Sponsored

Mojave 392 musings 😂

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
37s from the factory on the ‘22 Raptor!!
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I'll pass on an electric Gladiator. Charging stations are too far and few between, charging times too long, and reliability too unproven to go where the tow truck can't get to.
I'm sure you probably overlooked it but it's that tiny peloton looking thing stored under the back seat. Per the press release it's so you can charge up out in the boonies, so thew real question is, how many watts can you develop? :CWL:

On the general cost topic, pricing has been on a steady climb as manufacturers have come on board with offering a shimmering instagram chariot for the "influencers" and taste makers. It doesn't matter how much it costs because the manufacturers have them caught in an endless lease loop cycle. They will pimp whatever the new hotness is and then pivot to the next new hotness is. They play the same game with the rest of us. To be brutally honest, the last thing they want is for us to actually BUY the damn things, where will the cash flow come from then?

The Raptor, the TRX, 392 Wrangler, Gladiator with a Cummins... the new Grand Wagoneer breaks clean over 100k... for what? The out the door price is the last thing they want to tell you or talk about. And because of this they shovel all kinda of costs in. How much are they going to charge me to drive 30 minutes on battery? Big whoop, 30ish mile range sounds great, at first until you realize how little it is and it's all affected by speed, load, traffic and driving style. I sold my last TDi because I was no longer doing hours of highway cruising at steady speeds a week, I wasn't using the tool in a way the justified the costs. Side note, a rubicon didn't solve any problems but it created new opportunities.

I'd put 60k down on the table to be able to a la carte the build I want and not be back doored into buying things I don't want or need just to get things I do. A stripper with a V8, soft half doors and a 2 door long bed option for those that want it. If we aren't gonna get a new Dakota at least give us that. Enough ranting though.

To the OP, a V8 in the Mojave doesn't sound like it should be a technical stretch after the 392 and again, with no 318/360 Dakota coming, the hole exists.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
New raptor has a V8
2021 New Raptor has the same V6 with some induction and exhaust changes. For 2022 they will have a Raptor R with a V8, most likely out of the GT500.

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
The starting price of a TRX ($69,995) is less than at 392 wrangler ( $73,500). No way the Gladiator ends up less. TRX is a much better buy than a V8 Gladiator will ever be.
Tell me where you can buy a TRX for $69995. No where.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You can’t even find a Wrangler 392 for $75,000 anyway. Most dealers are adding hefty markups.

For $85,000, I might as well buy the new Grand Wagoneer: comes standard with the 392 HEMI, air suspension, a stunningly gorgeous interior, seating for seven and can tow 10,000 lbs.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
2021 New Raptor has the same V6 with some induction and exhaust changes. For 2022 they will have a Raptor R with a V8, most likely out of the GT500.
Right - the new raptor has a V8.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
latest?cb=20150805201551.jpg

Sponsored

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't being a Grammar Nazi. I promise. The meaning is completely different without the comma. I think what I typed was what he meant. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

Lin.

Last edited:

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Plug in hybrids.

1. Yes you can drive on battery alone. though a short distance can often be enough to use gasoline at all that day.....drop the kids off, come home, plug it back in, or drive to work and plug in there if needed.

2. The gas milage on a hybrid will frequently be near 50MPG (Like the wrangler 4xe)...depending on load and how you drive. Thats the big savings.

3. You now have a tank that can get you 600-700 miles before needing to put more gasoline in it. That more than halves the fuel cost on the gladiator

4. to optimize your MPG, charge the thing at night so you have the full battery available to you in the AM....the system works best when battery is fully charged versus being charged on the road.

5. You pick what mode to drive in . battery only. Hybrid. ICE only (not all hybrids give ICE only option) If you deplete

6. Lots more torque. forget turbo or supercharger. This is an instant extra 100+ lb torque that can be electronically controlled. That simply can not be replicated by an ICE motor alone

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I want being a Grammar Nazi.i promise. The meaning is completely different without the comma. I think what I typed was what he meant. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

Lin.
To be very fair, this image is misspelled.

Also, what I think they were trying to say was, to paraphrase; "But not every 2022 Raptor will be the Raptor R!"

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I want being a Grammar Nazi.i promise. The meaning is completely different without the comma. I think what I typed was what he meant. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

Lin.
I don't think the sentence works without da commah.
Yes. I think you are right.
at the end of the day the point was: the raptor does not come with a V8 unless it's the R spec which arrives a year later than the rest of the new raptors..... by that time the 393 Mojave has been announced or a Hellcat special edition
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac