First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
I'll start off by saying my ass could be in better shape. I have not worked out and squatted in ages and my once plump bottom has morphed into Hank Hill's butt.

That being said, Im getting desperate for a solution. I purchased a well-reviewed memory foam seat cushion that has not helped.

These (cloth) seats are just awful beyond 3 hours.

I'm 6'4, 230 and need a solution that doesn't involve me chopping my car seat down being that I don't officially own it (yet).

If I'm not mistaken, the seat slammer that doesn't involve chopping the seat would make the seat higher which would probably put my head at the cusp of the roof.

Am I out of luck on solutions?
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
https://desertdoesit.com/collection...u-and-gladiator-adjustable-front-seat-jackers

A lot of people have had success with these seat Jackers. There’s no permanent modification required to your jeep. Your install is loosening the rear two bolts holding the seat bracket down, then removing the front two bolts holding the seat bracket down. Then lifting the seat up and putting the spacers under the front of the seat bracket and reinstalling the bolts. And then finally tightening the rear bolts down.

all in all the install is less than a half hour and makes a large difference for taller fellas.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Another vote for the Desert Does It seat jackers. I have the 1.25" lift for the driver seat and couldn't live without them. This and a dead pedal were the two most important comfort mods I installed. This pulled from the website:

FIXED FRONT SEAT JACKERS - JEEP - 2018 WRANGLER TO 2021 WRANGLER JL, JLU, & GLADIATOR – Desert Does It
If your inseam is 36" to 38", we suggest the Fixed Front Seat Jackers® that lift the front of the seat by 1.25 inches.

Funny how the smallest things can make the biggest difference.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I will add in for the Seat Jackers. I wasn't sure if they would make much of a difference when first installed. 1200 mile trip later and what a difference in comfort.

Sponsored

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Did no one notice that he's 6'4" and doesn't want to raise the seat?

But yeah, unfortunately if you don't want to cut the seat mounts, you don't want to carve seat foam, and you don't want to jack up the front of the seat... I think you're out of options.

Perhaps a dead pedal could help, by supplying a little counterpressure. Personally I'm 6'2" though long of leg - I love all the extra legroom on the left and don't want to fill it with a dead pedal

FKN Slayer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sarge Green Gladiator
Occupation
Sam's Club Receiving associate
Since the internet has ruined me and I never clear my browser history, my search results for seat jacker really wasn't Jeep related. That being said, I'm also in for a seat jacker. ;)

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
okay
Did no one notice that he's 6'4" and doesn't want to raise the seat?

But yeah, unfortunately if you don't want to cut the seat mounts, you don't want to carve seat foam, and you don't want to jack up the front of the seat... I think you're out of options.

Perhaps a dead pedal could help, by supplying a little counterpressure. Personally I'm 6'2" though long of leg - I love all the extra legroom on the left and don't want to fill it with a dead pedal
He said

“I'm 6'4, 230 and need a solution that doesn't involve me chopping my car seat down being that I don't officially own it (yet).”

so the seat jackers meet that need. The seat jackets rock the seat back slightly, which gives a bit more head room IMO.

I agree with you on the dead pedal. I found one that sits higher so I can either use it or put my foot under it. Its nice to have options

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
There was also this:

the seat slammer that doesn't involve chopping the seat would make the seat higher which would probably put my head at the cusp of the roof.
I assumed he was referring to the seat jackers here...

Got a link to the dead pedal you can get your foot under? That sounds interesting

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
There was also this:

I assumed he was referring to the seat jackers here...

Got a link to the dead pedal you can get your foot under? That sounds interesting
I can’t remember where i got it but these looks similar

YZONA SUORTO Steel Driver Side Dead Pedal Left Side Foot Rest Kick Panel Compatible with 2018-2021 Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT https://a.co/d/jaGXh9u

Left Foot Pegs Rest Pedal Driver Side Dead Pedal Compatible with 2018-2021 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU and 2020+ Gladiator JT Truck https://a.co/d/1i4Mky6

422E628E-F09F-4EAA-96CB-C4467C92497C.jpeg

BE0788BD-197D-4474-A15E-B4B76F1BB7DC.jpeg

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
I'll start off by saying my ass could be in better shape. I have not worked out and squatted in ages and my once plump bottom has morphed into Hank Hill's butt.

That being said, Im getting desperate for a solution. I purchased a well-reviewed memory foam seat cushion that has not helped.

These (cloth) seats are just awful beyond 3 hours.

I'm 6'4, 230 and need a solution that doesn't involve me chopping my car seat down being that I don't officially own it (yet).

If I'm not mistaken, the seat slammer that doesn't involve chopping the seat would make the seat higher which would probably put my head at the cusp of the roof.

Am I out of luck on solutions?

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Ditto on the Seat Jackers. While not magical, they significantly increased my comfort and help delay the onset of aching hams and glutes on long drives.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery