Sponsored

Mopar Aux Switch Installation

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Getting through that grommet was tremendously challenging. The grommet felt like a solid puck of rubber, that gripped anything I tried to pierce it with. Bending down in that footwell, looking up, and trying to both pierce horizontally while only angling vertically... oof. I ultimately used a coat hanger to pierce the grommet, make a hook with pliers in the engine bay, and then yank it back through.

Good luck...
Sponsored

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
Does anyone know the part number for left side cubby hole, that you need when the Aux switches are installed on the right side?

rm1515

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
I used a small razor knife and cut a slit in the inside and then had no problem getting it through the grommet.

My problem is that I can’t seem to get the switches to work now that they are installed. I used a jscan to turn them on and can see them in the radio. I have also taken everything apart two times to make sure my wiring is correct. Everything seems good. I replaced the 5 amp fuse to make sure that wasn’t the problem. Anything that I missed?

My auto stop start is not working right now with the error on the dash. Maybe that is it?

Sponsored

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
I used a small razor knife and cut a slit in the inside and then had no problem getting it through the grommet.

My problem is that I can’t seem to get the switches to work now that they are installed. I used a jscan to turn them on and can see them in the radio. I have also taken everything apart two times to make sure my wiring is correct. Everything seems good. I replaced the 5 amp fuse to make sure that wasn’t the problem. Anything that I missed?

My auto stop start is not working right now with the error on the dash. Maybe that is it?
battery will usually not allow aux to work if your stop start system is not working, due to that likely being the bs motorcycle battery failing.

rm1515

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
battery will usually not allow aux to work if your stop start system is not working, due to that likely being the bs motorcycle battery failing.
It ended up being the orange wire in the footwell causing my problem. They are working fine now.
Sponsored