My 12v Fridge was just delivered upside down on my porch

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The delivery guys left my new fridge on the front porch upside down, luckily I got to it within mins and set it right. I am worried though that they had it in their truck upside down as well and who knows for how long. I have heard that you need to let the gases settle again once upright before turning it on. Anyone know for how long? Its an ICECO 45.
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
same thing happened to me with both my Dometic and my AlpiCool. The friendly Amazon driver left my AlpiCool at the mailbox. My driveway isn't long but long enough that I couldn't see it. Anyone driving or walking down the street could though. Anyway I just unboxed them and let them sit for two days and both are working perfectly for me. I am testing the AlpiCool for reliability and it has been running in my garage and bedroom since the middle of May. So being upside down didn't seem to hurt it at all.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The delivery guys left my new fridge on the front porch upside down, luckily I got to it within mins and set it right. I am worried though that they had it in their truck upside down as well and who knows for how long. I have heard that you need to let the gases settle again once upright before turning it on. Anyone know for how long? Its an ICECO 45.
must have been an Australian delivery guy, :CWL:

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
To be honest... no freight companies will continually keep a shipped box in an upright position... from the moment they pick it up at the manufacturing plant to it getting to your home. Unfortunately, they are human.

OP
OP
BajaDrifter

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
To be honest... no freight companies will continually keep a shipped box in an upright position... from the moment they pick it up at the manufacturing plant to it getting to your home. Unfortunately, they are human.
Yes, I understand that. Human or not, they just don't care to follow the warnings on the boxes, be it impractical or just carelessness. I just wanted to know how long one should wait before turning it on or if you even have to wait. I saw nothing in the handbook it came with about this.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
For refrigerators, it's not the gasses that are the issue, it's the oil that lubricates the compressor. It won't hurt anything as long as you wait long enough for the oil to settle.

OP
OP
BajaDrifter

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
For refrigerators, it's not the gasses that are the issue, it's the oil that lubricates the compressor. It won't hurt anything as long as you wait long enough for the oil to settle.
Learning more, thanks!

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I understand that. Human or not, they just don't care to follow the warnings on the boxes, be it impractical or just carelessness. I just wanted to know how long one should wait before turning it on or if you even have to wait. I saw nothing in the handbook it came with about this.
When I worked at UPS, they would say there is no fragile service offering. It sucks, but it’s just boxes to all of them.
Sponsored