Sponsored

Mopar tri fold hard bed cover

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Anyone have one? I just installed mine this morning. Fit and finish are wonderful. If you're interested in getting one and installing it yourself you need to do a couple things. There are 2 bolts that go into the front of the bed. You're supposed to clean them out. You actually need to run a tap through them as not only is there bedliner material in there, the holes aren't threaded all the way through. Those holes are a standard thread. On the rear of the truck there are 4 threaded inserts that are used. The bolts that go there are hard to reach so you need to run those threads too. In their infinite wisdom they decided to use metric threads there as opposed to standard threads like they did in the front. If you take your time and do it by yourself you should have it installed in about 2 hours. I could have done it faster but was in no hurry. Holler if anyone has any questions.

20200417_105500.jpg
Sponsored

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Do you need the trail rail system for this cover? I was going to buy the Rugged Ridge Armis, but then I found out you needed the TRS...which is another $370!

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
I bought the same cover for my Gladiator and am very happy with it. It was a bit of trouble as you said to clear out the bed liner material. The only thing I don't like about it is when the cover is folded down you have less than 16 inches of vertical clearance which is not enough for most ice chests.

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I had one of these and hated the bolts through the front of the bed...what a pain. Also, the amount of space you lose with this tri-fold was too much. Changing to a Bak 4 Revolver...much better and more flush...looks better & more functional.

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
Do you need the trail rail system for this cover? I was going to buy the Rugged Ridge Armis, but then I found out you needed the TRS...which is another $370!
I have that cover with linex on mine without the TRS. Mounts to the bed rails not a TRS

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same cover and with the Bedliner material it seems to be just a tad too long to the tailgate, but may have some adjustment.

Bruce

OP
OP

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I didn't have to buy anything extra and have a standard bed. No extras but the factory bedliner.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I do. My only complaint is that it doesnt have cover struts like the rugged ridge one does. The mopar one needs to sit against the glass of the top when opened all the way. Ive remedied this for now with some foam on the part that contacts the glass. But im trying to figure out some way to add struts to hold it up.

husker_fan

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado,suburban,grand cherokee
Anyone figured out a way to hold it up? I love the cover, but that holding it against the glass is not ideal.

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
I have this one also. How is yours with leaking? I have a small leak in the rear of the bed on drivers side. It’s not a lot of water but it bothers me that it is there. I also can close it with the tailgate closed, I have to close it then the tailgate. I adjusted it several times but this seems to be the best fit I can get.

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I do. My only complaint is that it doesnt have cover struts like the rugged ridge one does. The mopar one needs to sit against the glass of the top when opened all the way. Ive remedied this for now with some foam on the part that contacts the glass. But im trying to figure out some way to add struts to hold it up.
Yes indeed, I'd also like to add some struts.

Tracking thread for future updates

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Mine does not leak, but what is this? Tube coming down from the front top of tonneau goes into bed. Both driver's and passenger's side. Looks like would be for something electric. Doesn't go to any thing. Is it some sort of drain line? To divert rain?

IMG_20210417_1558225_rewind.jpg

Cobraj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
computer field service
just installed an Undercover flex. so far so good doesn't leak and looks good.

20210331_161359.jpg

Cobraj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
computer field service
Mine does not leak, but what is this? Tube coming down from the front top of tonneau goes into bed. Both driver's and passenger's side. Looks like would be for something electric. Doesn't go to any thing. Is it some sort of drain line? To divert rain?

Jeep Gladiator Mopar tri fold hard bed cover 20210331_161359
drainage tube