www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
So what did the chart say you needed?
OEM Rubi rims are 44 offset with 6" of back spacing. I'm looking for rims 8" wide, backspacing of 5" which 12 offset. A 9" rim with 5" of back spacing would have a offset of 0.

You said you have 18 offset. An 8" rim would have 5.25" backspace. A 9" rim would have 5.75" backspacing.

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Thats a really bad idea if you plan to use 4 wheel drive, or do more than limp very slowly out of harms way to wait for help. Youā€™ll cook your differential if you drive at speed with different size tires.
I was told the same thing when dealing with my spare. I need 5 tires the same to get ORV permits for the dunes/beaches.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
I have a non lifted Mojave on 37x13.5x20 Toyo Open country MTā€™sā€¦ not sure what my offset is, but itā€™s significant, as my wheels stick out a good 4-6 inches past the fenders. Looks awesome, however my tires weigh 91 lbs each, so Iā€™m getting 10 mpg. You really have to consider tread pattern, and tire/wheel weight if youā€™re concerned about MPG. Iā€™m tossing on 35x12.5x20ā€™s soon in an AT tire to hopefully get some ride quality and MPG back. The 37ā€™s look awesome, but Iā€™ve been daily driving my Mojave and I need to make some sacrifices for real world usability. Selling my lightly used 37ā€™s in Pennsylvania if anyone wants them.

70DC239C-FFAF-42F6-AC0D-BB1551EAB754.jpeg

392E0782-42E5-4039-AF84-F5BE3C5DD45C.jpeg

E2665964-C939-4426-B10F-5057AA46D01C.jpeg
20" wheels?
Wondering why they look so big... lol thought they were 17"

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Where did you see that up to 2ā€ is allowed? I was always told they couldnā€™t stick out at all when getting my yearly inspection
lol, we are both wrong. Apparently there is no spec. This is the rules the state inspector goes by while doing the MA state safety inspection portion of the sticker.

Also here is the link in case you want to check it out further.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/09/27/540cmr4.pdf

(11) Tires. (a) A Certificate of Rejection shall be issued to any vehicle submitted for inspection with a tire which exhibits any of the following conditions: 1. Fabric break or cut in excess of one inch; bump or knot evidencing deterioration of the tire structure; or any ply or cord structure visible. 2. For tires without tread wear indicators: Measurement taken with tread depth gauge 2 reveals less than /32 inch of tread depth is present in any original tread groove. 3. For tires with tread depth indicators: Tire is worn so that any tread wear indicator contacts the road. st st 4. Studded tires between May 1 and November 1 unless approved by the Registrar. 5. Restricted markings indicating usage limited to any condition other than permanent highway use.

540 CMR: REGISTRY OF MOTOR VEHICLES 4.04: continued 6. Radial ply tire(s) on the same axle with non-radial tire(s); Radial tire(s) on the front axle with non-radial tire(s) on the rear axle (Exception: Vehicles equipped with dual rear wheels may have radial and non-radial tires on any axle provided they are not intermixed on the same axle). 7. Tire size shall be the same on each side of the front and/or rear axle. Tire size may be different between front and rear axles as determined by vehicle manufacturer. (b) Wheels, Wheel Bolts, Nuts or Lugs. A Certificate of Rejection shall be issued to any vehicle submitted for inspection which exhibits any of the following conditions: 1. Any part of any mounted wheel is bent, cracked, rewelded, damaged or has elongated bolt holes which may affect safe operation of the vehicle. 2. Wheel bolts, nuts, studs or lugs are loose, missing, damaged or are not compatible for use with wheel design.