First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Occupation
International Art Thief
I'm looking to replace the OEM bumper on my Mojave. I'm running into some issues with different manufacturers.

Addictive Desert Designs won't work with the stock skidplate (I believe is what they said) and their skidplate won't fit on the Mojave. Fab Fours requires some modifications to the stock skidplate, they don't have a skidplate to sell and don't know how it would work with an aftermarket skidplate.

Has anyone had these issues and found a solution or have other suggestions to offer? Thanks.
Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
tbh the skid is pretty low hanging and some bumpers like addiction cut the bumper in earlier so it doubles as both. Personally I wish i hadn't gone steel with my mojave. I got a rugged ridge cus it was cheap and just wanted to mount my winch. Mojave suspension is very soft and hanging that much extra weight of the nose kinda ride funky especially with no weight in the rear. I've added a 3/4 spacer up front to fix my ride height. though i would still like and recommend a aluminum bumper. I'm considering pull the trigger on a aluminum version of the mopar modular bumper. i don't remember the brand tho. I'm also investing in aluminum skid plates. The Mojave isn't the best truck to just throw steel armor on as i have learned. The shocks are great and manage well. The springs compress easily and ride rough as its almost always engaging the second rate with extra weight. at least thats how it feels. i added 160lbs to the front i believe, id like to get it under 100.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
You can buy the brackets for the Rubicon steel skid plate. A lit of aftermarket skid plates work with those brackets.
I put a Rubicon steel front bumper and steel skid plate on my Mojave. I just needed to replace those brackets. I think they were like $40

obsessedjeepgirl

First Name
Reggye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 YJ, 05 TJ, 14 JKU
Occupation
Fabrication shop
Check out KrashFab.com for bumpers. He builds an awesome bumper and is a fabricator so it's not a problem to fit any jeep.

Sponsored