Sponsored

Multi cylinder misfire

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Gas was Jeep"s theory with my issues. Except my issues started immediately on the first tank of gas from the factory.
The first tank of gas does not come from the factory. They put a few gallons in it then the dealership fills it up at a local station. If it were gas you would think all the vehicles that the dealership sold would have it.
Sponsored

Raulf11

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Driver
I had the check engine light come on as well. Took it to auto zone and gave me a p300 code with no info. It went away a day later. Then this weekend i was on a trip and light come on again. Took it to a local jeep dealer. Was given gladiator back saying "they are reaching out to engineering and to give me back my jeep. They have no eta". Sooo do i just drive my jeep like no issues? What if there is another checking light issue and im.thinking is the misfire and i damage something because of it.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I had the check engine light come on as well. Took it to auto zone and gave me a p300 code with no info. It went away a day later. Then this weekend i was on a trip and light come on again. Took it to a local jeep dealer. Was given gladiator back saying "they are reaching out to engineering and to give me back my jeep. They have no eta". Sooo do i just drive my jeep like no issues? What if there is another checking light issue and im.thinking is the misfire and i damage something because of it.
Then its on them.

Raulf11

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Driver
So has anyones misfire cel light been fixed or corrected. Would hate to put more money into it if its just gonna be a lemon. Seeing thread dating back to aug. Its been almost a year. What happens when u have to pass inspection?

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Day 62 without my Gladiator. first one bought back after 48 days in shop. This is day 14 for the replacement Gladiator. What a mess! Dealer is changing the phasers. Dealer changed phasers on Gladiator #1 and is selling it as a used vehicle. FCA has been missing in action on this deal. I get the initial Jeep Cares call and never hear back... Save your money and wait for the new Bronco.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Day 62 without my Gladiator. first one bought back after 48 days in shop. This is day 14 for the replacement Gladiator. What a mess! Dealer is changing the phasers. Dealer changed phasers on Gladiator #1 and is selling it as a used vehicle. FCA has been missing in action on this deal. I get the initial Jeep Cares call and never hear back... Save your money and wait for the new Bronco.
Who did the buyback on your first Gladiator? Dealership or FCA?

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Dealer bought it back. FCA offered a week later.

David2020JT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiatior Rubicon
Occupation
Banker
So finally following up on my prior thread. To rehash, turned my Gladiator in for the 2nd time for this problem on the June 24th and got it back today, July 9th.

FCA engineer did the work. Here's the work they did: replaced camshaft lifters, rocker arms, CAM phasers, and VVL oil control valves on bank 2 due to misfires.

Was not pleased with the timeline due to delay in parts, but need to give grace given the impact of COVID on manufacturing and shipping and in the end the dealership took care of me. As I was picking it up, another client at the dealership had the same problem with his Gladiator.

Per the dealership, this engineer has done the same work on other Gladiators and this fix has appeared to work. I'll post invoice with parts once I'm back in the office....but similiar to dealership...impacted by COVID so don't have access to a scanner. Hoping the fix works, and with exception to posting the invoice with parts, hoping I won't have to repost again for the same problem. Should it come to that...would be expecting a new Gladiator.

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
So finally following up on my prior thread. To rehash, turned my Gladiator in for the 2nd time for this problem on the June 24th and got it back today, July 9th.

FCA engineer did the work. Here's the work they did: replaced camshaft lifters, rocker arms, CAM phasers, and VVL oil control valves on bank 2 due to misfires.

Was not pleased with the timeline due to delay in parts, but need to give grace given the impact of COVID on manufacturing and shipping and in the end the dealership took care of me. As I was picking it up, another client at the dealership had the same problem with his Gladiator.

Per the dealership, this engineer has done the same work on other Gladiators and this fix has appeared to work. I'll post invoice with parts once I'm back in the office....but similiar to dealership...impacted by COVID so don't have access to a scanner. Hoping the fix works, and with exception to posting the invoice with parts, hoping I won't have to repost again for the same problem. Should it come to that...would be expecting a new Gladiator.
Dealership called and said Star Tech was coming to dealership Monday to install new software. Phasers were replaced on Tuesday.

CCDANIELS

First Name
Camron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Finally had time to take the Gladiator in for my CEL. They kept it overnight because they were backed up. They said that FCA is aware of this issue and their fix was to flash the PCM with an update (which they did). If I dont post again, it was fixed (I hope I didn't jinx myself)

Sponsored

CCDANIELS

First Name
Camron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
About a week later, CEL and Auto Stop Start service warning is in. No good. Anybody have any luck with theirs?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
So has anyones misfire cel light been fixed or corrected. Would hate to put more money into it if its just gonna be a lemon. Seeing thread dating back to aug. Its been almost a year. What happens when u have to pass inspection?
Aren't there several threads on misfires with some results?

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;

[/QUOTE

This fix worked for me too.
Sponsored