First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
UPS
I had the same problem. I installed the Ruggedridge folding tonneau. What should have taken a half hour took almost three.
Sponsored

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
I had the same problem. I installed the Ruggedridge folding tonneau. What should have taken a half hour took almost three.
How did you end up installing the cover?
any pictures/tips to share?

what is your build date and MDH?

I hope that a new set of brackets will be made, if it was two circular holes we probably could have gotten away with just using 4 well nuts, but now I’m curious as to why they put hex hole on top, kinda reminds me of the old woody wood pecker cartoons forcing shapes into a different hole sizes lol.

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Interesting change, that's going to make it difficult for some items to be installed

My 2020 Mojave has the lower threaded hole
i-jXhkStz-L.jpg
Thanks for checking and replying, yes it will be interesting for after market vendors.

I hope this will be communicated widely some how so customers don’t buy a cover and or bed accessories that require those holes and threading and scratch their heads, and vendors won’t be scratching their heads too, and think we are crazy:headbang::CWL:

hmmm - How we can ask for a sticky thread to let new perspective JT owners to look out for this subtle difference in case they want to install an after factory, after market cover/bed Accessories.

Btw, what is your build date and mdh?

GobiJT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
UPS
It's basically insalled like the instructions say. I went to the hardware store and bought locknuts and washers that fit the bolts. The locknuts and washers went where
jeep was supposed to weld the nuts. Trying to get the washers and nuts between the cab and bed is what took so long. Then you have to get a wrench on it. Major pain!

How did you end up installing the cover?
any pictures/tips to share?

what is your build date and MDH?

I hope that a new set of brackets will be made, if it was two circular holes we probably could have gotten away with just using 4 well nuts, but now I’m curious as to why they put hex hole on top, kinda reminds me of the old woody wood pecker cartoons forcing shapes into a different hole sizes lol.

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
Yeh I’ve tried it every which way, holding the esc or offrosd+ buttons, holding the lock button, nothing works except 4L.

ive looked through the options listed on the spec sheet 1,000 times and can’t figure out why it would be higher. The Mojave all come with the cooling relocation and class 4 hitch, mine also says trailer sway control, but i have no idea whst that means. Salesman and the dealer didn’t know why either, but assured me this was specific to my vehicle vin

59E585DC-A21E-4939-B392-F5F52C911C81.png
Mine didn’t come with a class 4 hitch.

Sponsored

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
It's basically insalled like the instructions say. I went to the hardware store and bought locknuts and washers that fit the bolts. The locknuts and washers went where
jeep was supposed to weld the nuts. Trying to get the washers and nuts between the cab and bed is what took so long. Then you have to get a wrench on it. Major pain!
Thanks for the reply, I see/understand what you did, I thought about doing that too, but my hands and fingers are not quite narrow/slim/long enough to squeeze/fit in between the cab and bed to hold nuts/bolts and the angle to get a open end wrench or socket wrench in is basically a no go, yeah that sounds like a PITA, plus I don't want to scratch up the paint between the bed and the cab, I will get even more upset!! I hope they come up with a new bracket or well nuts that are hex shaped, if that even exits!

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
So, just getting around to snapping a couple of pics... picked my Mojave up last week. After driving a 2015 JKR for 4 years - this beauty is a Cadillac. Less than 300 miles on it so far, so still breaking in but wow what a truck! I can't believe the difference in the suspension on this thing! Doubt I'll ever lift it. Sooner than later it'll get 35's and wheels, got a tri-fold cover ordered and popping in the Jeep floormats, and a stubby antenna (can't stand the long whip.) The light gray leather is perfect with the white exterior I think, we'll see how well it holds up. :)

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

InkedIMG_0395_LI.jpg

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
So, just getting around to snapping a couple of pics... picked my Mojave up last week. After driving a 2015 JKR for 4 years - this beauty is a Cadillac. Less than 300 miles on it so far, so still breaking in but wow what a truck! I can't believe the difference in the suspension on this thing! Doubt I'll ever lift it. Sooner than later it'll get 35's and wheels, got a tri-fold cover ordered and popping in the Jeep floormats, and a stubby antenna (can't stand the long whip.) The light gray leather is perfect with the white exterior I think, we'll see how well it holds up. :)

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club InkedIMG_0395_LI

looks great, I should get one too :CWL:

Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Happy to be here with my Mojave brothers.

I've just mounted Black Rhino Armory Wheels wrapped in 35" Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3 Tires.

I have a Steel Bumper from one of my JL Rubicons and wasn't to mount it on the Mojave. I understand there is a fitment issue due to the Mojave Skid Plate placement because of the Shock Reservoir. Can anyone weigh-in here?

I am planning to mount my ARB Dual Air Compressor in the bed. What experience with Molle Storage Panels can anyone share?

I am also thinking about changing my paint matching Fenders and going black. This makes more sense to me offroad and on the trail. I'm thinking about the Rugged Ridge Max Clearance or a set of Mopar High Clearance.

IMG_0074.jpeg

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Hey JTMers, I went to go and install my new Rugged Ridge bed cover today, but the bulkhead vertical holes (furthest left and right) where the bottom one is supposed to be threaded, is not? Can one you guys check your Mojave to see if you have threading on the bottom hole of the bulkhead, I wouldn't think that it's because it is the Mojave trim!?!?

My JTM is new off the lot, with a Build Date of 8-2020

Thanks!
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club IMG_0074

You might try installing a "Nutsert" into those holes, to make them threaded holes. I use this tool for adding threaded holes to sheetmetal. There are videos on YouTube showing how it works.

https://www.amazon.com/rivet-thread-Riveter-blind-Rivnuts/dp/B00RCPVLKE/

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine a few weeks back. The Mojave is re-branded to SandRunner in our region. My First upgrades were the Rubicon Steel bumper + the winch guard and the Mopar functional beadlocks and i also installed the 850 Watts fan that comes with the towing package and the black grill.

Next up are the 2" spacer with lower arms + shock extension, 35" tires and the highline fenders from Mopar.

Still got a 2019 JLU Sahara Skyone that the wife took ownership of now and in comparison i relay prefer the JT in all aspects to the JLU.

The color was not my first choice but i still love it..

Are the sport s max tow fenders an option or did you swap them out?

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon

FULL WHITE JEEP :involve:, looks like a Creamsicle. Haha.

Kaumajet

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Retired helicopter pilot / test pilot / accident investigator
Hey JTMers, I went to go and install my new Rugged Ridge bed cover today, but the bulkhead vertical holes (furthest left and right) where the bottom one is supposed to be threaded, is not? Can one you guys check your Mojave to see if you have threading on the bottom hole of the bulkhead, I wouldn't think that it's because it is the Mojave trim!?!?

My JTM is new off the lot, with a Build Date of 8-2020

Thanks!

I think if you have the factory tonneau, there are nuts welded in this area. If not, you need to use a nutsert (as someone else mentioned). It's the same on the back side of the bed when you install the Trail Rails — you must install a nutsert on either side of the tailgate.
Sponsored