OP

Aaronf40

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Well.....it happened again... MULTI CYLINDER MISS FIRE... I hate this! Jeep is also not calling me back anymore......
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Florida has a three strikes lemon law. If this is the third time, let them try to fix it one more time and if it returns, lemon law it. Sucks regardless, but you have avenues.

jkuhn1113

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So an update to my old JTR from November. The Dealer has finally ā€œfixedā€ it a few weeks ago. FCA gave up and threw a completely new engine at it. Itā€™s back on the lot and ready to be sold now as it is considered a brand new vehicle since I did not buy it. Not sure If the dealer will or is supposed to disclose the fact that the engine is... brand new? New?

CCDANIELS

First Name
Camron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
About 2k miles into owning my Rubicon JT I got the multi cylinder misfire CEL also multiple ESS service warnings. Dealership cleared it and said they couldn't troubleshoot it because there were no current symptoms.... Didn't see the CEL again until around 4200 miles. CEL was on for about 3 days, cleared, came back on for 1 day and cleared. Honestly after it last cleared on its own, it felt more responsive, smoother, appeared to have more power, and better fuel mileage. Ive been wanting to take it into the dealership but I cant be without transportation right now. Has anyone gotten their's completely fixed? I dont want to do any major mods until this is taken care of...

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @CCDANIELS,

We are sorry to learn that you have had these concerns with your Jeep Gladiator in the past. If the CEL or ESS alerts return, please connect with us through private message so that we can assist while your Jeep vehicle is in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
My Gladiator has been in shop 38 days same issues. Jeep believes it is a VVT
issue due to defective cam phaser. Wonā€™t buyback this one until they try this. Has anyone had the misfire issue repaired? Was it the cam phaser?

LynHunter

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Man, I feel for you. I had the multi cylinder issue the first hour I drove the new Gladiator off the lot. It took over six months before they bought it back, just last week. Jeep Cares was also unresponsive at first and made me jump thru inane hoops. Chrysler engineers have had many bad Gladiators in a lab for months trying to figure out what is wrong and they have not to this day. I assume by how long it took to get any $ back, they have a lot of pending buybacks. I was lucky and had a dealer who eventually stood up for me, and pushed back at some of the obvious bogus 'fixes' Chrysler was pushing. Ater being jerked around for MONTHS and not getting compensated as I would have liked, I regret not hiring an attorney as soon as I met the reqs of my state's lemon law, months ago. That was a recommendation from a guy with the same issues who responded to my first WTF thread, and I pass that advice on to you. Good luck.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My Gladiator has been in shop 38 days same issues. Jeep believes it is a VVT
issue due to defective cam phaser. Wonā€™t buyback this one until they try this. Has anyone had the misfire issue repaired? Was it the cam phaser?
Hi @Glade8tor
We are sorry to hear that you have experienced these concerns with your vehicle. If you would like additional support while working with your dealer toward a resolution, feel free to send us a private message with your VIN. We're happy to help.

Kathryn
JeepCares

David2020JT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiatior Rubicon
Occupation
Banker
Purchased my JT in December and experiencing the same issue. Like most of you, love the truck but am pretty nervous/disappointed after reading through this thread. My car is in the shop for the same problem for the second time in as many weeks. While waiting for my rental car from the dealership, the gentleman next to me had the exact same problem to the extent his engine was completely shutting down. Thus, itā€™s obviously not an isolated event and based on thread doesnā€™t sound like thereā€™s a solution other than lemon laws. Dealership told me today they didnā€™t have a solution so had to call back to corporate so itā€™s still at the shop as they wait for an answer. . Jeep Cares...what is Jeep doing about this?

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
Purchased my JT in December and experiencing the same issue. Like most of you, love the truck but am pretty nervous/disappointed after reading through this thread. My car is in the shop for the same problem for the second time in as many weeks. While waiting for my rental car from the dealership, the gentleman next to me had the exact same problem to the extent his engine was completely shutting down. Thus, itā€™s obviously not an isolated event and based on thread doesnā€™t sound like thereā€™s a solution other than lemon laws. Dealership told me today they didnā€™t have a solution so had to call back to corporate so itā€™s still at the shop as they wait for an answer. . Jeep Cares...what is Jeep doing about this?
Search misfire on the forum...thereā€™s a couple of threads with great info. No fixes, but many people working through same issue.

Sponsored

David2020JT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiatior Rubicon
Occupation
Banker
Thank you for the help! I'll update the link above once I get the car back and have invoice describing the issue. So far, I've been told only 1 cylinder is misfiring...same one as the first time. Chrysler has asked a technician drive the car with it hooked to their sensors for an extended period of time so they can get a feed of the problem. That said, I'm stuck with a rental throughout the weekend....and likely til Wednesday. They're doing their best to make this right and the dealership and have been very helpful, but remained concerned if corporate can't figure it out I may be dealing with a lemon. Have a trail ride planned for the 10th....so hope it's fixed by then!

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I got the multi-cylinder misfire problem when I switched to pure gas (no ethanol). Ran through 2 tanks. Misfire problems and no improvement in performance so I went back to regular gas with ethanol. Misfire problem hasn't reappeared after 4 tanks of fuel. So maybe fuel is part of the problem.

LynHunter

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I got the multi-cylinder misfire problem when I switched to pure gas (no ethanol). Ran through 2 tanks. Misfire problems and no improvement in performance so I went back to regular gas with ethanol. Misfire problem hasn't reappeared after 4 tanks of fuel. So maybe fuel is part of the problem.
Gas was Jeep"s theory with my issues. Except my issues started immediately on the first tank of gas from the factory. At the time they claimed ethanol to be the problem not the solution. So i had to go thru a couple tanks of premium. I thought it was a waste of time, but i had no choice, and of course it was back in the shop shop after the gas 'fix'. One thing i saw that might have made a difference wad altitude. I bought my jeep new in Wisconsin, got the CEL light right away and often. I bought the truck to go to the Tucson gem show, and my dealership service convinced me it would be ok. And it was. As soon as i got above 1000+ feet no CLE, for over 4000 miles. Thru snow ...8000 feet elevation...nothing. Then on the way home, i get to Chicago, and the multi cylinder misfire occurs again. I wad thinking it might be air qualityas well

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thank you for the help! I'll update the link above once I get the car back and have invoice describing the issue. So far, I've been told only 1 cylinder is misfiring...same one as the first time. Chrysler has asked a technician drive the car with it hooked to their sensors for an extended period of time so they can get a feed of the problem. That said, I'm stuck with a rental throughout the weekend....and likely til Wednesday. They're doing their best to make this right and the dealership and have been very helpful, but remained concerned if corporate can't figure it out I may be dealing with a lemon. Have a trail ride planned for the 10th....so hope it's fixed by then!
Hi there David,
Thank you for describing your concerns here - we certainly would be happy to help. If you would like our additional support during this repair process, please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored