First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I have one of those covers. Haven't used it on the JT yet, but had them and used them a lot on my JKs before I got the Gladiator.
Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Anyone tried the Bestop weather top? I've been eyeballing that one.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Ok, I'm going to jump in here as a noob and ask the question...
I love to remove my freedom tops. But they take up space in the back seat. I don't want to leave them at home.

I would love to remove the tops and doors on a nice sunny day. But again, living in Missouri, weather changes on a dime sometimes. I would hate to be away from home, tops off, doors off, and BAM here comes the rain.

What is the cover you're talking about? Is it kept in the rear bed or something, and you can toss on in a rainstorm?
It won't help with the doors, but once April hits here in Michigan, I put my Bestop Sunrider Top in for the freedom panels and they stay in until October.

Last edited:

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
It won't help with the doors, but once April hits here in Michigan, I but my Bestop Sunrider Top in for the freedom panels and they stay in until October.
You have a link this this top? Someone at the Midwest Jeepthing club meeting mentioned one of these...I'd like to see one.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a link this this top? Someone at the Midwest Jeepthing club meeting mentioned one of these...I'd like to see one.
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hard-top-jljt/

Honestly, and I've done many mods, this would be #1 on my list. I could put the freedom tops away, not get caught in the rain, don't have to worry about where to store the tops if I had them out. I ride a motorcycle so I'm fine with getting caught in the rain, but my wife is not, lol. The only time I remove the sunrider top is July-August when we have a dry spell and I remove the entire roof...

Same top for JT and JL but check the link.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I tried a Bestop for my JK, and hated it. Worst of both worlds as far as noise/heat, and smelled simply HORRIBLE. It's a smell some people don't care about, and others really hate. I'm just glad that I got a stupid good deal and sold it for more.

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I tried a Bestop for my JK, and hated it. Worst of both worlds as far as noise/heat, and smelled simply HORRIBLE. It's a smell some people don't care about, and others really hate. I'm just glad that I got a stupid good deal and sold it for more.
Not sure I get all the love either.

I have Hothead headliners and they do make a difference in both the winter and summer. Not sure I'd want to lose that.

I try to go full topless whenever I can (built a hoist and full top is off in 12 minutes). This seems like more hassle than just having to remove the front freedom tops each time I want to go full topless.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No odd smell for me and unfortunately the first one did not fit correctly so they provided another. So I went through two and no odors. Am I'm sensitive to odors. As far as noise, between my exhaust and tires, it's all noisy. It's quiter with the freedom tops on of course. But I normally had windows open when that is on and I can't say it is more or less noisy with the windows open.

Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure I get all the love either.

I have Hothead headliners and they do make a difference in both the winter and summer. Not sure I'd want to lose that.

I try to go full topless whenever I can (built a hoist and full top is off in 12 minutes). This seems like more hassle than just having to remove the front freedom tops each time I want to go full topless.
I'm in Macomb also so we should catch up if you wanted to check out the top.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Bought a Mojave for the suspension and loved the look with 33. Everyone here recommend 35 on a stock Mojave. So got the Toyo's AT3 in 35. Once mounted on the stock rims, didn't care for the reduced clearance, the ride went south along with the gas mileage. Had rubbing on frost heaves. and the jeep just didn't perform like stock. Back on 33! Everyone has their options.
Really happy to read this. I agree with all of your reasons to go back to 33's. I am only 1k miles into my Mojave on the factory 33 MT's, and thought about going up a size eventually. My plan has been to to drive the stock tires until needing replacement. If during my off road adventures I don't have any clearance issues on the stock tires, then I don't need bigger tires.

I love driving my Mojave, exactly the way it came off the line. I love the stock clearance, performance, and especially the suspension and the on and off road handling.

Peace Jeeper's ✌

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'm in Macomb also so we should catch up if you wanted to check out the top.
Small world...

Do you go full topless sometimes?

If so, how much longer does it take to remove and put back sunrider top compared to freedom panels?

Thanks

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small world...

Do you go full topless sometimes?

If so, how much longer does it take to remove and put back sunrider top compared to freedom panels?

Thanks
Oh yes!!! I installed a hoist in the garage so I can do it by myself. It’s can’t be but 5 mins more honestly. Just because I take my time lifting it off so not to scratch anything. Normally July and August I go topless for an extended period of time. And dodge any rain...
Sponsored