Mopar Cabin Air Filter For Diesel

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
As a heads up for anyone looking to replace their cabin air filter on the diesel, it appears even Mopar doesn't know which part it takes.

I ordered the following part for my 2022 JTRD and when I popped out the old filter it was substantially bigger than the one I received. At first, I thought I somehow ordered the wrong one, but sure enough, when I looked it up it does indeed say it is the correct fit.

Diesel version (INCORRECT):
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cabin-air-filter-68364653aa

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Cabin Air Filter For Diesel 1663956299844

I'm guessing our diesels do in fact use the same filter as the gas (not sure why it would be different), but Mopar hasn't figured that one out yet. I sent a note to Benny (@AllMoparParts.com) to confirm.

Gas:
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cabin-air-filter-68301863aa

Side by side of new and old filter:

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Cabin Air Filter For Diesel Filter 2

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Cabin Air Filter For Diesel Filter 1
Sponsored

OP
OP

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Might look at bit harder, you should have two of those smaller filters. I ordered replacements from Amazon and received large ones. Had to squeeze it to get it to fit in the hole, but it fit.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Might look at bit harder, you should have two of those smaller filters. I ordered replacements from Amazon and received large ones. Had to squeeze it to get it to fit in the hole, but it fit.

What your saying may make sense however the Gas filter should have fit then just the same.

What I saw was that based on @Almost VIN the housing is the same as used on a gas engine which was puzzling as I assumed it should be using a different part number specific for the Diesel but upon checking earlier and later years without any VIN filtering the U.S spec vehicles do infact use the same housings.

So if were saying the housing are the same then the gas filter should be the exact size of x2 diesel filters correct?

- Benny

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
What your saying may make sense however the Gas filter should have fit then just the same.

What I saw was that based on @Almost VIN the housing is the same as used on a gas engine which was puzzling as I assumed it should be using a different part number specific for the Diesel but upon checking earlier and later years without any VIN filtering the U.S spec vehicles do infact use the same housings.

So if were saying the housing are the same then the gas filter should be the exact size of x2 diesel filters correct?

- Benny

It makes sense that everything inside the cabin SHOULD be the same across the board. That way after a certain point on the line(s) all assembly and parts would be the same.

BigG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Papermaker
I have a ‘21 diesel. I checked my cabin filter for the first time the other day and there were two filters side by side.

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Yes, once the access cover is removed, you extract the first filter. Then you slide the second one over and pull it out. A single large filter will work provided it's flexible enough to be compressed to fit into the opening, I was able to do this with the one I bought.

Word of advice, pay the money and get the factory units.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I have a ‘21 diesel. I checked my cabin filter for the first time the other day and there were two filters side by side.
Yes, once the access cover is removed, you extract the first filter. Then you slide the second one over and pull it out. A single large filter will work provided it's flexible enough to be compressed to fit into the opening, I was able to do this with the one I bought.

Word of advice, pay the money and get the factory units.

There is enough room in a 3.6 for the two smaller filters too, K&N offers their cabin filters for the JT this way.

Yes, the MOPAR/Wix filter is EXTREMELY flexible, can be squeezed to about 1" - 1-1/2" wide.

Word of advice, Wix MAKES the OEM filter and labels it MOPAR, no need to pay more if you can find a Wix cheaper.

BigG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Papermaker
Good to know!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Word of advice, Wix MAKES the OEM filter and labels it MOPAR, no need to pay more if you can find a Wix cheaper.
Interestingly enough, the "diesel" version that is half the size is actually made by Mann filter. It also appears to have charcoal in it which is why it has a darker appearance to absorb odors.

I had Benny add another diesel filter to my order along with the "gas" version so I have both to test. The "gas" version is definitely cheaper that is for sure and I'm more a fan of the one-piece design, but I would prefer it to be charcoal activated as well.

Last edited:

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
Bump for anyone researching replacing cabin filter.. Sitting here with a filter that only fills half the box.. So any confirmation on the gas one being a direct fit? Assume i will go ahead and buy a second of the one i have but for future i may just go with the single if it works.

OP
OP

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Bump for anyone researching replacing cabin filter.. Sitting here with a filter that only fills half the box.. So any confirmation on the gas one being a direct fit? Assume i will go ahead and buy a second of the one i have but for future i may just go with the single if it works.
Confirming they're interchangeable. If you go with the Diesel version you need to buy two, if you buy the gas one you only need one. Only difference between size for the OEM version is the diesel is charcoal activated to pull smells. Both made by MANN Filter.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
I could have sworn (may be wrong, many beers ago) that I saw something posted by a reliable Jeep resource the that the diesel used a different filter that had something to do with extra filtering for the possible fumes a diesel could produce. Again, it was many beers ago, so I may be wrong.

When I needed a new one, I just ran to my local dealer and they looked it up and handed me a new, single-filter unit. Not two smaller ones.
Sponsored