Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You are also lifting a 40 pound jack off mounts on the hood and risk a drop onto the paint on the cowl or hood......the base is where 75% of the weight is so you have to remove it from the right and be careful to clear the vehicle sheet metal lifting it off.
Low and away from paint for me.
I could just see myself with wet, cold hands, slippery ground, trying to be careful on uneven footing. It isn't going to be needed on a smooth flat surface in dry warm weather.
Just my opinions and thinking - looks tough, looks cool, but I am more for practical in that regard I guess. It's just me. Having had a made in USA very well-built jack for decades, I know what happens when you leave them out in a rain - forget to move it inside after use. Do keep the pins oiled up. Dirt, road dust, etc. all make them stick. That's an issue no matter where you have it unless in the bed or in the cab behind the seats. I have to oil mine every other use or so.
Sponsored

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
LOL I know I am just going to mount it and see how it looks. I doubt I would ever remove it and use it hahaha. I just like the rugged look of it, I know I know it is poser-ish I guess...

Actually, I saw the ARB hydraulic jack and I would use that looks a lot easier but also $$. I am going to buy that one for sure down the line...
I am of the same mind, it is pricey but I need to replace my old jack and why pay twice.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a light-weight hydraulic jack and should do what you want......... and it's very adjustable. But it won't lift as high as the farm handy-man jack will.
But it's a fraction of the weight - I can lift it off the wall with one hand - can't do that any more with my handy-man jack.

My boss from the old AMC dealership shop I worked in gave this to me when he was forced to retire (along with most of the Kent-Moore/AMC tools he still had left from those days)
I don't know where he got it, how long he had it, etc. - but was thinking of restoring it and either keeping it for display - or rigging it in the JT somehow.

antique-hydraulic-jack.jpg

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Here is a light-weight hydraulic jack and should do what you want......... and it's very adjustable. But it won't lift as high as the farm handy-man jack will.
But it's a fraction of the weight - I can lift it off the wall with one hand - can't do that any more with my handy-man jack.

My boss from the old AMC dealership shop I worked in gave this to me when he was forced to retire (along with most of the Kent-Moore/AMC tools he still had left from those days)
I don't know where he got it, how long he had it, etc. - but was thinking of restoring it and either keeping it for display - or rigging it in the JT somehow.

antique-hydraulic-jack.jpg
Geez that needs to be in a museum

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Geez that needs to be in a museum
You should see my antique wrenches including Ford and others as well as a 100 year old Milwaukee Road adjustable wrench from before they were known as the Milwaukee Railroad.
Here's something every Jeep owner needs to carry with them..........

tire-gauge-1.jpg
tire-gauge-2.jpg

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted Hi-lift Jack, Fiskar Axe and Krazy Beaver Shovel to bed with EAG hood jack mount and Dominion Off Road axe and shovel bracket. Mounted hood brackets with rivet nuts to the bed.

60A862E5-8B8E-4994-AB0D-7A2D0EDA377D.jpeg

92C817E2-A378-4BF3-A6DD-17964BD7DE7C.jpeg

LOOKS great!

:lipssealed:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted Hi-lift Jack, Fiskar Axe and Krazy Beaver Shovel to bed with EAG hood jack mount and Dominion Off Road axe and shovel bracket. Mounted hood brackets with rivet nuts to the bed.

I REALLY like that solution. It's not only practical and keeps stuff out of the way when they aren't needed - but it looks sharp as heck, too.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

How'd you mount the axe and shovel to the bed front - what hardware did you use to mount to the bed wall and also to hold the axe and shovel?

Sponsored

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, JLUR Bikini Pearl, JLUR Granite Crystal, JKU Golden Eagle
How'd you mount the axe and shovel to the bed front - what hardware did you use to mount to the bed wall and also to hold the axe and shovel?
I used EAG hood mounts to mount the lift to the bed wall. Mounting them vertically instead of horizontally. Drilled 4 holes in the wall and utilized rivet nuts. Measured it 6 times and drilled once.

The axe and shovel are not mounted to the bed wall. They are attached to the lift using Dominion Offroad’s mount. The D O mount is originally intended for a JL roll bar mount. I have it on my JLUR. Same concept as originally intended with a twist. it’s a Frankenstein configuration but it works.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I used EAG hood mounts to mount the lift to the bed wall. Mounting them vertically instead of horizontally. Drilled 4 holes in the wall and utilized rivet nuts. Measured it 6 times and drilled once.

The axe and shovel are not mounted to the bed wall. They are attached to the lift using Dominion Offroad’s mount. The D O mount is originally intended for a JL roll bar mount. I have it on my JLUR. Same concept as originally intended with a twist. it’s a Frankenstein configuration but it works.

Thanks for explaining - looks great.

I personally refuse to use Rivnuts. Just say no to Rivnuts :headbang:

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for explaining - looks great.

I personally refuse to use Rivnuts. Just say no to Rivnuts :headbang:
It was a first time for me with the rivet nuts. Watched a few YouTube videos. Gave it a shot and it turned out perfect. Bolts with nuts could probably be used but the space between the back of the cab and the bed wall is tight. McGiver it and I’m sure there’s a way to get it done. I was considering coat hanger wire and duct tape to thread a bolt and lock washer through the bed wall from the cab side. Rivet Nut sounded better.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It was a first time for me with the rivet nuts. Watched a few YouTube videos. Gave it a shot and it turned out perfect. Bolts with nuts could probably be used but the space between the back of the cab and the bed wall is tight. McGiver it and I’m sure there’s a way to get it done. I was considering coat hanger wire and duct tape to thread a bolt and lock washer through the bed wall from the cab side. Rivet Nut sounded better.
And people wonder why I keep old hangers, duct tape - in fact all sorts of different tape, and other stuff out in my shop.
If I was going with bolts and nuts, I'd use serrated flange nuts so once they started to catch, you'd not need a wrench on the back side.

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And people wonder why I keep old hangers, duct tape - in fact all sorts of different tape, and other stuff out in my shop.
If I was going with bolts and nuts, I'd use serrated flange nuts so once they started to catch, you'd not need a wrench on the back side.
Exactly! The hard part is feeding the bolt through the hole.
Sponsored