sport S.

...at least I don't feel like it's just me!

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I am in the SAME BOAT!!! It's hard to believe that with all the mods available for JTs, that no one has figured this out for us Sport(S) folks. I mean seriously a bulb replacement is my only option? Beside I'm not a fan of a resister hack that may/may not overheat and melt plastic when installed.

I'm also a big fan of "clean mods". Meaning...I don't like to drill holes or run hack wiring, etc. I love plug/play options and I would love a solid replacement option for the turn signals on my Sport S.

...at least I don't feel like it's just me!
For the LED turn and running bulbs there is no hack just plug and play, much better light color.

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
For the LED turn and running bulbs there is no hack just plug and play, much better light color.
Every install I've seen on swapping bulbs is the inline resister you need to add to "trick the computer" to adjust for the draw difference from the light.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
there are a number of threads where they list the bulbs used and they are all plug and play. I used the bulbs in post 6 in this thread and have no issues with anything, they work great. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/awesome-diy-led-upgrade.33583/
From Amazon:
Easy installation: Extra load resistors maybe required to avoid the signal hyper flash or error code. This happens due to led bulbs draw much less current than stock lamp.

...so you didn't have to add these?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From Amazon:
Easy installation: Extra load resistors maybe required to avoid the signal hyper flash or error code. This happens due to led bulbs draw much less current than stock lamp.

...so you didn't have to add these?
100% plug and play, generally when they talk about adding resistors it is on older cars that do not have digital turn signal timing that use resistance for timing

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
100% plug and play, generally when they talk about adding resistors it is on older cars that do not have digital turn signal timing that use resistance for timing
Yeah the videos I've been watching for new product installs (bulbs) have been on brand new JLs and JTs...and they wire in the resistors

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD

Do you have color matched flares? If you do the OEM LED DRL's from the Overland and Rubicon will bolt and plug right in to your flares. They come up in the Member Marketplace here and the JL Forum very often for a decent price, about $200. You will need to Program the Jeep to eliminate the Hyper-flash and the bulb-out errors but that can be done with the JScan App for about $100. If you have Sport Flares with the one bulb there are other options for LED Turn Signals. Check over on the JL Forum in the Lighting Section for more info.

Gregj

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the videos I've been watching for new product installs (bulbs) have been on brand new JLs and JTs...and they wire in the resistors
pretty sure they have free returns on Amazon, I got the bulbs in 1 day too. So worth a try but I don’t think you will have any issue.

Sponsored

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Do you have color matched flares? If you do the OEM LED DRL's from the Overland and Rubicon will bolt and plug right in to your flares. They come up in the Member Marketplace here and the JL Forum very often for a decent price, about $200. You will need to Program the Jeep to eliminate the Hyper-flash and the bulb-out errors but that can be done with the JScan App for about $100. If you have Sport Flares with the one bulb there are other options for LED Turn Signals. Check over on the JL Forum in the Lighting Section for more info.

Gregj
Whoa wait...yeah I do have the color-matched flares on my Sport S JT. So you're saying I can just do an easy swap out with the OEM LED DRLs? Nice...now to find the link...

Thanks

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa wait...yeah I do have the color-matched flares on my Sport S JT. So you're saying I can just do an easy swap out with the OEM LED DRLs? Nice...now to find the link...

Thanks
Yes, the color matched flares are really Overland flares and have the two bulb setup. Just be careful when looking at the LED DRL's as many have the wiring harness cut off (for the High Line Mod). The harness is not available separately, some have built the harness but why not just get a complete set and avoid that hassle. The JL forum is linked at the top of the page, click on "Wrangler" and go to the Member Market Place. Happy Hunting!

Gregj

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Color-matched, Max Tow, and Rubicon/Mojave fenders all have the factory LED-capable space. The halogen version for these have two separate sections with a DRL and turn while others outside that subset have a single turn signal. They're a direct swap and include a harness that plugs in toward the rear top of the fender along the body line.

If you do the swap, I highly suggest ignoring the instructions that tell you to remove the inner fender and instead just yank the entire fender assembly. Much easier to do and you don't have to deal with the plastic rivets. Then it's just a quick settings change with an aftermarket tool or at your dealer and you're good to go.

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Yes, the color matched flares are really Overland flares and have the two bulb setup. Just be careful when looking at the LED DRL's as many have the wiring harness cut off (for the High Line Mod). The harness is not available separately, some have built the harness but why not just get a complete set and avoid that hassle. The JL forum is linked at the top of the page, click on "Wrangler" and go to the Member Market Place. Happy Hunting!

Gregj
Thanks a lot for your honest help. Any chance you can point me to the Mopar part#s? I found these: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...gnal-lamp-right-55112884af?c=cT01NTExMjg4NEFE but I think these aren't LED (and it's one side)

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot for your honest help. Any chance you can point me to the Mopar part#s? I found these: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...gnal-lamp-right-55112884af?c=cT01NTExMjg4NEFE but I think these aren't LED (and it's one side)
New OEM is pretty expensive. I put these on my wife’s Rubicon and she loves them. There were problems with them early on but they have them sorted out now.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/j...-drl-and-turn-signals-TURNS-JEEPJL?quantity=1

Here are some over on the JL Forum that sold recently, you just have to watch and jump on them when they come up.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlur-take-off-led-fender-flare-lights.60304/
Gregj
Sponsored