Sponsored

My jeep smells like cheap hookers and beer, please send help!!

OP
OP
Branman

Branman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Essential.
But the fact that it rained in it is the reason for the smell. So preventing it getting wet = preventing smell to begin with.

It's carpet, upholstery, foam, etc. - that all equals smell. Any vehicle that gets wet inside and stays wet for a while will smell like a gym locker room.

You can wipe some of the stuff down with a disinfectant- may help...... I've used lysol in cars I've restored or worked on that have set a long time with leaky windows, etc.
I get it. My point was that I don’t mind if it gets wet, it’s a jeep not a Mercedes. I think the fact that it can get wet inside is one of the reasons we all got a jeep, especially if you wheel it and strip it down.
Sponsored

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
For real -----> Put a lot of dryer sheets under both seats. Use car dealers do this and it works. You're welcome....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's still a vehicle with carpet and upholstery unless you take the carpet and any padding or any sort of floor covering out. Any sort of stitching will allow water in, electronics may be water proof or water resistant but water getting in gets the dirt and dust wet that has also gotten in.
There's dirt in these after months of use - get that dirt and dust wet, it's gonna smell bad.
It's a Jeep not a Mercedes - yeah, and if I had a Mercedes I'd really gripe if it smelled bad. Not with a Jeep though, you buy them to get them dirty and wet.
Jeep can't make them smell nice, too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
For real -----> Put a lot of dryer sheets under both seats. Use car dealers do this and it works. You're welcome....
How about a cabin filter with a carbon filter portion.

You have to absorb the smell -or kill what's making it, not mask it.

I suspect dryer sheets absorb the smell, maybe? They did help when we had our camper and it sat for months between uses. (but the mice loved them and used them for nest material)

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
mine is going to smell like sweat if I keep going to the gym and sweating all over my shirt and then getting in wet for the ride home. I should probably start taking some clothes to change into.

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Same shit here. Had a 32oz glass Crowler break in the back today, not on the seats, but on the mats and some got over into the carpets. Passion fruit mango sour from Flight Deck Brewing, Break the Sour Barrier. Damn, party foul. It fell and broke itself on another 32oz bottle. Dried up with towels, but will do more tomorrow.
I bet the stout pushed it.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I bet the stout pushed it.
LOL. At least it doesn’t smell of cheap hookers though. I opened it up this morning and hoovered up the broken glass, the rug was pretty dry and it did t smell bad, and didn’t really smell of beer.

Last edited:

FLACRACKER

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
I would suggest removing the top and doors on a dry day, just letting it air out. If top and doors are on, put a box of baking soda up front and in the back. You could also sprinkle baking soda on the carpet, leaving it for a day or two, then vacuum. Also although it may not make a difference, replace the cabin air filter. Best wishes !

Sponsored

SMIII

First Name
Sewall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys
Occupation
Commercial Fisherman
Rent an ozone generator, put top back on, close it up and run the O3 gen inside of it overnight, that will kill anything causing funk smell. Just let it air out for a half hour before you hop in and drive...

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
So did the Ozone generator in my wife's car today, about to do it in my Jeep..... expecting good results. Did a 2 hour session, about to replace the cabin filter, and then will do another long session. We bought hers used, and they had dogs and best I guess smoked, (we have dogs, but won't be in her car, and don't smoke), so fingers crossed!

Jeep Gladiator My jeep smells like cheap hookers and beer, please send help!! 20210727_171723785_iOS (2)
Jeep Gladiator My jeep smells like cheap hookers and beer, please send help!! 20210727_202455523_iOS (2)

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro-Blue Pearl Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Even though it hasnt been left in the rain topless i would feel the carpet under the rear seat. a lot of those hard tops leak there and it could be there with out even knowing about it. I read somewhere on here that someone just happen to lift the back seat to get somthing out and it was wet from a leak. could be whats causing the smell. I usually just check mine after a heavy rain just to make sure its not leaking, just to try to catch it before i find it because of a smell.
Sponsored