Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Well It looks like I will be moving on from my favorite tire the Goodyear Duratrac. I have been running this tire for some time now:crying:. These tires last a long time, are great in the snow and mud, are quite on the road and from what I notice are great off roading.

At some point soon I am going to move up to a 37" or 38" and the Duratrac only goes to a 35". Does anyone have a suggestion of a replacement for them? Maybe a hybrid AT/MT?

Thank you for your time.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I ran Goodyear's and liked them as well. If I hadn't fell in love with BFGs I'd still be running them. That's the ones I would suggest BFG KO2S. I'll be moving up to 37's in them soon to. That's why I stopped running Goodyear's before was because I moved up to 37's in the KO2s on my JKU and then when I went back down to 35's I loved them so much that I went with BFGs in that size as well.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I ran Goodyear's and liked them as well. If I hadn't fell in love with BFGs I'd still be running them. That's the ones I would suggest BFG KO2S. I'll be moving up to 37's in them soon to. That's why I stopped running Goodyear's before was because I moved up to 37's in the KO2s on my JKU and then when I went back down to 35's I loved them so much that I went with BFGs in that size as well.
Don't the BFG KO2s run very small? I remember reading the 37"s ran more like 35.6".

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Don't the BFG KO2s run very small? I remember reading the 37"s ran more like 35.6".
That's pretty much all of them. They measured 36 even on my JKU in a 37 12.5 17 KO2. For reference my buddies Toyo 37 12.5 17 measured 36.5 on his JKU but as far as how long they lasted and felt on the road was night and day. His Toyo's were way louder and he got about 28,000 miles out of them. My BFGs would of made it 50,000 miles but I took them off at 36,000 and sold them to another guy in our jeep club so I could go back to 35's. I had the 3.8 in my JKU and was on 3.73 gears and I was getting about 12 miles to the gallon and just performance overall was just not good. That guy put another 17,000 miles on them before getting new tires. They do run a tad smaller but half a inch is about all but they are about 20lbs or more lighter than most other 37's.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
That's pretty much all of them. They measured 36 even on my JKU in a 37 12.5 17 KO2. For reference my buddies Toyo 37 12.5 17 measured 36.5 on his JKU but as far as how long they lasted and felt on the road was night and day. His Toyo's were way louder and he got about 28,000 miles out of them. My BFGs would of made it 50,000 miles but I took them off at 36,000 and sold them to another guy in our jeep club so I could go back to 35's. I had the 3.8 in my JKU and was on 3.73 gears and I was getting about 12 miles to the gallon and just performance overall was just not good. That guy put another 17,000 miles on them before getting new tires. They do run a tad smaller but half a inch is about all but they are about 20lbs or more lighter than most other 37's.
The Toyo's are not in the picture as I have red that they like to pull due to the crown in the road or something like that. I will for sure take a closer look at the BFG KO2's. I'm also looking at the Goodyear Wrangler MT with Kevlar. I get a 35-45% discount on goodyear on top of any other offers. My last 2 sets of(4) Duratracs 35"s ran me like $720

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The Toyo's are not in the picture as I have red that they like to pull due to the crown in the road or something like that. I will for sure take a closer look at the BFG KO2's. I'm also looking at the Goodyear Wrangler MT with Kevlar. I get a 35-45% discount on goodyear on top of any other offers. My last 2 sets of(4) Duratracs 35"s ran me like $720
I ran goodyear wrangler M/Ts on my old XJ in a 35 and they did awesome. They won't get you as much road life as a A/T will.get you but they perform well. Expect about 25-30,000 miles out of them. I ran Geolander M/Ts as well in a 35 not 37 on the JK and they did awesome as far as performance but the road life is terrible. Pavement really isn't kind to them but that's pretty much the case with most M/Ts. If I had a dedicated trail rig the Geolanders would be on it.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I ran goodyear wrangler M/Ts on my old XJ in a 35 and they did awesome. They won't get you as much road life as a A/T will.get you but they perform well. Expect about 25-30,000 miles out of them. I ran Geolander M/Ts as well in a 35 not 37 on the JK and they did awesome as far as performance but the road life is terrible. Pavement really isn't kind to them but that's pretty much the case with most M/Ts. If I had a dedicated trail rig the Geolanders would be on it.
That won't work for me. In a normal year I do 20-25K a year. This year that took me 16 months .

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That won't work for me. In a normal year I do 20-25K a year. This year that took me 16 months .
That's the reason I run the BFGs is because how many miles I put on my vehicles. Almost 19,000 in the JT so far And not even 11 months into ownership yet. The 315 70 17 BFG KO2s I got on mine has 18,600 miles on them and they barely look worn, still got 80% or better life on them. It's the first time I ran that size over a 35 70 17 but they only measure .2 inches smaller. I should get well over 50,000 miles out of them which sucks because ready for 37's as well, should of done it in the first place.
Sponsored