Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
On the new tri-folds they have actually added the support arms. Had to have my original one replaced due to hail damage.
Wonder if I complain to the dealer and say it’s missing if they will do “warranty” work on it. My hard tri fold does leak, so there’s that too.
Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
1. 3" Stubby antennae. Replaced with a 9" it does much better. I can pick up my local channel all the way to St. Augustine now.

2. Aftermarket Exhaust. Some of them are good I am sure, but our engines produce Drone below 2500 RPM. If your system isn't well designed, you will have to live with it in the RPM range for highway driving. Would make for a miserable road trip. I went OEX, had a drone from 1600 - 2500 RPM as loud as the stereo on 20. I then tried to replace the muffler itself with a Magnaflow. The Magnaflow was better and had great sound, but still had drone between 2100 and 2400 RPM. The drone was at the level of the stereo turned up to 13 at highway speeds. To permanently fix it will take a resonator of some sort. I removed it today and put the stock back on.

3. Roll up Tonneau. I am not a Tonneau person, the guy I bought my front bumper gave me a deal on it because it wouldn't work with his bed rack. It is still collecting dust in my garage.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Upgrading my radio to the 8.5 in screen. Only because I broke the am/fm antenna plug. It still works it's just knowing I broke something and down the road I'll have to replace it.

Sponsored

Elkhunter1948

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fly Fisherman/Elk Hunter
There was tree pollen in the air and once the liner was removed, the tree pollen attacked the film.
This was not noticed until the film was applied. The the microscopic pollen looked like big white circles under the protective film. We were in an enclosed garage, I think that a "Clean Room" would be the only way this film could be successfully applied. $200 in the trash.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design
Regret the nerf side steps, they got hung up first time off road, and the ends are open so they fill with mud.. replaced with Ace

Magnaflow exhaust, there was no improvement in sound, or it was a minor change. Replaced with Ace exhaust, I will put that up against any other exhaust for how good it sounds.

Mopar soft Tri fold cover. Replaced with an Aramis hard cover. I really like how it can mount upright for larger items.
Does your ace exhaust have drone between 1600 and 2500 RPM? Not to be insulting, but do you know the difference between exhaust note and drone? Some don't and think drone is the exhaust note.

Which ace exhaust system did you have?

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Does your ace exhaust have drone between 1600 and 2500 RPM? Not to be insulting, but do you know the difference between exhaust note and drone? Some don't and think drone is the exhaust note.

Which ace exhaust system did you have?
I do and no :) If you identify a drone and you have a tuner, you can tweak the shift point to deal with it :) If you don't have a tuner to do that, you can just shift to the next gear. I like using the tuner is there was one. They only have have one for the Gladiator with the interchangeable tips.

After writing this, I took a look and could not find it. I sent a message to them, once I get a response, I will be sure to respond.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design
I do and no :) If you identify a drone and you have a tuner, you can tweak the shift point to deal with it :) If you don't have a tuner to do that, you can just shift to the next gear. I like using the tuner is there was one. They only have have one for the Gladiator with the interchangeable tips.

After writing this, I took a look and could not find it. I sent a message to them, once I get a response, I will be sure to respond.
I have a manual transmission. I got one of these directly from the manufacturer that made them for ACE. I had horrible drone between 1800 and 2300 RPM. It actually started at 1600 when cold with the high idle going.

I was curious if you had encountered it and found a fix since you loved yours so much. I am probably less tolerant of drone than most, having done tuners for so long when I lived in Japan.

Not sure what exactly happened between ACE and their supplier. Both told me there was a metal supply issue which delayed ability to manufacture. Once they had the order manufactured, ACE never accepted the order so they are now selling them on ebay.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a manual transmission. I got one of these directly from the manufacturer that made them for ACE. I had horrible drone between 1800 and 2300 RPM. It actually started at 1600 when cold with the high idle going.

I was curious if you had encountered it and found a fix since you loved yours so much. I am probably less tolerant of drone than most, having done tuners for so long when I lived in Japan.

Not sure what exactly happened between ACE and their supplier. Both told me there was a metal supply issue which delayed ability to manufacture. Once they had the order manufactured, ACE never accepted the order so they are now selling them on ebay.
Nick got back to me and said they had problems with the supplier. Not sure how finished the product was or problems with the material received but that’s all I got. Too bad you’re not close, happy to meet up. For the time being it’s discontinued. But you can use the tuner (Tazer, rough country) to adjust.

Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can share the eBay post. I remember they had to get my order redone a few times because it came in incorrect..

Last edited:

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
I regret not getting the 8.4”. I thought I’d just save the money, but This would have been a worthwhile upgrade for me for the premium audio and built-in inverter.
same... my jeep is on a train and i am irked that i didn't do the full premium audio upgrade... i only did the alpine. oh well!

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
1. 3" Stubby antennae. Replaced with a 9" it does much better. I can pick up my local channel all the way to St. Augustine now.

2. Aftermarket Exhaust. Some of them are good I am sure, but our engines produce Drone below 2500 RPM. If your system isn't well designed, you will have to live with it in the RPM range for highway driving. Would make for a miserable road trip. I went OEX, had a drone from 1600 - 2500 RPM as loud as the stereo on 20. I then tried to replace the muffler itself with a Magnaflow. The Magnaflow was better and had great sound, but still had drone between 2100 and 2400 RPM. The drone was at the level of the stereo turned up to 13 at highway speeds. To permanently fix it will take a resonator of some sort. I removed it today and put the stock back on.

3. Roll up Tonneau. I am not a Tonneau person, the guy I bought my front bumper gave me a deal on it because it wouldn't work with his bed rack. It is still collecting dust in my garage.
I like my tonneau just got it not long ago and it's awesome to have around during transition months. I use it to put my freedom panels in the bag when I take them off and bring them with me. I find it especially useful for days like today when we didn't forecast rain before I left the house but it started to sprinkle after I got to work for a few hours. I can just go back out there, roll it up, and put my panels back on :) They are secure back there and I don't have to worry about them getting nicked.
Sponsored