First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
self Imployed
Cant decide. I have the Trail Rail tie down system and a roll up tonneau cover. The voodoo sits up lil higher so i could still use tonneau cover but I like the low profile of the Mopar Rail. Both say they connect to the trail rail, but I would like to know how quick are they to remove? If the Mopar is simple to remove i would just get it. I would be using the rails to haul bikes around. Any thoughts or suggestions.?
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
The kbvoodoo is misleading, on the tonneau compatibility. It is still too low to roll up the mopar tonneau underneath it. If there is no internal stiffeners to your tonneau, you might be able to roll it up.

Also, quality is poor. The bends in each bracket were all different. I had to press them in to the same position. Also seeing a lot of surface rust through the coating, so that isn’t very good either.
Not to mention the guy that runs the operation is an absolute jerk.

OP
OP

haroldmcabee

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
self Imployed
The kbvoodoo is misleading, on the tonneau compatibility. It is still too low to roll up the mopar tonneau underneath it. If there is no internal stiffeners to your tonneau, you might be able to roll it up.

Also, quality is poor. The bends in each bracket were all different. I had to press them in to the same position. Also seeing a lot of surface rust through the coating, so that isn’t very good either.
good to know. Im now looking at this Rocky Mountain LoBall Bike hauler. Looks like might be way to go except tailgate seems to not shut all the way.

OP
OP

haroldmcabee

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
self Imployed
good to know. Im now looking at this Rocky Mountain LoBall Bike hauler. Looks like might be way to go except tailgate seems to not shut all the way.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow

You're 100% sure that you can't roll up the mopar cover with the bars on?

Sponsored

Spokes03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR GCM
https://billiebars.com/collections/billie-bars/products/billiebars-jeep-gladiator

Went with these. That's my JT in the first pic on their website. They've been great for carrying my bikes around and just bought a rooftop tent to mount to them as well. You can slide the Mopar cover under the first bar then roll up to the second bar. They're also really easy to remove if you ever need to use the full bed.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
https://billiebars.com/collections/billie-bars/products/billiebars-jeep-gladiator

Went with these. That's my JT in the first pic on their website. They've been great for carrying my bikes around and just bought a rooftop tent to mount to them as well. You can slide the Mopar cover under the first bar then roll up to the second bar. They're also really easy to remove if you ever need to use the full bed.
These look exactly the same as Voodoo. I would be more than happy to not give voodoo my money. Are they anodized or powder coated? Can roll your cover right up? Any pics?

Edit. After looking at these a little further these are actually much better than the voodoo. Made from a solid piece of aluminum. Reviews on the Tacoma site are very good.

Last edited:

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
You're 100% sure that you can't roll up the mopar cover with the bars on?
You can’t roll the the mopar cover up under the bars, bye to the rigid bars underneath. It makes it roll up in an oblong shape that is to high on the long axis. You can slide it underneath the bar, then roll it up some, then slide it under the next bar and resume rolling, but it is a pain and puts creases in the seal. If the cross bars were 1.5” taller, wouldn’t be a problem.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
You can’t roll the the mopar cover up under the bars, bye to the rigid bars underneath. It makes it roll up in an oblong shape that is to high on the long axis. You can slide it underneath the bar, then roll it up some, then slide it under the next bar and resume rolling, but it is a pain and puts creases in the seal. If the cross bars were 1.5” taller, wouldn’t be a problem.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I just ordered the BillieBars. I probably won't be rolling up the cover all that frequently so if its painful but is possible that will work fine for me.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I wish it was about 1” taller. I can roll my Tygar cover, but it does take a bit of finagling. I didn’t have any QC issues with mine, but that last sentence is true. 🤣🤣

I asked him once if he had any suggestions for companies that made mounts that work with his racks since I wanted to put on a bike rack, etc. He simply replied, “Hardware stores. Nuts and bolts”. WTf dude. Really?!

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR

I bit and ordered these yesterday, more expensive than KBVoodoo setup but they look to be better quality and they have added a side Molle panel option. Mine will be for bikes and maybe a a cargo box when traveling. The shipping is very expensive.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Price with shipping ended up cheaper than Voodoo with the 10% off. Shipping was $50 cheaper to Canada.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I have the voodoo bars and they work with my access tonneau. I have no complaints regarding the voodoo set up but the billybars do look more substantial. It looks the the billy bars are the way to go but I can see one glaring downside for me...they are not quickly removable without tools. The knobs on my voodoo rack make taking the crossbars off very simple and quick. If you use the bed a lot, which I do, this is an important function.

OP
OP

haroldmcabee

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
self Imployed
I bit and ordered these yesterday, more expensive than KBVoodoo setup but they look to be better quality and they have added a side Molle panel option. Mine will be for bikes and maybe a a cargo box when traveling. The shipping is very expensive.
Let me know what you think when they come.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I have the KBVoodoo rails also. It is a pain to roll the factory cover up, but can be done. As others have said, 1.5 inches higher would be awesom.

I have thought about adding hinges and gas struts to the KB bars so that they can be tilted up and out of the way for easier access.
Sponsored