First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Do you have a Plex server? I have Tablo and record a lot of stuff from OTA tv - and then export from my Tablo to my big system in my office downstairs. Through the LG web TV or tablo, I can watch pretty much anything, anywhere. My shop is networked as well so technically I could watch tablo recordings or exported stuff out there on one of the TVs.
Yes. But I've found it frustratingly inconsistent on playback--it's really a nuisance to have it buffering, but that's minor compared to wanting to play a movie and Plex just decides it can't find the server. So, I spend an hour fixing whatever made Plex unhappy--usually some update to Windows or Android or Plex--before I finally can sit down and enjoy the video. Instead, I just copy the videos for a few days to a thumbdrive, then play it back on either my homebrew HTPC (bedroom--which also has a removable drive that is large enough to carry all 6,000+ videos) or XBox One X (living room, 4K TV). I can also use that when on an overlanding adventure, though I keep the movies tied to that subject. "The Gods Must Be Crazy" is a popular title. ;-)
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. But I've found it frustratingly inconsistent on playback--it's really a nuisance to have it buffering, but that's minor compared to wanting to play a movie and Plex just decides it can't find the server. So, I spend an hour fixing whatever made Plex unhappy--usually some update to Windows or Android or Plex--before I finally can sit down and enjoy the video. Instead, I just copy the videos for a few days to a thumbdrive, then play it back on either my homebrew HTPC (bedroom--which also has a removable drive that is large enough to carry all 6,000+ videos) or XBox One X (living room, 4K TV).
OK, thanks. I guess my choice to not go Plex like so many of the Tablo gurus go with was apparently not a mistake. I have videos on my RAID and copied to a NAS for backup. My TV will look for them on my network - my bluray player will even use my PCs as sources for video if I wish, or music for that matter. I don't have a massive collection (LOL - not 1/10th of what you have) but between Tablo for TV shows, Firestick, chromecast, LG tv and bluray player, and such, we're doing ok.
Now if I could get decent internet out here, supposedly I can watch recorded shows on a mobile device, or phone, even if we leave the country. The cellular data router we have to use blocks the streaming from Tablo. Would be cool to be in Korea, pull up my tablet or phone and watch local news or shows!

OP
OP
CJ_Scottie

CJ_Scottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota TRD PRO, various old Cherokee Sports

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Lots of country songs out there about trucks. Garth Brooks has one that I have really been enjoying the past few days while driving in my new JTR...

if you listen (or read the cc) on Cowboy Cadillac, it describes the Gladiator perfectly.

the other would be “pickup man” by Joe Diffie.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
The last couple months it's pretty much been the new Tool album: Fear Inoculum or a podcast of some sort.

The band put the whole album up on YouTube:

The drum work on Descending is just sublime.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
I generally listen to 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s, techno and some newer music. Found a couple new songs on my last road trip, they SOUND AMAZING turned up with the base :D

Sometimes I use my mp3 player, but it's ancient (like probably 10+ years old), so can only use with aux port and audio isn't horrible, but not the best. :D

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I generally listen to 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s, techno and some newer music. Found a couple new songs on my last road trip, they SOUND AMAZING turned up with the base :D
"No son ni Reebok ni son Nike!!!"

The song "Ritmo (Bad Boys for Life)" contains so much different references to other songs, movies, artists, or in this case a funny and almost viral radio show quote.

Last edited:

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I listen to a very wide range of music.

however I am really enjoying THE COFFEE HOUSE on SiriusXM CH.14. They play a lot of acoustic versions of songs.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of country songs out there about trucks. Garth Brooks has one that I have really been enjoying the past few days while driving in my new JTR...

if you listen (or read the cc) on Cowboy Cadillac, it describes the Gladiator perfectly.

the other would be “pickup man” by Joe Diffie.
It’s a Jeep thing - Paul Randy Mingo

Jeep Jeep - Krista Marie

There’s another thread about this:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/posts/238068/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/the-warthog-mix-music-fitting-for-a-gladiator
Sponsored